Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Little King's Story TGS Trailer

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

Note the "Carefree Adult" class, heh. The game looks pretty sweet :)

Update: You can always view more videos here. The game has the following reviews so far.

92% NGamer
    91% GamesMaster
    9/10 EDGE
    8/10 GamesTM

Here's its metacritic page. It doesn't have all of them yet. It seems we have another Wii gem in our hands (lol wut? no gaems dood). Sweet.
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Woot. I've been waiting for this game for what seems like forever. So stoked.

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Earthbounder

It can't get any better than this. The game looks amazing and it has a lot of depth based on the video I am looking forward to hands-on impressions! December is going to be great!

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By brukaoru

Wow, the water color-esque art style is really neat! Very nice.

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Earthbounder

Yeah the art style is awesome especially on the cutscenes! This game has a lot of personality!

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

TGS presentation video, it starts with the same trailer then explains more things and shows some gameplay too.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Did anyone else feel that the part at 1:43 seemed like it would fit in a Nazi propaganda ad?

"Demolish anything that prevents you from uniting the world." Like the jews? Anyways, good vid, and I'm excited for this doodad here.
    Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Earthbounder

The December release date is gone! Now it will only be released in January.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Willy105

About time an RTS came to the Wii. The Wii is more suitable for an RTS than any other console because of the pointer, after all.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Black_Rose

Wow this game looks fantastic, i remember when it was first announced. Seems like forever ago.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r
    You can always view more videos here. The game has the following reviews so far.

92% NGamer
    91% GamesMaster
    9/10 EDGE
    8/10 GamesTM

Here's its metacritic page. It doesn't have all of them yet. It seems we have yet another Wii gem in our hands (lol wut? no gaems dood). Sweet.
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Endogene

Wow, havn't been paying too much attention to the game so those scores really come as a huge surprise. Eager to try it out.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

I had almost forgotten about the game too, NeoGAF reminded me in this grand manner. I thought it was set for June in the US and later for EU but it seems it's THIS MONTH for us, and June for you! Yay!

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Al3xand3r

The Edge review is now online. I'm not sure if it's complete or just a portion of the full magazine review, it's certainly very short and doesn't explain all that much considering it's rating is that of an AAA title.

"Little King’s Story is as rich as it is long, and it’s a very lengthy game indeed. Its central mechanic is unique, its world unlike any other, and its completion a Herculean task. It’s a game of rare quality, and exactly what the Wii deserves. It’s a true original."

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#15  Edited By Meowayne

I just read that it's made by the "Hotel Dusk" guys. I didn't know that.

So this means Excitebots the coming week, and LKS the week after? Nice.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r

And Punch-Out next month along the likes of Motion Plused Grand Slam Tennis/Virtua Tennis, Tiger Woods, and later The Conduit.

teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By teptom

I been looking forward to this game for months. It looks amazing.  Can't wait to actually play it.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks

I will be getting this for sure.

fr0sterson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By fr0sterson

Yeah, this looks great! This in conjunction with The Conduit give me new hope for 3rd party Wii games.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Al3xand3r

I'm broke but hopefully getting a new job soon to start buying some of these... All I play nowadays is the stuff I get on my Steam account... Still, even if the interview works out it will be a while until I have an income I can use x_x

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Meowayne

Does anybody else have it? It's absolutely beautiful, can't wait to continue my reign today. I didn't play any Pikmin games, but this really seems very much like these - Plus Harvest Moon. Plus "The Settlers". Plus Terry Pratchett.

My gf is very much put off by the cutesy art style and sound effects (the orchestrated music rocks), but you very quickly realize that this game is highly cynical and surprisingly well thought-out.

I wish there was more material on youtube. Maybe I should do a little presentation.

vaultboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By vaultboy

It's out now!? I'm going to have to pick it up, it looks great. I also love the Don Quixote look of the knight.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Lots of reviews are up now, all with top marks. I was surprised as it's not a title with powerful promotions and hype, it's rather low profile. Great!
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Meowayne

I lost 8 citizens on day seven. : ( My battle skills suck very much so far, and many people hate me.

But I will see to it that my people start breeding soon. 

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Meowayne
    VaultBoy said:
    "It's out now!?"
    It was released friday in PAL terretories. Let's hope it gets some deserved attention from the big sites when it's coming stateside next month.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By oldschool

Oh man, I don't want to spend $80 Au on a game, but this is really calling out for me.  This should BE THE GAME for me.  I am struggling with my sanity n waiting for a promotional price.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Al3xand3r

The awesome GAF thread. Maybe someone should just steal all of it and copy paste it in a thread here :P

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Meowayne

I will at least copy the review-quote section.

NGamer UK 9.2

Quote:
    Whether observing these strange characters or listening to the laugh-out-loud-funny turns of phrase (disgusted letters from citizens about your many wives, for example), this is one of the funniest games on Wii. But that's just one tiny part of a game with a whole lotta love poured in. It has meaty gameplay that you can tear away in belly-filling chunks. It has a musical score that makes your journey across Alpoko into a literal trip through the works of Beethoven, Strauss and Rossini. It has charm and challenge in equal measure.

But most of all, when everyone else is mucking around in blood and guts, Little King's Story has the tenacity to be an actual game you can play and play and play. The first true essential of 2009, this little king towers above the competition.

Official Nintendo Magazine UK 92
    Quote:
    We could go on for another four pages about all the genius little touches that Marvelous have crammed into the game. There is just so much to enjoy here. It's so refreshing to see a game that's not afraid to offer gamers a whopping Zelda-length quest wrapped in the sort of charm, wit and inventiveness rarely seen outside of a first party title. MadWorld and GTA might be great games, and are certainly more adult, but Little King's Story will be the one that reminds you why you fell in love with Nintendo gaming.

IGN AU 9.1
    Quote:
    It's compelling and complex, deep and rewarding, surprising and above all entertaining. There are few other games on the Wii that can really share that much praise in a single sentence, so that's an achievement unto itself. It does have drawbacks – for all the polish, Little King's Story still has occasional gameplay quirks and shortcomings. But my god man – this is fine gaming. Ignore the box art , look past the cutesy presentation – Little King's Story is an enormous tale wholeheartedly worth exploring.

Games Master UK 91
    Quote:
    Funny, charming and a real meaty challenge, there's nothing else like it on Wii. [May 2009, p.81]

Edge Magazine 9
    Quote:
    Perhaps the game’s greatest achievement, however, is a constant focus on you, the player, delicately changing the world as your kingdom expands. Every moment feels like it’s been lavished with attention; Little King’s Story is as rich as it is long, and it’s a very lengthy game indeed. Its central mechanic is unique, its world unlike any other, and its completion a Herculean task. It’s a game of rare quality, and exactly what the Wii deserves. It’s a true original.

Nintendo Life 9
    Quote:
    Little King’s Story is a gem in the Wii’s catalogue; full of charm, style and addictive gameplay, it deserves to sell much more than New Play Control! Pikmin 2, coincidentally released on the same day. With a fantastic script and localisation, greater variety in the tasks involved and dozens of moments that will bring a beaming smile to your face, Little King’s Story outdoes Miyamoto’s garden game on every level. The King is dead – long live the King!

Telegraph.co.uk 9
    Quote:
    Little King’s Story is an intelligent, charming and utterly addictive video game. But its crowning achievement is its unerring dedication to its own imagination. CiNG throw ideas at it from every angle and nearly every single one sticks. The result is a delightfully crafted adventure, that will pull you into its magnificent fantasy world and refuse to let go. In an industry sometimes too reliant on following the leader, it’s a game that treads its own path with complete confidence in itself. And that is truly regal.

3DJuegos 9 (Spanish)
    Quote:
    Cing crowns Wii users as kings in a game which gathers the best of Miyamoto's Pikmin. Both strategic expert gamers and non-strategic expert gamers will enjoy a life simulator based on the experiences of the Harvest Moon's creator. If you are a Wii owner, then you can't miss Little King's Story.

games(TM) 8
    Quote:
    With both its addictive, rewarding gameplay and the wealth of imagination that's been poured into the presentation, it's incredibly difficult to stop playing Little King's Story. [May 2009, p.112]

Eurogamer 8
    Quote:
    Little King's Story is not the best game you'll ever play. It's repetitive, it's lacking in depth and it can feel slow and frustrating at times. Plus it's got some dodgy politics and a rubbish save system. But it's the best game I've played all year, and that includes Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad. It's charming, engrossing and just plain fun. It's proof that Wii games don't have to be mediocre mini-game compilations or first-party Nintendo titles. It's a reason to be glad companies like Rising Star still exist, and that they're still making games like this. And it's got nice graphics. What are you waiting for?

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Meowayne
    "The lady has been playing for over three hours straight now.

Edit:
    She's still playing.

.____.

Edit edit: She ended up playing a little over six hours straight.

Two new reviews:

Everyeye.it:  Little King's Story is, simply, a masterpiece.  (95/100)
    Vandal online: This Cing masterpiece has become one of the best strategy games ever to have been released on a console, and one indispensable Wii title. (94/100)

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By Gmanall

Hmmm Looks kinda good, I may have misjudged it before.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Meowayne

First ten minutes of the game, for those interested:

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Al3xand3r

Pretty fucking awesome presentation. Just got a great deal on MadWorld and De Blob, would have bought this but it wasn't in stock here yet...

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Meowayne
    100/100
    D+PAD Magazine
    Little King’s Story is a game of stunning breadth, imagination and slickly implemented design, and filled with an envious degree of heart and soul.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.