Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Nintendo of Japan to hold event in October

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

According to various reports, Nintendo of Japan will be holding an event on October 2nd showcasing forthcoming projects.

According to Nihon Securities Journal, translation by Kotaku, Nintendo will be holding a conference to announce new Wii/DS games, possible hardware advances and more.

The Japanese game maker won’t be making a direct appearance at this years Tokyo Game Show, as per usual, so a smaller, private press event could be the ticket to redeeming lost hype.

What games or hardware do you think Nintendo will be discussing at the event?

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By ArcBorealis

I actually didn't think they'd hold another one of these, seeing as they really wouldn't have anything ready yet to interest us because of E3. Could be wrong though.

So far, the only things I see being announced is a US date for Disaster Day of Crisis, and the storage solution.

Other than that, they'll probably talk more about stuff like Wii Speak, Wii Music, and probably stuff on third party games, since they are obviously gonna be dominating this year.

I'm not gonna expect anything else specific being announced, but I hope they got something that seems interesting.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By ZenaxPure

Maybe they will enlighten us on the new Pikmin or Zelda coming? Who knows really.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Mushir

Im not gonna get my hopes up. I don't wanna get disappointed again.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well, I just expect this to be pimping their current games (like Wii Fit, again), maybe throw a word or two about Pikmin and Zelda progressing well (but no details), perhaps a mention about a couple of promising third party games. I'm just glad that whatever is shown here, good or "bad" or whatever, will not overshadow the showfloor games like the E3 conference overshadowed the actual games on display with everyone raging over having no core Wii games but ignoring De Blob, Tales of Symphonia, Deadly Creatures, Mad World, Fragile, Tenchu, etc as if they did not exist... At least they can't repeat it this time, they won't be talking about this Nintendo event for days on end and ignore TGS... I hope, heh.

Let's all remember Nintendo already stated they won't have more core game to show us until after early 2009 (even though we have Wario Land and Disaster already...) therefor keep our expectations realistic for this event...

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Dark_Link142

To be realistic, they'll probably announce the storage solution.

But I'll get excited when and if they announce it.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I didn't know Nintendo had pulled out of TGS, an interesting move. Still it's cool that they'll have a dedicated event where we're likely to see some seriously cool stuff.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Dalai

I have some weird feeling they will try to appease the hardcore during this event... they said E3 wasn't the time or the place for it, maybe they've found the right moment to announce stuff.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

They haven't attended TGS in years Gamer, and I'm pretty sure they do their own event for years also, this doesn't mean they have something exciting to show so, don't get too hyped.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Black_Rose

I'm not expecting anything from it, but cool for anyone who's wants to see more Wii Music gameplay

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.