Follow

    Wii

    Platform »

    The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

    Nintendo Let me down

    • 72 results
    • 1
    • 2
    Avatar image for optimusprime
    OptimusPrime

    102

    Forum Posts

    92

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 4

    User Lists: 3

    #1  Edited By OptimusPrime

    I once was a fan of Nintendo, and then I actually tried to play my Wii last night.  Let me start by saying there is nothing out to buy, I found myself playing Wii sports for an hour.  How pathetic is that.  I went to check amazon a few minutes ago and one of the newest titles out is FreddiFish....Really Nintendo? FreddiFish?  I'm sure that's great for kids but come on, what about your hardcore fans.  I'm sure everyone has this problem but it can't be complained about enough,  WHY IS THE INTERNET ATTROCIOUS ON THE WII?!  I can't even connect most of the time, It passes the connection tests but then won't connect to the store.  So i try a wired connection, BTW, Why USB? ethernet works just fine Nintendo!!  So I had to dig up a USB to modem cable, plugged it in, and guess what, it doesnt even recognize it.  What were they thinking!!?!??!  It's either wireless or no internet at all.  Once I did get online for a brief moment, I bought a game (Ice Climber if you must know), but during the download it signed me out, and I couldn't get back online for another two hours, to finish the download.  At this point I gave up, Played Ice Climber, and Back in the closet my Wii went.  I am finding it real hard to see reason for keeping this pile of crap for a console.  NINTENDO, WHY HAVE YOU BETRAYED US!!!???!!!

    Avatar image for thelastguy
    thelastguy

    366

    Forum Posts

    1188

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #2  Edited By thelastguy

    It looks like I will not buy a Wii anytime soon.  I was going to get one before E3, but it looks like I made the right decision.

    Avatar image for shocker
    Shocker

    2324

    Forum Posts

    2001

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 2

    #3  Edited By Shocker

    What's wrong with FreddiFish? lol but yeah hopefully the Wii gets some more good games out soon.

    Avatar image for dorianblack
    DorianBlack

    320

    Forum Posts

    69

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 2

    #4  Edited By DorianBlack

    FreddiFish is an awesome PC game from the 90's and don't you ever forget it. But yeah I agree that the Wii is a little scarce on the games worth buying front. I've been almost buying one then deciding not to for the past 2 years, still have never gone through with it. I just don't think I would ever use it and it has no games that interest me. Sure Mario Galaxy looks cool and I'm sure theres some Zelda game in the works  but I put that baby to bed a long time ago, I need more than Mario and Link to justify buying a console.  The sad thing is as long as people keep buying shovelware crap and they keep getting older audiences  Nintendo and their fat pockets couldn't care less. On a side note, I think the DS is pretty decent so theres that.

    Avatar image for bigboss1911
    BigBoss1911

    2956

    Forum Posts

    488

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 3

    User Lists: 3

    #5  Edited By BigBoss1911

    But what about the Wii Sports!!!11

    Avatar image for metalrocker
    MetalRocker

    60

    Forum Posts

    2

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #6  Edited By MetalRocker

    Every hardcore gamer that I know who owns a Wii is guaranteed to own another system because it is not a system for hardcore gamers, it's a casual tool to pick up everynow and then.

    Avatar image for arkthemaniac
    Arkthemaniac

    6872

    Forum Posts

    315

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 10

    User Lists: 0

    #7  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    MetalRocker said:
    "Every hardcore gamer that I know who owns a Wii is guaranteed to own another system because it is not a system for hardcore gamers, it's a casual tool to pick up everynow and then.
    "
    I play my Wii alot more than my Xbox, actually. If you can't find games, you aren't looking, or have played all of them to death. For your online issues, you need to get a LAN Adapter from Nintendo. It's 20 bucks or so. If you're looking for hardcore games, may I suggest getting Wario Land when it comes out? Old school platforming is about as hardcore as it gets.
    Avatar image for kloreep
    Kloreep

    147

    Forum Posts

    293

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #8  Edited By Kloreep

    Strange, I've had no trouble with a Wi-Fi internet connection with my Wii.

    Arkthemaniac said:

    If you can't find games, you aren't looking, or have played all of them to death.
    "
    Quite true. I can understand the boredom of those who bought a Wii a while ago - played them all to death, as you say. But as a recent Wii owner I still have Okami and Zack & Wiki to play, as well as some SSBB and Boom Blox for regular entertainment on the side. I still have Galaxy, Twilight, and Prime 3 to get & play, and I'm considering No More Heroes and Super Paper Mario as well. Depending on what games you've played on other consoles, RE4 Wii and Bully Wii may be good purchases, and similarly, there's good stuff on the VC like Super Metroid (still have to play that one) and Ocarina of Time.

    No, the Wii's library can't compare to the 360's quantity. But that's not to say the Wii doesn't have a share of good games that should appeal to a "core" gamer.

    Honestly, I'm not sure why people talk of Nintendo being the problem. As far as I can see they're working both sides of the fence, and I'm not sure how the Wii release schedule is so much worse than the Gamecube's dribble of content. The problem, as I see it, is the third parties who refuse to supplement Nintendo; were it not for a few exceptions like Zack & Wiki or No More Heroes, Nintendo would be truly alone in providing non-casual games.
    Avatar image for driam
    Driam

    211

    Forum Posts

    317

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #9  Edited By Driam

    I have to agree completely, because we all know that games such as

    Resident evil 4
    Mario galaxy
    Prime 3: Corruption
    Excite truck
    Boom Blox
    No more heroes
    Mario strikers
    Mario kart wii
    Bully
    Umbrella chronicles
    Twilight princess
    Star trek conquest
    Paper mario
    Brawl
    GH3
    WarioWare
    and Splinter cell: Double agent are all pieces of shiet.

    Seriously dude, come back when you've played all of those and we'll talk. And it's not Nintendo's fault that your wi-fi is crap.

    Avatar image for thomasp
    ThomasP

    1665

    Forum Posts

    145

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 5

    #10  Edited By ThomasP
    Arkthemaniac said:

    "MetalRocker said:

    "Every hardcore gamer that I know who owns a Wii is guaranteed to own another system because it is not a system for hardcore gamers, it's a casual tool to pick up everynow and then.
    "

    I play my Wii alot more than my Xbox, actually. If you can't find games, you aren't looking, or have played all of them to death. For your online issues, you need to get a LAN Adapter from Nintendo. It's 20 bucks or so. If you're looking for hardcore games, may I suggest getting Wario Land when it comes out? Old school platforming is about as hardcore as it gets.
    "
    Yeah, I only own Nintendo consoles. The Wii and DS. Those together will provide you with limitless hardcore gaming experiences. If not fully satisfied play some PC. The rant is not based on substance. Well, the online could be better.
    Avatar image for twilit_igniter42
    Twilit_Igniter42

    70

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #11  Edited By Twilit_Igniter42

    I must courteously disagree with your subject.  I think you let yourself be letdown by Nintendo.  Right out of the gate (actually, an entire year before the Wii was launched), Nintendo pretty much said they conceding the graphics and processing war.  They said from the start their main goal was to reach non-gamers (namely, women and senior citizens).  Its a pretty obvious fact the Wii is targeting the casual gamer - hence the lack of "hardcore" games.

    Nintendo also pretty much shunned the Wii's internet right from the get go.  Now, I grant you and I agree that online play is a pretty important feature in modern gaming, but If Nintendo don't appear to give that much of a crap about thier system's online capabilities, can you expect it to rival XBox Live?

    Here's something else to ponder.  That "pile of crap for a console" is making Big N oodles and oodles of sponduli.  With the profits they are making on each system, plus the software, they have more a cushion to take losses in order to keep the next-gen's system's price low if they decided to push the technological envelope. 

    Just this casual gamer's 2 cents.

    Avatar image for clarke0
    clarke0

    1082

    Forum Posts

    1622

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #12  Edited By clarke0

    I am also pretty disappointed with the Wii's game line-up. Other than No More Heroes and Zack and Wiki there aren't any third-party games that I care about. The online experience on the Wii is really lacking and I don't think it is excusable considering Nintendo says they still care about the "core" audience.

    Avatar image for black_rose
    Black_Rose

    7771

    Forum Posts

    3100

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 18

    User Lists: 8

    #13  Edited By Black_Rose
    I'm fucking tired of these "Nintedo Betrayed me" bah bah!! The wii has a great lineup and if you don't like it's games then fucking sell it and buy another thing

    Avatar image for arkthemaniac
    Arkthemaniac

    6872

    Forum Posts

    315

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 10

    User Lists: 0

    #14  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Black_Rose said:
    "I'm fucking tired of these "Nintedo Betrayed me" bah bah!! The wii has a great lineup and if you don't like it's games then fucking sell it and buy another thing

    "
    This guy is teh truth.
    Avatar image for vaultboy
    VaultBoy

    209

    Forum Posts

    897

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 1

    #15  Edited By VaultBoy
    OptimusPrime said:
    "I'm sure everyone has this problem but it can't be complained about enough,  WHY IS THE INTERNET ATTROCIOUS ON THE WII?!  I can't even connect most of the time, It passes the connection tests but then won't connect to the store."
    It's probably just the port you're using.  Change your router's port (you may have to re-setup the Wii settings) and you should notice a difference.  It's not exactly a common problem, but a few people (including myself) had connection issues.
    Avatar image for neoepoch
    neoepoch

    1317

    Forum Posts

    13

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 2

    #16  Edited By neoepoch

    Hey, Freddy Fish is a classic Humongous Entertainment PC adventure game that was set up for kids. It actually put emphasis on games instead educational crap (minus the learning company) that a lot of kids games have nowadays. So instead of bashing the game before you even play it, you should learn a bit about it first. That game was one of my first entries into adventure games (which really need a revival) and I love it. It will probably be one of the first games I let my kids play....you know I should go back and play it.

    Avatar image for homer
    Homer

    1366

    Forum Posts

    1

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #17  Edited By Homer

    FreddiFish is awesome lol. Especially #2.

    Avatar image for clarke0
    clarke0

    1082

    Forum Posts

    1622

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #18  Edited By clarke0
    Black_Rose said:
    "I'm fucking tired of these "Nintedo Betrayed me" bah bah!! The wii has a great lineup and if you don't like it's games then fucking sell it and buy another thing

    "
    The Wii has a "great lineup"? Capcom and EA seem to be the only third party's that seem to be supporting the Wii; most the rest of the games are just PS2 ports or straight up shovelware. Nintendo has released some quality titles, but the only exciting title they announced at this year's E3 was Animal Crossing: City Folk. Compared to the Xbox 360 or the PS3 the Wii has a very weak library of quality games. If you really think the Wii has a great lineup you must be avoiding other systems like the plauge and don't know what your missing, or are just flat out delusional. I think the reason the OP and I have been dissapointed is because we like Nintendo and expect better from them.
    Avatar image for cube
    Cube

    4410

    Forum Posts

    1646

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 9

    User Lists: 5

    #19  Edited By Cube

    Thanks guys for telling me what that game was called (Freddi Fish). I played it all the time as a wee lad.

    I've been trying to remember for about 8 years.

    Avatar image for kenzo287
    kenzo287

    798

    Forum Posts

    718

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 5

    User Lists: 6

    #20  Edited By kenzo287
    Driam said:
    "I have to agree completely, because we all know that games such as

    Resident evil 4
    Mario galaxy
    Prime 3: Corruption
    Excite truck
    Boom Blox
    No more heroes
    Mario strikers
    Mario kart wii
    Bully
    Umbrella chronicles
    Twilight princess
    Star trek conquest
    Paper mario
    Brawl
    GH3
    WarioWare
    and Splinter cell: Double agent are all pieces of shiet.

    Seriously dude, come back when you've played all of those and we'll talk. And it's not Nintendo's fault that your wi-fi is crap.
    "
    i agree with this except for the parts on star trek and umbrella chronicles and splinter cell but thats my opinion
    Avatar image for arkthemaniac
    Arkthemaniac

    6872

    Forum Posts

    315

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 10

    User Lists: 0

    #21  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Cube said:
    "Thanks guys for telling me what that game was called (Freddi Fish). I played it all the time as a wee lad.

    I've been trying to remember for about 8 years.
    "
    Yay, this thread has purpose now instead of being completely meaningless!
    Avatar image for ssbabel
    SSbabel

    1216

    Forum Posts

    7596

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 1

    User Lists: 8

    #22  Edited By SSbabel
    Driam said:
    "I have to agree completely, because we all know that games such as

    Resident evil 4
    Mario galaxy
    Prime 3: Corruption
    Excite truck
    Boom Blox
    No more heroes
    Mario strikers
    Mario kart wii
    Bully
    Umbrella chronicles
    Twilight princess
    Star trek conquest
    Paper mario
    Brawl
    GH3
    WarioWare
    and Splinter cell: Double agent are all pieces of shiet.

    Seriously dude, come back when you've played all of those and we'll talk. And it's not Nintendo's fault that your wi-fi is crap.
    "

    Nicely said.
    Avatar image for rowr
    Rowr

    5861

    Forum Posts

    249

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 2

    User Lists: 3

    #23  Edited By Rowr

    Nintendo is just the same as it always was. Its Nintendos audience that changed. Most of them grew up.

    Avatar image for cube
    Cube

    4410

    Forum Posts

    1646

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 9

    User Lists: 5

    #24  Edited By Cube
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "Cube said:
    "Thanks guys for telling me what that game was called (Freddi Fish). I played it all the time as a wee lad.

    I've been trying to remember for about 8 years.
    "
    Yay, this thread has purpose now instead of being completely meaningless!
    "
    What's one mans trash is anothers treasure.
    Avatar image for oldschool
    oldschool

    7641

    Forum Posts

    60

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 10

    #25  Edited By oldschool

    Yes, the internet is littered with threads stating opinion about the lack of Wii games as if it is fact. The anti-Nintendo sentiment seems so much greater and sharing a direct relationship to its success.

    Think about how many games you buy a year. I am on the high end of purchasing and buy about 3 games a month average. Most people would be at 1 to 2 because of the cost. Assuming you have more than one console (PC, Wii, 360, PS2, PS3, DS & PSP to choose from), just how is it that you can complain about a lack of games. More, most people are likely to have greater desires than their income can provide.

    The reality is there is no drought. There is no lack of choice. There is just own tastes and an exaggerated view of reality. The Wii has been out for 20 months and my collection is 33 games (I managed to accumulate 110 Cube games over its 60 odd months).

    I am about to take possession of a PS3 as a work bonus (free) and I have been looking at the catalogue of games to see what might interest me. Guess what? That black beast is going to collect a lot of dust. My list of games worth buying stops with Disgaea and Oblivion. That’s it. It isn’t that it hasn’t got any other good games, it is just that none of those interest me. So clearly I could start a similar thread about the PS3, but what would the point be.

    So, I ill continue to enjoy playing my 33 Wii games and wait excitedly for what I know is coming - Harvest Moon, Tales of Symphonia and Animal Crossing. I also sit relaxed knowing that a great many more will follow it.

    Avatar image for etherealslayer
    EtherealSlayer

    98

    Forum Posts

    1373

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 6

    #26  Edited By EtherealSlayer
    Driam said:
    "I have to agree completely, because we all know that games such as

    Resident evil 4
    Mario galaxy
    Prime 3: Corruption
    Excite truck
    Boom Blox
    No more heroes
    Mario strikers
    Mario kart wii
    Bully
    Umbrella chronicles
    Twilight princess
    Star trek conquest
    Paper mario
    Brawl
    GH3
    WarioWare
    and Splinter cell: Double agent are all pieces of shiet.

    Seriously dude, come back when you've played all of those and we'll talk. And it's not Nintendo's fault that your wi-fi is crap.
    "
    Dude, Star Trek Conquest is a piece of "shiet".
    Avatar image for atejas
    atejas

    3151

    Forum Posts

    215

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 2

    User Lists: 1

    #27  Edited By atejas
    Black_Rose said:
    "I'm fucking tired of these "Nintedo Betrayed me" bah bah!! The wii has a great lineup and if you don't like it's games then fucking sell it and buy another thing

    "

    i know. allow me to refute your nintendo betrayed you argument, butthurt fanboy
    1- Nintendo never cared about you! they go where the money goes. It's a smart business decision. dont like it? buy another console
    2-one bad e3. get over yourself, there are still plenty of good games out(NMH, SMG, TP, Brawl)
    3-they're making a new fucking zelda! what more could a nintendo fan ask for?
    Avatar image for black_rose
    Black_Rose

    7771

    Forum Posts

    3100

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 18

    User Lists: 8

    #28  Edited By Black_Rose
    clarke0 said:
    "The Wii has a "great lineup"? Capcom and EA seem to be the only third party's that seem to be supporting the Wii; most the rest of the games are just PS2 ports or straight up shovelware. Nintendo has released some quality titles, but the only exciting title they announced at this year's E3 was Animal Crossing: City Folk. Compared to the Xbox 360 or the PS3 the Wii has a very weak library of quality games. If you really think the Wii has a great lineup you must be avoiding other systems like the plauge and don't know what your missing, or are just flat out delusional. I think the reason the OP and I have been dissapointed is because we like Nintendo and expect better from them.
    "
    If you can't see it for yourself then i won't even bother. And when the fuck did i say the other consoles don't have a good lineup? I loved the 360 before it went dead on me, i loved Bioshock, Dead Rising and Perfect Dark Zero, just because i like the Wii more doesn't give you the right to ASSume i never owned any other console. And again if you don't like the Wii then sell it, it's better for you and it's better for us because we don't have to hear you whining.

    Avatar image for innerblueabyss
    InnerBlueAbyss

    154

    Forum Posts

    252

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 11

    User Lists: 0

    #29  Edited By InnerBlueAbyss

    I agree, its a dust collector.  All of the games that were listed above, only half of them were any good, some of those are just ports, and the rest are just downright crap.

    Avatar image for jordan23
    Jordan23

    1097

    Forum Posts

    35

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 1

    #30  Edited By Jordan23

    I definitely disagree with this guy logic, Nintendo Wii is still going very strong in sales worldwide. The Nintendo Wii isn't for hardcore gamers, therefore, you should invest in an Playstation 3 or Xbox 360. People need to accept the fact that Nintendo decide to follow their own path into the "next-gen" era, I commend them for that decision.

    PS... I do think that Nintendo will launch another Nintendo Wii targeted for that specific hardcore audience.

    Avatar image for dark_link142
    Dark_Link142

    426

    Forum Posts

    1077

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 5

    User Lists: 3

    #31  Edited By Dark_Link142

    Ugh, enough of these threads. Seriously, people need to stop complaining and look at the games Wii already has. If you can't find any that interests you and you can't find any worth looking forward to, you picked the wrong console. Sell it and stop complaining.

    Avatar image for clarke0
    clarke0

    1082

    Forum Posts

    1622

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #32  Edited By clarke0
    Black_Rose said:
    "clarke0 said:
    "The Wii has a "great lineup"? Capcom and EA seem to be the only third party's that seem to be supporting the Wii; most the rest of the games are just PS2 ports or straight up shovelware. Nintendo has released some quality titles, but the only exciting title they announced at this year's E3 was Animal Crossing: City Folk. Compared to the Xbox 360 or the PS3 the Wii has a very weak library of quality games. If you really think the Wii has a great lineup you must be avoiding other systems like the plauge and don't know what your missing, or are just flat out delusional. I think the reason the OP and I have been dissapointed is because we like Nintendo and expect better from them.
    "
    If you can't see it for yourself then i won't even bother. And when the fuck did i say the other consoles don't have a good lineup? I loved the 360 before it went dead on me, i loved Bioshock, Dead Rising and Perfect Dark Zero, just because i like the Wii more doesn't give you the right to ASSume i never owned any other console. And again if you don't like the Wii then sell it, it's better for you and it's better for us because we don't have to hear you whining.

    "
    You act like the Wii has a large quantity of quality games that appear to a core audience, but I think I can't see it for my self because they DON'T EXIST. Seriously, what must have games does the Wii have? I actually agree that these threads are annoying but you can't act like there is no truth behind them.
    Avatar image for oldschool
    oldschool

    7641

    Forum Posts

    60

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 10

    #33  Edited By oldschool

    1 Super Mario Galaxy
    2 Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The
    3 Super Smash Bros. Brawll
    4 Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
    5 Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
    6 Okami
    7 Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure
    8 Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
    9 Super Paper Mario
    10 Boom Blox
    11 MLB Power Pros
    12 No More Heroes
    13 BlastWorks: Build, Trade, Destroy
    14 WarioWare: Smooth Moves
    15 Bully: Scholarship Edition
    16 Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
    17 Mario Kart Wii
    18 Madden NFL 07
    19 Rock Band
    20 LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
    21 Trauma Center: Second Opinion
    22 Geometry Wars: Galaxies
    23 Mario Strikers Charged
    24 Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    25 LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
    26 Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon
    27 Godfather: Blackhand Edition, The
    28 Mercury Meltdown Revolution
    29 Madden NFL 08
    30 Trauma Center: New Blood
    31 We Love Golf!
    32 Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
    33 Battalion Wars 2
    34 Elebits

    Enough to keep me both poor and satisfied. I have 14 of them and still plan to add another 10 from that list. Plus add what is known to be coming, unknown to be coming and the fact that the Wii shares my wallet with my DS (lots more money involved), my PSP (not so much money there) and my soon to be PS3 (with exactly 2 available games that interest me) and I fail to see what the problem is.

    Final point - again - I don’t care for the PS3 library, but I don’t go round starting threads about it. Nor do I make my personal view appear t be fact - they just aren’t appealing to me personally. I just focus on what it is I enjoy about them.

    Avatar image for clarke0
    clarke0

    1082

    Forum Posts

    1622

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #34  Edited By clarke0

    About the above list: less than half of those games are games that I would actually consider quality titles. About 5 I think would appeal to a wide audience of core players. Anyway, opinions differ but the OP didn't state his opinion to be fact or anything, he just complained that there weren't enough games that he actually wanted to play.

    Avatar image for happy_cloud
    Happy_Cloud

    196

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #35  Edited By Happy_Cloud

    Have faith.

    Have patience.

    Avatar image for oldschool
    oldschool

    7641

    Forum Posts

    60

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 10

    #36  Edited By oldschool
    clarke0 said:
    "About the above list: less than half of those games are games that I would actually consider quality titles. About 5 I think would appeal to a wide audience of core players. Anyway, opinions differ but the OP didn't state his opinion to be fact or anything, he just complained that there weren't enough games that he actually wanted to play.
    "
    Actually, that is the list of games that score above 75 on Metacritic. What I deleted were those clearly casual games (Wii Fit, Raving Rabbids et cetera). From a purely objective point of view, then they are all quality titles (not my view, the critics’ view, some I have no interest in).

    I think you are overstating how many would appeal to a wide audience of core players. Rather than 5, it would be at least 14.

    You are absolutely correct on one point. There aren’t enough games to satisfy the originator of the thread. It would be stupid to deny him that view.


    Avatar image for shrekisstupid
    shrekisstupid

    59

    Forum Posts

    167

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 6

    User Lists: 3

    #37  Edited By shrekisstupid

    When I don't have games to play, I do other things like read, go outside, or exercise.

    Nintendo isn't the one and only source of entertainment in this world. :)

    Avatar image for black_rose
    Black_Rose

    7771

    Forum Posts

    3100

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 18

    User Lists: 8

    #38  Edited By Black_Rose
    clarke0 said:
    "You act like the Wii has a large quantity of quality games that appear to a core audience, but I think I can't see it for my self because they DON'T EXIST. Seriously, what must have games does the Wii have? I actually agree that these threads are annoying but you can't act like there is no truth behind them.
    "
    "About the above list: less than half of those games are games that I would actually consider quality titles. About 5 I think would appeal to a wide audience of core players. Anyway, opinions differ but the OP didn't state his opinion to be fact or anything, he just complained that there weren't enough games that he actually wanted to play.
    "
    Five??!! Fucking Five!!?? I would like to see a casual trying to beat Fire Emblem or Trauma Center, all the games he listed are quality titles that can be enjoyed by hardcore audiences, and if you don't consider them quality then that's your fucking problem and it doesn't mean the Wii has a bad lineup, i can say the PS3's lineup sucks because i don't like the games, it doesn't mean it's a fact, i can say Halo sucks, that doesn't mean other people don't enjoy it and consider it a hardcore game.

      
    Avatar image for black_rose
    Black_Rose

    7771

    Forum Posts

    3100

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 18

    User Lists: 8

    #39  Edited By Black_Rose

    I'm sorry for the swearing btw. i'm just pissed

    Avatar image for arkthemaniac
    Arkthemaniac

    6872

    Forum Posts

    315

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 10

    User Lists: 0

    #40  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    shrekisstupid said:
    "When I don't have games to play, I do other things like read, go outside, or exercise.

    Nintendo isn't the one and only source of entertainment in this world. :)
    "
    You may not know this, but you just severely owned every person naysaying the Wii on this board. I mean, SEVERELY owned.
    Avatar image for clarke0
    clarke0

    1082

    Forum Posts

    1622

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #41  Edited By clarke0
    Black_Rose said:
    "clarke0 said:
    "You act like the Wii has a large quantity of quality games that appear to a core audience, but I think I can't see it for my self because they DON'T EXIST. Seriously, what must have games does the Wii have? I actually agree that these threads are annoying but you can't act like there is no truth behind them.
    "
    "About the above list: less than half of those games are games that I would actually consider quality titles. About 5 I think would appeal to a wide audience of core players. Anyway, opinions differ but the OP didn't state his opinion to be fact or anything, he just complained that there weren't enough games that he actually wanted to play.
    "
    Five??!! Fucking Five!!?? I would like to see a casual trying to beat Fire Emblem or Trauma Center, all the games he listed are quality titles that can be enjoyed by hardcore audiences, and if you don't consider them quality then that's your fucking problem and it doesn't mean the Wii has a bad lineup, i can say the PS3's lineup sucks because i don't like the games, it doesn't mean it's a fact, i can say Halo sucks, that doesn't mean other people don't enjoy it and consider it a hardcore game.

      
    "
    "About 5 I think would appeal to a wide audience of core players." Neither Fire Emblem or Trauma Center really appeal to the mainstream hardcore audience, they are more attractive to a niche group of players. Most of those games he listed are last-gen ports (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Okami, MLB Power Pros, Bully: Scholarship Edition, LEGO Star Wars), games that are on other systems and are not made specifically from the ground up for the Wii (Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock,  Pro Evolution Soccer '08, Madden, LEGO Indiana Jones, The Godfather: Blackhand Edition), or games that are not something that will interest most core gamers. Really, ask yourself how many Wii games you would consider "must-have"?
    Avatar image for keyhunter
    keyhunter

    3208

    Forum Posts

    248

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 3

    #42  Edited By keyhunter

    THOSE GAMES BLOW. Except EXCITETRUCK which is totally the best game for wii, except they didn't print enough copies of the game so I can't find it anywhere.

    Avatar image for dj_lafleur
    DJ_LaFleur

    183

    Forum Posts

    0

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 3

    #43  Edited By DJ_LaFleur

    Some people will like many of the games on the Wii, others will not.  It's called personal taste.  And Who cares if the Wii has many "casual" games or "hardcore" games?  What is really important is that a console has "fun" games, and the Wii has plenty of "fun" games for me, so I like the Wii, therefore.

    If you cannot get enjoyment from a console, simply sell it, and not bother those who do enjoy it. 

    Avatar image for oldschool
    oldschool

    7641

    Forum Posts

    60

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 10

    #44  Edited By oldschool
    DJ_LaFleur said:
    "Some people will like many of the games on the Wii, others will not.  It's called personal taste.  And Who cares if the Wii has many "casual" games or "hardcore" games?  What is really important is that a console has "fun" games, and the Wii has plenty of "fun" games for me, so I like the Wii, therefore.

    If you cannot get enjoyment from a console, simply sell it, and not bother those who do enjoy it. "
    QFT.

    DJ_LaFleur said:
    "Some people will like many of the games on the Wii, others will not.  It's called personal taste.  And Who cares if the Wii has many "casual" games or "hardcore" games?  What is really important is that a console has "fun" games, and the Wii has plenty of "fun" games for me, so I like the Wii, therefore.

    If you cannot get enjoyment from a console, simply sell it, and not bother those who do enjoy it. "
    QFT.

    Which is exactly why I have multiple consoles, not just current, but past as well. I can get fun from my SNES, N64 or Gamecube (currently loving Tales of Symphonia again). Then there is the Xbox, PS1, PS2 and Mega Drive for even more variety. Finish of with the GB, GBC, GBA, PSP and DS and heaven forbid, my PC, and I have no excuse for complaining.  Yet, the Wii still gets a lot of work.

    Why is there so much propensity towards dwelling on what you don;t like?




    Avatar image for willy105
    Willy105

    4953

    Forum Posts

    14729

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 5

    User Lists: 1

    #45  Edited By Willy105

    None of your problems you listed have nothing to do with Nintendo at all. It's a random third-party game and your internet sucks. That's all. I am having a great time with mine.

    Avatar image for willy105
    Willy105

    4953

    Forum Posts

    14729

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 5

    User Lists: 1

    #46  Edited By Willy105
    atejas said:
    "Black_Rose said:
    "I'm fucking tired of these "Nintedo Betrayed me" bah bah!! The wii has a great lineup and if you don't like it's games then fucking sell it and buy another thing

    "

    i know. allow me to refute your nintendo betrayed you argument, butthurt fanboy
    1- Nintendo never cared about you! they go where the money goes. It's a smart business decision. dont like it? buy another console
    2-one bad e3. get over yourself, there are still plenty of good games out(NMH, SMG, TP, Brawl)
    3-they're making a new fucking zelda! what more could a nintendo fan ask for?"
    Actually, we don't know if it's a Zelda game or Mario Galaxy 2. All that's confirmed is that the Mario Galaxy team and the Zelda TP team are working on a new game together. That's all.
    Avatar image for rowdyrob
    RowdyRob

    221

    Forum Posts

    93

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 2

    User Lists: 2

    #47  Edited By RowdyRob

    Why did you buy a Wii in the first place then? Your loss for not researching... >_>

    Avatar image for irishjohn
    irishjohn

    623

    Forum Posts

    77

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 5

    #48  Edited By irishjohn

    I'm pretty surprised by how upset people are getting about this.  I know where this guy is coming from.  I don't think the console is a piece of crap, at all, but I haven't touched it in weeks.  I'm not going to sell it because there will be games that I want to play, in addition to virtual console, and the game library is better than that of the PS3.  But still, the Wii feels like a lot of its potential is being wasted.

    Avatar image for hitnrun
    HitNRun

    343

    Forum Posts

    176

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 0

    #49  Edited By HitNRun

    1) I totally agree with the original poster.

    2) I have zero sympathy for the original poster. It's not like Nintendo didn't warn you. They talked for a year about how they were ceding the tech war. Everyone said the Wii was going to have 2 big AAA games a year and a bunch of casual crap. And guess what? The Wii has 2 big AAA games a year and a bunch of casual crap!

    I considered buying a Wii, but I was disappointed with the Virtual Console library. So you know what? I didn't buy one! I'll always be a Nintendo fanboy somewhere deep inside, but you can't put your faith in a for-profit company's "loyalty". Their games have been kiddie-focused for a looong time now and somewhere in the GC era they started to crack the casual market too.

    And here you sit, your Wii that would sell back for close to the original price gathering dust in your closet. In a year it'll be worth jack. Will you wait that long crying on message boards and slitting your wrists?

    Avatar image for luchadeer
    Luchadeer

    118

    Forum Posts

    143

    Wiki Points

    0

    Followers

    Reviews: 0

    User Lists: 1

    #50  Edited By Luchadeer

    nope, all I have to say is SSBB

    This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

    Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

    Comment and Save

    Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.