Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

My Life As A King--worth it?

Patchinko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Patchinko

Going to throw this out there because asking it in the article won't get as wide an audience:

Is the WiiWare title My Life As A King worth getting? I've been strongly considering it because I like city-building games, and I like Final Fantasy games, and the reviews I've read, including those on this site, make it sound like the type of game I'd like. But they also make it sound like it doesn't have a lot of lasting value.

Anyone who's played it, I'm wondering what you think of the value? The full package is $31, not too expensive, but it's got to offer a lot at that price to be worth downloading. Is it something I'll keep coming back to time and again to play through?

Guess I'm just looking for some impressions. Thanks!

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By KindGalaxy

Not really, it's a very shallow experience. I bought the main game and the extra races, still haven't finished the game and feel like I wasted my money. Lost Wind was a much more enjoyable experience for the money spent.

Edit: I'm same as you, love city-building, this was more block-placement.

TheDudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheDudge

I think that the game offers a lots for the money, especially with all of the downloadable content. It has also got some replay value with the new game+ that means that many hours of playing and enjoyment will come your way with this game.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By OGCartman

Looks kinda bad, might try it thou

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I like it, but it's a very streamlined city-building experience. Very simple and shallow, but can still be really addicting.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Dark_Link142

It's pretty good. It's fairly addicting, but a bit too simple for it's own good. Still, it has it's moments and can be a lot of fun. I've heard better things about LostWinds though...

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By SSbabel

Needs more depth.

kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By kenzo287

The game itself yes, the dlc well that's a matter of personal preference. Do you want to be a pirate king or not? I chose yes and got another 15 bucks worth of dlc and im pretty happy with it

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I think it's worth it, but my older brother paid for the extra content so I can't say that wholeheartedly. But, it is the best WiiWare game out thus far.

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Earthbounder

It is good but you will spend a lot more since there is lots of downloadable content.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dark_Link142

Yeah. I bought the title and then with the remaining 500 points, I decided to get some downloadable content (more houses and more buildings). I'm not getting anything else though.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Wait for Little King's Story/Project O. That's a similar but way better looking game. And by look, I don't mean the graphics, although they aren't bad. The gameplay should be a lot deeper. I bought MLAAK and I haven't gone back to it since the first day. And I bought all the DLC on the first day too. I feel sort of ripped, but I know I'll go back to it eventually...

RowdyRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By RowdyRob

If you have the spare points lying around, then why not?

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Earthbounder
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    "Wait for Little King's Story/Project O. That's a similar but way better looking game. And by look, I don't mean the graphics, although they aren't bad. The gameplay should be a lot deeper. I bought MLAAK and I haven't gone back to it since the first day. And I bought all the DLC on the first day too. I feel sort of ripped, but I know I'll go back to it eventually...
    "

I agree with him! Little King`s Story has a similar gameplay but it will be much deeper and longer, and you won`t have to pay for additional content. So I think you should wait for it!
    Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dark_Link142
    Earthbounder said:
    "MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    "Wait for Little King's Story/Project O. That's a similar but way better looking game. And by look, I don't mean the graphics, although they aren't bad. The gameplay should be a lot deeper. I bought MLAAK and I haven't gone back to it since the first day. And I bought all the DLC on the first day too. I feel sort of ripped, but I know I'll go back to it eventually...
    "

I agree with him! Little King`s Story has a similar gameplay but it will be much deeper and longer, and you won`t have to pay for additional content. So I think you should wait for it!"
    That's true. Liitle Kign's story seems like it has much more depth. It reminds me a little of Warcraft, for some reason. It must be the artstyle.

Additional content may be included. Apparently there will be downloadable content in LKS. But we have no info on it yet.
    Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Earthbounder
    Dark_Link142 said:
    "Earthbounder said:
    "

I agree with him! Little King`s Story has a similar gameplay but it will be much deeper and longer, and you won`t have to pay for additional content. So I think you should wait for it!"
    That's true. Liitle Kign's story seems like it has much more depth. It reminds me a little of Warcraft, for some reason. It must be the artstyle.

Additional content may be included. Apparently there will be downloadable content in LKS. But we have no info on it yet."
    Is that true? I had never heard about DLC for Little King`s Story!
    Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dark_Link142
    Earthbounder said:
    "Dark_Link142 said:
    "Earthbounder said:
    "

Additional content may be included. Apparently there will be downloadable content in LKS. But we have no info on it yet."
    Is that true? I had never heard about DLC for Little King`s Story!"
    I'm not sure if it's completely official so I'm not sure.

But I do know that the staff list for LKS is epic:
    Executive Producer: Yasuhiro Wada (Harvest Moon)
    Producer: Yoshirou Kimura (Harvest Moon, Chulip)
    Character Design: Hideo Minaba (Final Fantasy XII)
    Monster Design: Kazuyuki Kurashima (Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
    Game Design: Norikazu Yasunaga (World Neverland)
    Director: Youichi Kawaguchi (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
    Composer: Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts series, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
    Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Earthbounder

Yeah, that is a very good group of developers with experience on big games!

RowdyRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By RowdyRob
    Dark_Link142 said:
    "Earthbounder said:
    "Dark_Link142 said:
    "Earthbounder said:
    "

Is that true? I had never heard about DLC for Little King`s Story!"
    I'm not sure if it's completely official so I'm not sure.

But I do know that the staff list for LKS is epic:
    Executive Producer: Yasuhiro Wada (Harvest Moon)
    Producer: Yoshirou Kimura (Harvest Moon, Chulip)
    Character Design: Hideo Minaba (Final Fantasy XII)
    Monster Design: Kazuyuki Kurashima (Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
    Game Design: Norikazu Yasunaga (World Neverland)
    Director: Youichi Kawaguchi (Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King)
    Composer: Yoko Shimomura (Kingdom Hearts series, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
    "
    =O
    My hype and anticipation for this game just reached a new level!
    Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Little King's Story is going to be awesome. I was ready for this game so long ago, and my excitement was really high, then I watched videos on it and it went even higher....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.