Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Good Wii Remote Charger

Natedogg2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Natedogg2

Hello everyone,

My sister wants a charger for her Wii remotes for Christmas this year, but I'm not terribly familiar with Wii accessories. Can anyone recommend a good charger (preferably under $30) that I could pick up for her?

Thanks for any help in advance

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emilio
    @Natedogg2:  
    Just buy her rechargeable batteries and a recharge kit from Energizer or whatever. Not only will she get unlimited* battery life, but she can use those batteries on anything that needs batteries. 

Very handy.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Emilio said:
    " @Natedogg2:  Just buy her rechargeable batteries and a recharge kit from Energizer or whatever. Not only will she get unlimited* battery life, but she can use those batteries on anything that needs batteries.  Very handy. "
    So rechargable batteries don't completely suck anymore? Last time I checked, they struggle to hold a charge for very long. Then again, last time I checked was yeeeears ago.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Emilio
    @JJWeatherman:  
    I got the most cheap ass charger and 4 batteries and they work like I need them. They hold a charge for a good while, and I usually have the rumble and speaker on the wiimote on full blast.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mikemcn

I have a Psyclone Quad charger for my remotes and it works great, I havent had any problems with it yet. (Except for the fact that I leave my Remotes on their for months, one day Im going to go downstairs to turn on my wii and find that the remote batteries have all exploded from the strain of constant charging.) Although they don't seem to make it anymore, maybe too many people died from remote sharpnel.

EDIT: Forget everything above, Apparently there is a recall out for it due to overheating, Oh well.....

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Emilio
    @Natedogg2:  
    But if she wants a Wii charger, get her a Wii charger. I mean, what can you do? They basically contain the same type of battery as single batteries, right? Unless they're some lithium over nickel type right? 

Maybe I should look this up. 

Maybe YOU should look this up. 

Here is a picture of a battery. 
    No Caption Provided

Here is a picture of Donkey Kong and friends.
    No Caption Provided
    robot4me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By robot4me

energizer makes a recharger kit. it comes with 2 rechargeable battery packs, new battery covers and a charger that plugs into the wall. it only cost $20 at walmart or target. thecharger stand has a light on each side that is red when charging, green when fully charged.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.