Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Has anyone noticed the neglect Wii gets around here?

• 108 results
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Jayge_
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "The site has been around solely for the 2nd half of 08, possibly the worst time for Wii since launch.
    They'll ramp it up when more 3rd party games come out that people care about.
    "
    I'm fairly certain that they'll put out a Mad World review.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Jayge said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "The site has been around solely for the 2nd half of 08, possibly the worst time for Wii since launch.
    They'll ramp it up when more 3rd party games come out that people care about.
    "
    I'm fairly certain that they'll put out a Mad World review."
    And House of the Dead, and The Conduit. There's quite a few I expect they'll review eventually in 2009. Hell, maybe somewhere down the road, they'll hire someone to specialize in Nintendo stuff.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By RHCPfan24
    get2sammyb said:
    "In response to the list of games you thought they should have reviewed: they didn't do Tiger Woods because they don't do sports games and they didn't do Mega Man 9 because they couldn't beat the game.

World of Goo and de Blob should have probably got reviews but Jeff mentioned something about his colour blindness effectively rendering the game unplayable for him, or certainly not to a standard where he felt he could review.

I think you make a point but I think you're a little lost with the release date of the site and also their philosophy. It's not that they blatantly hate the Wii it's just that there has been nothing particularly high profile this year end. That's all there is to it.

If they don't review House Of The Dead Overkill, Madworld, Punch Out!! and Sin & Punishment 2 then maybe you'll have a point. I have a sneaky feeling they will though.

Can we also stop with all the Wii hate please. Yes the holiday release line up sucked. Yes a lot of shovelware gets put on it. Yes Nintendo have made games you don't want to play. Boo hoo - I'm all for people explaining why GiantBomb didn't review Wii games this year but do we really have to hear "lol... Wii sucks... for kids... toy" every other post?"
    Yeah, I agree with you there and I think everyone else should too.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By pause422
    Kush said:
    "I would say personally that there isn't much going on with the Wii as far as software goes right now, but that is just my opinion. Also, your statement that they underrate every Wii game is ridiculous. They are giving their honest opinion and if you don't like that then I feel sorry for you..."
    Pretty much. The day a quality Wii game, or one even worthy of giving an actual review comes out, I'm sure they'll give it one maybe, like Madworld when it hits. But remember, they said from the start they are reviewing only games they honestly feel like reviewing, or have an interest in. Wii in terms of any software lately hasn't had shit come out for it, if you somehow love the last however many "Wii" starting name games, and a bunch of minigame collections and what not, I guess that's too bad for you. Just look elsewhere for reviews then.

I really dunno if House of the Dead Overkill would be worth reviewing, but they'll definitely review Madworld, and maybe The Conduit, even though I think The Conduit looks like a bunch of garbage, but since its on the Wii only, fanboys seem to think its going to be mind blowing or something.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    pause422 said:
    "Kush said:
    "I would say personally that there isn't much going on with the Wii as far as software goes right now, but that is just my opinion. Also, your statement that they underrate every Wii game is ridiculous. They are giving their honest opinion and if you don't like that then I feel sorry for you..."
    Pretty much. The day a quality Wii game, or one even worthy of giving an actual review comes out, I'm sure they'll give it one maybe, like Madworld when it hits. But remember, they said from the start they are reviewing only games they honestly feel like reviewing, or have an interest in. Wii in terms of any software lately hasn't had shit come out for it, if you somehow love the last however many "Wii" starting name games, and a bunch of minigame collections and what not, I guess that's too bad for you. Just look elsewhere for reviews then.

I really dunno if House of the Dead Overkill would be worth reviewing, but they'll definitely review Madworld, and maybe The Conduit, even though I think The Conduit looks like a bunch of garbage, but since its on the Wii only, fanboys seem to think its going to be mind blowing or something."
    They have covered The Conduit on videos before. They'll review it. I bet they'll review House of the Dead because of the fact that it's HOUSE OF THE DEAD. There haven't been too many glaring gaps in reviews for Wii, with the exception of de Blob.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Has anyone noticed the neglect Wii owners get? Not really much out there that's gotten my interest since Smash Bros Brawl. My Wii has gone BEYOND just collecting dust. I put it back in its box, where it has remained for the several months. It still blows my mind that the thing is selling so well, because from the standpoint of someone who has been playing Nintendo games since the NES... the Wii sure doesn't have much to offer.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By HandsomeDead
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "Has anyone noticed the neglect Wii owners get? Not really much out there that's gotten my interest since Smash Bros Brawl. My Wii has gone BEYOND just collecting dust. I put it back in its box, where it has remained for the several months. It still blows my mind that the thing is selling so well, because from the standpoint of someone who has been playing Nintendo games since the NES... the Wii sure doesn't have much to offer."
    Doesn't it have an incredibly low attach rate or something? For the record, mine is back in the box too and has been since the end of No More Heroes way back when.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By pause422
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "pause422 said:
    "Kush said:

I really dunno if House of the Dead Overkill would be worth reviewing, but they'll definitely review Madworld, and maybe The Conduit, even though I think The Conduit looks like a bunch of garbage, but since its on the Wii only, fanboys seem to think its going to be mind blowing or something."
    They have covered The Conduit on videos before. They'll review it. I bet they'll review House of the Dead because of the fact that it's HOUSE OF THE DEAD. There haven't been too many glaring gaps in reviews for Wii, with the exception of de Blob."
    Well, they also covered Legendary on video before, that terrible looking FPS, and that didn't get reviewed so.....I know on the bombcast that happened after they covered the conduit Ryan mentioned he wasn't impressed at all by it, as was no one. Anyway, besides Madworld I guess The Conduit seems to be the only somewhat big release for the Wii regardless, so you're probably right. Though I think Madworld could do so much better if they made it multiplatform.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Willy105
    atejas said:
    "Sonic Unleashed got a 7.5 on the Wii and PS2.
    360 and PS3 versions got a 3."
    Not here on Giantbomb. It hasn't even been reviewed.
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By dsplayer1010
    License_To_Bill said:
    "If something happened with the Wii that mattered, I'm sure you'd see something about it."

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Willy105
    coonana said:
    "Total lack of coverage, reviews, and articles and when they do review games they underrate them, almost always below the average. Its kinda disheartening. I know that this is a bad christmas with an obvious lack of games for Wii but even when the wii does have alot of games coming out they ignore it and down talk it."
    Be patient with Giantbomb. They are new. They'll get there.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#62  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Yeah, dude. I have no attachment to my Wii. I was really thinking of selling it online this year before Christmas, because I'm pretty sure I'd be able to make more money off of it than I paid, but I guess I kind of forgot or something. I don't know, it would be kind of hard to just let it go completely like that, because I know within the next few years, the Wii will get a must-have title, but by then I'd be able to buy it for cheaper, so it really doesn't seem like such a bad idea to me. I think I would feel bad over-charging someone like a parent around this time of year, especially with all the problems with the economy and everything, but maybe if I think of it in terms of it going to someone who will get more happiness out of it than I have, than I suppose it would be okay. In fact, that might just be swell.

Edit: Oh yeah, I remember now that I had decided against selling it and I was going to get Zack and Wiki for Christmas because it's only $20. I haven't played it since my local Blockbuster doesn't carry it, but considering the cheap price and all the rave reviews, I thought it'd be a good idea... Until the other day I looked online and the cheapest I could find the game was for $70 new. I guess it's become something of a rare game, so it looks like I missed my chance with that one. Maybe I should capitalize on these 10 days until Christmas and get that thing on ebay.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Willy105
    HandsomeDead said:
    "TheGreatGuero said:
    "Has anyone noticed the neglect Wii owners get? Not really much out there that's gotten my interest since Smash Bros Brawl. My Wii has gone BEYOND just collecting dust. I put it back in its box, where it has remained for the several months. It still blows my mind that the thing is selling so well, because from the standpoint of someone who has been playing Nintendo games since the NES... the Wii sure doesn't have much to offer."
    Doesn't it have an incredibly low attach rate or something? For the record, mine is back in the box too and has been since the end of No More Heroes way back when."
    No. The attach rate is higher than the PS3's.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Endogene

And here i am enjoying it fully with tatsunoku vs capcom that just came in...

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By pause422
    Willy105 said:
    "atejas said:
    Not here on Giantbomb. It hasn't even been reviewed."
    Who here at GB would want to torture themselves through another Sonic trainwreck? A Werehog? Really? grats. I heard the only reason the WIi version was generally getting better reviews on it is because it was shorter and had less werehog parts, which would definitely be a positive, but still....
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    pause422 said:
    "Willy105 said:
    "atejas said:
    Who here at GB would want to torture themselves through another Sonic trainwreck? A Werehog? Really? grats. I heard the only reason the WIi version was generally getting better reviews on it is because it was shorter and had less werehog parts, which would definitely be a positive, but still...."
    Didn't it also have a more solid framerate?
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Willy105
    pause422 said:
    "Willy105 said:
    "atejas said:
    Who here at GB would want to torture themselves through another Sonic trainwreck? A Werehog? Really? grats. I heard the only reason the WIi version was generally getting better reviews on it is because it was shorter and had less werehog parts, which would definitely be a positive, but still...."
    We like game journalists because they do that so that WE don't have to! We want to hear their opinion. Their view on things. So that we can be better shoppers!

And besides, there are actually more Warehog stages in the Wii version, but the thing is that they aren't as bad and the Sonic sections are less linear.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Willy105
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "pause422 said:
    "Willy105 said:
    "atejas said:
    Didn't it also have a more solid framerate?"
    That's just because the Wii version is a direct port of the PS2 version. The 360 and PS3 versions were made for the 360 and PS3.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Willy105 said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    That's just because the Wii version is a direct port of the PS2 version. The 360 and PS3 versions were made for the 360 and PS3."
    Still, a more solid framerate is a more solid framerate.
    Well, considering this is the second somewhat well recieved Sonic title on Wii with another on the way, I doubt Sonic will go back to HD this gen again.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#70  Edited By StaticFalconar

Its a small crew, so unless something actually is interesting from the Wii, they are not going to review Barbie's grand adventure on the Wii.

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By neoepoch

Last great Wii game was de Blob, which was a while ago. There are a few downloadable games (Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People and Mega Man 9), but usually the virtual console releases are bad, and like I said, there hasn't been a great, great Wii game since de Blob.

Did Sam and Max Season 1 come after or before? Because other than the framerate issue that games is also pretty good.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72  Edited By Dalai

I'm going to partially agree that the Wii does get a bum rap around here and games like World of Goo, de Blob, and Animal Crossing should've gotten a review... they're either really awesome games or in the case of Animal Crossing, a popular title.  Heck, even Wii Music should've gotten a chance at a 2-star review.  News stories for Wii-related games exist, but not as frequent as 360/PS3 news.  However, the Wii had a pretty slow 2nd half so that certainly plays a part.  Luckily if you hate the Wii coverage, there's a number of other sites to get your Nintendo fix.

I think it's also safe to say that handhelds and PC games also get the short end of the stick so the neglect is not exactly Wii exclusive.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Willy105
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Willy105 said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    That's just because the Wii version is a direct port of the PS2 version. The 360 and PS3 versions were made for the 360 and PS3."
    Still, a more solid framerate is a more solid framerate.
    Well, considering this is the second somewhat well recieved Sonic title on Wii with another on the way, I doubt Sonic will go back to HD this gen again.
    "
    For most developers, quality has very little to do with what system they will make it next. It's going to be sales.

Sonic 06 BOMBED for the HD consoles. Very few were sold. Before the next year was out, the game was already on bargain bins. However, Sonic and the Secret Rings was a success, which is why they are making another exclusive sequel to come out next Spring.

For them to abandon the 360 and PS3 Sonic games, Unleashed must sell as little as Sonic 06 or lower on the 360 and PS3 versions and the Wii version to sell more.

A lot of Sonic fans are buying the 360 version over the Wii version because they were hyped for the 360 version, since they saw the Wii version to be gimped. Although the reviews say the Wii version is better, most Sonic fans already bought the 360 version when it came out.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Willy105
    StaticFalconar said:
    "Its a small crew, so unless something actually is interesting from the Wii, they are not going to review Barbie's grand adventure on the Wii."
    Well.....first of all, that game doesn't exist.

Second of all, Coonana's point is that there ARE interesting games on the Wii.
    Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Stevokenevo
    Willy105 said:
    "StaticFalconar said:
    "Its a small crew, so unless something actually is interesting from the Wii, they are not going to review Barbie's grand adventure on the Wii."
    Well.....first of all, that game doesn't exist.
    I bet by the time you read this message, it will. 

Dalai
    said:
    I think it's also safe to say that handhelds and PC games also get the short end of the stick so the neglect is not exactly Wii exclusive."
    I'm satisfied with the pc coverage.  Kasavin on videos to promote a pc game!  awesome.  But yeah, youre right, why are there no psp whiners on here complaining about the lack of coverage?  o, its because they understand without having to be told about the platform's issues.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#76  Edited By LiquidPrince

When did the Wii ever have " a lot" of games released at once, that DESERVED to be rated?

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Stevokenevo said:
    Dalai said:
    I think it's also safe to say that handhelds and PC games also get the short end of the stick so the neglect is not exactly Wii exclusive."
    I'm satisfied with the pc coverage.  Kasavin on videos to promote a pc game!  awesome.  But yeah, youre right, why are there no psp whiners on here complaining about the lack of coverage?  o, its because they understand without having to be told about the platform's issues."
    Of course, because the PSP is as successful as the Wii.
    Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Stevokenevo

With over 25 million units sold worldwide, it would be callous to say its not popular.

Kersal_Massive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Kersal_Massive

it deserves to be neglected

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Al3xand3r

LBP's features list would only be relevant if the core platforming was fun. It isn't, thus the failure it experiences.

Your De Blob features list is stupid, any single player game and many multi player games can be described in that fashion as most games have you doing the same core things from the start, perhaps with some skill additions by the time you finish them. After you have the core mechanics fun then it's up to the level design and challenges introduced to keep it fun, it's not something you can list in a single line, rather something described in the multitude of raving reviews for the game.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    dcpc10 said:
    LBP:
    -Play through the singleplayer
    -Play the endless amount of other people's levels
    -Create your own levels
    -Play co-op with friends, Leaderboards, etc.
    -The list could go on forever

De Blob
    -You colour a city using a little blob dude (single player only)
    -It looks creative, but how long would it take to get sick of this game?
    Wow. Simplifying de Blob to that is ridiculous, and you are a cockface for doing it.
    What's any less kiddy about building cars than painting a city? Are legos meant for adults? Is JSRF only fun to kids?
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Al3xand3r

You'd win the internet, if you weren't simply wrong on all accounts, except the fact that, as a sane person is expected to, I don't own a PS3 (but have played most of the games I ever bother discussing).

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    dcpc10 said:
    I'm trying to explain that cartoonish looking games are fine, but the gameplay in both of these games is widly different (in a bad way). De Blob got 7.0-8.0 or so on the wii, but I guarantee you if the game was released on the ps3/360/pc (with visual enhancements, along with motion controls) it would be getting 5.0-6.5 scores. As for the lego stuff, what the hell are you talking about?-do you mean the lego VGs or actual legos???-it kinda stupid to compare real life things to something in a video game that could never be possible in real life)"
    Well:
    Legos: Generally meant for kids. Legos are about building things using your own imagination. This is what you do in Banjo Kazooie's Vehicle Creator, one of the main aspects of the game.
    JSRF: A game cherished by adults. You go around spray painting a city. You basically do the same thing in de Blob, but with a platformer base rather than a racing base.

I know people that would say much differently about de Blob. Tons of people are recognizing the games worth, some of which are members of Giant Bomb whose opinions I hold somewhat high in regard. Saying that if it were on other consoles it would score less is just false. It might score more. It's a platformer. There's incredibly few platformers on 360, none of them exemplary. Wii has Mario Galaxy, one of the last words in 3D platforming.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Al3xand3r

if it's more fun to check out other levels and share your own then I guess I'm right about its lacking core platforming you rushed to defend. I'll stick with Garry's Mod if I wanna check out other peoples' creations, even if it doesn't have a fancy interface for that, it's far less limiting in what can be done with it as, it doesn't have to just be a sub-standard platformer undeneath everything else.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    dcpc10 said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "dcpc10 said:
    I'm trying to explain that cartoonish looking games are fine, but the gameplay in both of these games is widly different (in a bad way). De Blob got 7.0-8.0 or so on the wii, but I guarantee you if the game was released on the ps3/360/pc (with visual enhancements, along with motion controls) it would be getting 5.0-6.5 scores. As for the lego stuff, what the hell are you talking about?-do you mean the lego VGs or actual legos???-it kinda stupid to compare real life things to something in a video game that could never be possible in real life)"
    Well:
    Legos: Generally meant for kids. Legos are about building things using your own imagination. This is what you do in Banjo Kazooie's Vehicle Creator, one of the main aspects of the game.
    JSRF: A game cherished by adults. You go around spray painting a city. You basically do the same thing in de Blob, but with a platformer base rather than a racing base.

I know people that would say much differently about de Blob. Tons of people are recognizing the games worth, some of which are members of Giant Bomb whose opinions I hold somewhat high in regard. Saying that if it were on other consoles it would score less is just false. It might score more. It's a platformer. There's incredibly few platformers on 360, none of them exemplary. Wii has Mario Galaxy, one of the last words in 3D platforming.
    "
    I'm not a 360 owner but saying it doesn't have many platformers is...retarded (unless you were comparing LBP, cause in that case, your an idiot, since lbp was released on the ps3, not 360 XD). Have you ever heard of braid? I had more fun with that game at a friend's house then mario galaxy, I still dont see whats so special about mario galaxy, its just another 3D Platformer except for the casuals. I'll stick with Super Mario 64 imo. If your really into platformers like mario, then i undertstand why you'd like it so much, but I'm not into those kinds of games-with the excepton of SM64. I like 2D platformers like LBP, Braid, the old-school classics, etc. It depends on your personal preference and by saying....
    I know people that would say much differently about de Blob. Tons of people are recognizing the games worth, some of which are members of Giant Bomb whose opinions I hold somewhat high in regard. Saying that if it were on other consoles it would score less is just false.
    "

your full of crap dude.
    "
    I thought general consensus kept Braid at the "puzzle" realm. Saying it's a platformer is a misconception driven by Soulja Boy and has been attempted to correct by the video review of the game from the site at which you are posting. Besides, let's look at all these games that we've mentioned.

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
    Braid
    Super Mario Galaxy
    LittleBigPlanet
    de Blob

None of these games focus on the same thing! de Blob is about using a city as a canvas, Braid is about manipulating the world through time travel, Banjo Kazooie is about making vehicles and completing levels with them, LBP is about creating levels and sharing them with others, and Galaxy is about using gravity to navigate through levels. None of their focus is the same. I really don't know what to say about the first sentence you posted, before "Have you ever heard of Braid?" I'm gonna copy/paste that and bring it to others to try and see what you mean, because I can't figure it out. But, like you said, it's all about personal taste. So, let me ask you . . .

WHY HAVE YOU SPENT THREE POSTS ATTACKING MY TASTES, ASSHOLE?
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Otacon

It's a case of the less to cover, the less covered.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Al3xand3r

But "your" all "full of crap" dudes.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Al3xand3r said:
    "But "your" all "full of crap" dudes."
    You're.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    LiquidPrince said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    You're.

"
    You missed the earlier post by the guy with the Heavy Weapons avatar.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#90  Edited By Dalai

Ark played the Soulja Boy card... I think that clinches it.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By LiquidPrince
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    You're.

"
    You missed the earlier post by the guy with the Heavy Weapons avatar."

Hmm?

Tomzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Tomzombie

the Nintendo has gone the casual game route thought they get a lot of money i don't want to play there system and there is no strong line up of games really for the wii yes i know i am using my own rant about it but it happens to be true.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By coakroach
    License_To_Bill said:
    "If something happened with the Wii that mattered"
    *head explodes*
    KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#94  Edited By KamasamaK
    Stevokenevo said:
    "With over 25 million units sold worldwide, it would be callous to say its not popular."
    It would be more accurate to say about 41 million, which is around the same as the Wii. Though, the issue here seems to be software popularity, not hardware.

LiquidPrince said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "LiquidPrince said:
    "Al3xand3r said:
    You're.

"
    You missed the earlier post by the guy with the Heavy Weapons avatar."

Hmm?

"
    He's just pointing out that you didn't correct the other guy for making the same mistake.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Al3xand3r

No, he's pointing out my post was being cheeky, imitating the guy who made "the same mistake" hence the use of quotes in my comment. What, did you guys think I just like throwing ""s around? Anyway, just thought it's funny when he asked me to back up my claims when all he had to back up his argument against others was that line I imitated.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#96  Edited By KamasamaK
    Al3xand3r said:
    "No, he's pointing out my post was being cheeky, imitating the guy who made "the same mistake" hence the use of quotes in my comment. What, did you guys think I just like throwing ""s around? Anyway, just thought it's funny when he asked me to back up my claims when all he had to back up his argument against others was that line I imitated."
    Eh? I think you misunderstood what I said.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    dcpc10 said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "dcpc10 said:
    "Arkthemaniac said:
    "dcpc10 said:
    Well:

"
    I'm not a 360 owner but saying it doesn't have many platformers is...retarded (unless you were comparing LBP, cause in that case, your an idiot, since lbp was released on the ps3, not 360 XD). Have you ever heard of braid? I had more fun with that game at a friend's house then mario galaxy, I still dont see whats so special about mario galaxy, its just another 3D Platformer except for the casuals. I'll stick with Super Mario 64 imo. If your really into platformers like mario, then i undertstand why you'd like it so much, but I'm not into those kinds of games-with the excepton of SM64. I like 2D platformers like LBP, Braid, the old-school classics, etc. It depends on your personal preference and by saying....
    I know people that would say much differently about de Blob. Tons of people are recognizing the games worth, some of which are members of Giant Bomb whose opinions I hold somewhat high in regard. Saying that if it were on other consoles it would score less is just false.
    "

your full of crap dude.
    "
    I thought general consensus kept Braid at the "puzzle" realm. Saying it's a platformer is a misconception driven by Soulja Boy and has been attempted to correct by the video review of the game from the site at which you are posting. Besides, let's look at all these games that we've mentioned.

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
    Braid
    Super Mario Galaxy
    LittleBigPlanet
    de Blob

None of these games focus on the same thing! de Blob is about using a city as a canvas, Braid is about manipulating the world through time travel, Banjo Kazooie is about making vehicles and completing levels with them, LBP is about creating levels and sharing them with others, and Galaxy is about using gravity to navigate through levels. None of their focus is the same. I really don't know what to say about the first sentence you posted, before "Have you ever heard of Braid?" I'm gonna copy/paste that and bring it to others to try and see what you mean, because I can't figure it out. But, like you said, it's all about personal taste. So, let me ask you . . .

WHY HAVE YOU SPENT THREE POSTS ATTACKING MY TASTES, ASSHOLE?
    "
    caption

I really dont know what else to say....

"
    Good. Then let it be.
    So, 2009 will make way for more Wii coverage, as Nintendo is pushing a lot of core titles for the system. There are also more third party games of interest coming. Can we agree on that?
    Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#98  Edited By Milkman

I haven't seen many Wii games that are worth covering in the past year.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Al3xand3r

That's the point of this thread, that there's no coverage, lulz.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#100  Edited By atejas
    Milkman said:
    haven't seen many Wii games that are worth covering
    Al3xand3r said:
    there's no coverage

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.