Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Nintendo may finally have me :(

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Skytylz

I start work this week with school getting out.  I will work full time and I'm considering buying a Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2.  The release of the black Wii with motion plus and Resort has got me.  The raving reviews of Galaxy 2 have probably been the final push I needed to commit too it.  I also golf alot and will probably get the new Tiger woods when it comes out, how are those games?  I was wondering what the other games I should consider getting are?  Is the black Wii as good of a deal as it sounds? 

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Endogene

I would say play Galaxy 1 before 2. I doubt that once you finished Galaxy 2 you'll be able to come back to 1 and enjoy that one as much. The Tiger Wood games are great (with M+), hard as hell might i say. I believe that Tiger 11 will be adding an even harder mode as well as mini golf. As for other games you'll have to check out that list that is floating around in the wii forum and pick accordingly to your taste. Anyway have fun.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Skytylz

Thanks, my neighbor has Galaxy 1 and I've played through most of it.  I might get it if I can a good price on it though. 

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Daryl

Look what the cat dragged back in.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By OllyOxenFree

"Nintendo may finally have me :(  "

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Meowayne
    halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By halberdierv2
    Hiroshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hiroshi

I would play the original Galaxy first.

gogobomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By gogobomb

Wait wtf? you say nintendo may finally have me :(? why the unhappy face? nintendo is awesome and its not a bad thing that you like them

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By oldschool

I am sure there will be many other happy memories of fun games ahead - it is worth it.  Hell, I bought my second PS3 game 2 days ago (Valkyria Chronicles, to go with Disgaea 3) and I still don't own a PS3 - damn price, still too high  :/ 

Think about Monster Hunter Tri - excellent so far and so freaking hard, in a  good way.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By shirogane
    @oldschool:
    Go buy a Bravia? Aren't sony giving away ps3s again? 

From what i hear, the US Black Wii is a damn good deal, AND it's black. 
    Also, make sure you'er into 3D platformers. Otherwise, you're not gonna like SMG very much.
    Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
    RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

the wii is totally worth it just for muscle march. on wiiware for just $5 i believe

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Jayzilla

i like how you say it like playing any mario game is a bad thing lol. super mario bros owned my childhood. 

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Skytylz
    @Shirogane: I've played the original galaxy and I liked it. 

Everyone, I guess I'm not mad that I'm gonna get a Wii, I just don't like the direction Nintendo took with the Wii, I like HD.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shirogane
    @Skytylz:
    Then you'll probably love 2. Go for it! Black Wii is awesome! The only thing i don't like about it is that it was released after i already got a white one. There was supposed to be a black one on release DAMNIT! 

The thing with the Wii is that, if it's the onlly console you own, it's pretty decent, but once you see the HD stuff on the other consoles, it becomes an annoyance playing stuff on the Wii. Mostly text is annoying to read. And a lot of the time controls are a bit awkward, so yeah, i agree with you that the direction Nintendo have taken is a bit...unlikeable. But when it works, it works well. It's like the bi-polar console, extremes of the bad and the good.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Skytylz
    @Shirogane: Bipolar is a good way to put it lol.  My TV I'll be playing is on is only 26" so it won't be too bad playing in SD. 
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By oldschool
    @Shirogane said:
    " @oldschool: Go buy a Bravia? Aren't sony giving away ps3s again?  From what i hear, the US Black Wii is a damn good deal, AND it's black. Also, make sure you'er into 3D platformers. Otherwise, you're not gonna like SMG very much. "
    I don't need a new television, so that is out of the question.  Plus, I am currently a Panasonic buyer.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Meowayne

if it's the onlly console you own, it's pretty decent, but once you see the HD stuff on the other consoles, it becomes an annoyance playing stuff on the Wii.

Hm, no.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mmmslash
    @oldschool: Glad to see you around still, oldschool.

Speaking of MH Tri, I would love to play it with you, and everyone else in this tread and every other thread. What HR are you? I'm 27.
    ShaolinSpade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShaolinSpade
    @Skytylz:  im totally in the exact same boat as you. 

does anybody if this black wii bundle is gonna be around forever or should i hurry up and jump on this?
    fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By fini_fly
    @Skytylz said:
    " I start work this week with school getting out.  I will work full time and I'm considering buying a Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2.  The release of the black Wii with motion plus and Resort has got me.  The raving reviews of Galaxy 2 have probably been the final push I needed to commit too it.  I also golf alot and will probably get the new Tiger woods when it comes out, how are those games?  I was wondering what the other games I should consider getting are?  Is the black Wii as good of a deal as it sounds?  "
    You know the new Tiger Woods game is a fighting game... at least according to South Park. 

Definitely play the first Galaxy game like everyone else is saying.
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm getting a Wii as well, I want a PS3 and a Wii, but the Wii's good games/exclusives are very different than a PS3/360's, and getting a PS3 would mean me getting more of the same genre (not a bad thing, just I want some variety) for the most part.  So yeah, I've made my mind up that I'm getting a Wii around the end of June.  Black Wii!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By Claude

If you like golf games, you should also consider Super Swing Golf Season 2. It's more of an anime golf game with some light RPG mechanics, but I had a blast playing it.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, anyone have an opinion on the Nyko nunchuk for the Wii?  I noticed it has a circular "gate" while Nintendo's has an octagonal gate which I don't really like (I play my brother's Wii every now and then).

AdvanceStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AdvanceStrat

@xobballox: 

Honestly, I'd just stick with the standard.  Third party hardware of any sort tend to break like you wouldn't believe.  My parents made that mistake with a 3rd party guitar for guitar hero, thing broke in a week.  Got a real one off ebay later, and a year and a half later that still works. 

Best to just get it right the first time I figure.

j_drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By j_drace

Get a blunt, some good friends, and Mario Kart Wii.  Prepare yourself for an exceptional time.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Azteck
    @j_drace said:
    " Get a blunt, some good friends, and Mario Kart Wii.  Prepare yourself for an exceptional time. "
    Really? It's almost 4 months old. What's the point of necroing this thread?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.