Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Rabbids Go Home

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

Update: Official website and press release:

SAN FRANCISCO – May 7, 2009 – Today Ubisoft revealed new gameplay details about the upcoming comedy-adventure Rabbids Go Home(TM). The party is over and the Rabbids are ready to go home…to the moon! Developed by Ubisoft Montpellier, the game features a new wacky storyline, diverse gameplay and intuitive controls, and a vast array of environments that leads to hilarious capers as the Rabbids wreak havoc on the Humans in pursuit of their quest. Rabbids Go Home is scheduled to ship Holiday 2009 for the Wii(TM) system from Nintendo.

About the Game:
    The Rabbids first comedy-adventure will take them to the moon or bust! Those crazy Rabbids have an infallible plan: collect all the human stuff they can find, heap it onto a giant pile and literally climb home to the moon. But not so fast! The Humans revolt, unleashing the Verminators whose only objective is to exterminate the Rabbids. Rabbids Go Home game features include:

• The Rabbids First Comedy-Adventure: Control two Raving Rabbids and their shopping cart and cause mayhem in a world full of uptight Humans with shopping on the brain. Collect varying sizes of human stuff to build the Rabbids sky-high pile of junk in their quest to reach the moon.

• Make a huge mess and provoke hilarious situations in over 15 striking game environments: Scour through supermarkets, race across rooftops, jet past airports and boost through the Bayou, visiting the game’s unique take on everyday places.

• Play over 40 missions: Race, chase, boost and generally run amok while scaring the Humans right down to their undies - literally! Ridicule reams of relentless enemies and their nasty pooches in an increasingly paranoid world of Rabbid-haters.

• Unique Art Direction: Encounter a cast of colorful, oddball characters and explore a remarkable parody of the modern world as if you were living inside an interactive cartoon!

• Variety of Gameplay: Soup up your shopping cart with a Jet Ski, an airplane reactor, or a hospital Bubble Bed to wreak endless havoc everywhere you turn. Learn to pilot your cart while boosting, jumping, gliding, floating and flying.

For more information about Rabbids Go Home, visit the official website: http://www.rabbids.com

Original post:
    So, Ubisoft is going back to the platform genre for the next Rabbids title. Finally. It was first revealed in Nintendo Power (in the same issue as Silent Hill: Shattered Memories) and now IGN has an interview and a teaser video(nice mocking of past Rabbids titles) for us.

Basic premise & early features:
    - action/adventure game
    - Rabbids have decided they want to go home, but they don’t know where home is. For whatever reason, they decide that the Moon is their destination
    - Rabbids goal is to collect enough junk to build a tower to reach the moon
    - control two Rabbids at once: one sits inside a shopping cart, another pushes
    - push cart into various junk to collect it
    - some items require extra steps to collect
    - use ‘BWAH!’ attack to scare clothing off of NPCs, then collect to add to your tower
    - other items are used to give rabbids new abilities, power-ups for their cart

Some interview highlights:
    The Rabbids Go Home core team is made up of people who worked together in Ubisoft's Montpellier Studio on Beyond Good & Evil, King Kong, the official game of Peter Jackson's movie, as well as the first Rayman Raving Rabbids party game.

Today, over 90 people are hard at work on Rabbids Go Home as we move into our third year of development… which is pretty rare for a Wii game. We wanted to give ourselves the time and the means on par with our ambitions for a big adventure.

Rabbids Go Home is absolutely not a mini-game compilation. It's an adventure game, and more precisely a comedy-adventure. After exploring new weird and wonderful Wii moves with the Rabbid party games, we now wanted to go further and give core and casual players a deeper and more varied experience, and tell a story from the Rabbids side-splitting point of view.

Besides, they just kept jumping up and down in our field of vision (sort of like Donkey in Shrek screaming, 'Pick Me!'), until we couldn't ignore them anymore! So we gave them an epic adventure, and to everyone's delight, we get to experience the world Rabbid-style.

We make good use of both controls and have imagined a completely unique set of delirious activities that uses the Wii Remote in a way you've never seen before… Can't say more for now.

Players will discover a feature that uses the Wii Remote in a creative and technologically revolutionary way, never before seen in a game.

Yes, a brand new engine called LyN was created alongside Rabbids Go Home and will serve many forthcoming games. It is a revolutionary graphical engine thanks to its structure and technology that make it at once easy to use, effective and evolvable. With LyN, we can create games for both old-gen and next-gen consoles.

It's too soon to talk about it, but it is our firm intention that 2 players be able to experience the adventure and the comedy together.

We are preparing several online features currently, but I can't elaborate at this time…

Some of their screenshots:

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

I love those little rabbids.  They are so much better than boring Rayman.  This is a game I am looking forward to seeing and playing.  I am sure they will provide me with plenty of laughs.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

The 2D cartoon style introduced in RRR TVP is soo much better.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

Forgot to include this interview highlight:
    Rabbids Go Home has an open-world structure. The action in RGH takes place in a world that concentrates everything one might find in a typical US city and surroundings. Some other environments include a beach, a desert, the everglades…. The game world is organized, like a spider's web, around neighborhoods (the Hubs), each giving access to several levels. Players can move around freely and choose the level they want to play from these Hubs, but they can also collect resources, strip humans naked and even combat enemies in the Hubs. These neighborhoods evolve throughout the adventure.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Fuck this, I want another REAL Rayman game.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

This thread title gave me the wrong idea. I was kind of hoping you were with me on this and just wanted them to go away. Bummer.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Official website and press release:

SAN FRANCISCO – May 7, 2009 – Today Ubisoft revealed new gameplay details about the upcoming comedy-adventure Rabbids Go Home(TM). The party is over and the Rabbids are ready to go home…to the moon! Developed by Ubisoft Montpellier, the game features a new wacky storyline, diverse gameplay and intuitive controls, and a vast array of environments that leads to hilarious capers as the Rabbids wreak havoc on the Humans in pursuit of their quest. Rabbids Go Home is scheduled to ship Holiday 2009 for the Wii(TM) system from Nintendo.

About the Game:
    The Rabbids first comedy-adventure will take them to the moon or bust! Those crazy Rabbids have an infallible plan: collect all the human stuff they can find, heap it onto a giant pile and literally climb home to the moon. But not so fast! The Humans revolt, unleashing the Verminators whose only objective is to exterminate the Rabbids. Rabbids Go Home game features include:

• The Rabbids First Comedy-Adventure: Control two Raving Rabbids and their shopping cart and cause mayhem in a world full of uptight Humans with shopping on the brain. Collect varying sizes of human stuff to build the Rabbids sky-high pile of junk in their quest to reach the moon.

• Make a huge mess and provoke hilarious situations in over 15 striking game environments: Scour through supermarkets, race across rooftops, jet past airports and boost through the Bayou, visiting the game’s unique take on everyday places.

• Play over 40 missions: Race, chase, boost and generally run amok while scaring the Humans right down to their undies - literally! Ridicule reams of relentless enemies and their nasty pooches in an increasingly paranoid world of Rabbid-haters.

• Unique Art Direction: Encounter a cast of colorful, oddball characters and explore a remarkable parody of the modern world as if you were living inside an interactive cartoon!

• Variety of Gameplay: Soup up your shopping cart with a Jet Ski, an airplane reactor, or a hospital Bubble Bed to wreak endless havoc everywhere you turn. Learn to pilot your cart while boosting, jumping, gliding, floating and flying.

For more information about Rabbids Go Home, visit the official website: http://www.rabbids.com

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r
    ONM preview with lots of details.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Meowayne
    "the bulk of the team worked on [...] Beyond Good and Evil"

huh.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yeah, that's in the first post as well, the first interview bit I highlighted in fact:
    "The Rabbids Go Home core team is made up of people who worked together in Ubisoft's Montpellier Studio on Beyond Good & Evil, King Kong: the official game of Peter Jackson's movie, as well as the first Rayman Raving Rabbids party game."

So, that's quite the track record. We all know how awesome B&G was, the King Kong game I didn't play further than the demo but it seemed to be a highly polished adventure (the T-Rex encounter was fucking awesome) and well, Raving Rabbids were awesome as mini games go, and the humour and characterization they came up with will be incredible for this game too :)

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Goly
    Captain_Fookup said:
    "Fuck this, I want another REAL Rayman game."
    it will come out eventually. those guys are very talented they shouldn't waste it on stuff like this imo.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

Ok, you REAL Rayman lovers can make a new thread to discuss Rayman you know. Why barge in unrelated threads like that? Joke posts? Did I somehow fool you into thinking this was going to be about a Rayman game and you were disappointed to find it's not? Or what?

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Stang

If it is anywhere as fun as the second in the series I will give it a go. Damn fun game after 10 beers.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's not a party game so you probalby won't be able to play it after 10 beers.

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Goly
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Ok, you REAL Rayman lovers can make a new thread to discuss Rayman you know. Why barge in unrelated threads like that? Joke posts? Did I somehow fool you into thinking this was going to be about a Rayman game and you were disappointed to find it's not? Or what?"
    i'm not telling you that these games aren't fun, just that they can make much better games than that.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Al3xand3r

What is "these games" now? Have you played this or something? Cos it sure sounds like a pretty unique platformer / adventure to me. If these guys have the talent to make a great Rayman game, why would it be left unused when they were tasked with making a Rabbids game that is more or less the same genre, and they decided the exact design of it anyway and even created the Rabbids on their own using that same talent? The thread still has nothing to do with Rayman so I don't see the logic in coming in here to talk about Rayman. That is what I was commenting on before, and not you putting down this unreleased and barely seen game. I'm used to people doing that on teh internetz.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#18  Edited By ZombiePie

Uhhh I think the game looks interesting, but I find the fact that some of the Rabbids are running all around in their underwear a little disconcerting... I mean WHY?

Goly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Goly
    Al3xand3r said:
    "What is "these games" now? Have you played this or something? Cos it sure sounds like a pretty unique platformer / adventure to me. If these guys have the talent to make a great Rayman game, why would it be left unused when they were tasked with making a Rabbids game that is more or less the same genre, and they decided the exact design of it anyway and even created the Rabbids on their own using that same talent? The thread still has nothing to do with Rayman so I don't see the logic in coming in here to talk about Rayman. That is what I was commenting on before, and not you putting down this unreleased and barely seen game. I'm used to people doing that on teh internetz."
    ok sorry i didn't know that it was a platformer. i thought it was one of the raving rabbids mini games you know. my bad.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Goly said:
    "ok sorry i didn't know that it was a platformer. i thought it was one of the raving rabbids mini games you know. my bad."
    So people should read the threads before commenting, especially so negatively, then :P

ZombiePie said:

"Uhhh I think the game looks interesting, but I find the fact that some of the Rabbids are running all around in their underwear a little disconcerting... I mean WHY? "
    Rabbids are naked, those are probably underwear they stole from humans... Don't ask... :P
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dalai

I'm surprised they didn't move on to a new Rayman platformer.  I guess the Rabbid brand is just as strong, maybe even stronger now.

I'm just wondering if they'll take a break from the Rabbids for a while because I don't think we need another game featuring them for quite a while.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#22  Edited By ZombiePie
    Al3xand3r said:

ZombiePie said:

"Uhhh I think the game looks interesting, but I find the fact that some of the Rabbids are running all around in their underwear a little disconcerting... I mean WHY? "
    Rabbids are naked, those are probably underwear they stole from humans... Don't ask... :P "
    And then there is a chick in her bra and panties in one of the screenshots!  What is this some sort of erotic rabbit fantasy land!
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Al3xand3r
    gormers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By gormers

Thanks for posting this stuff man. I have high hopes for this game, since its an new action adventure by friggin Michael Anchel and his guys (rayman 2, king kong, beyond good and evil, and he also designed the rabbids characters). Ive only tried the first game in the rabbids series which was okay, but the other seemed to go downhill. Heres hoping that the humor in this game will be like a pixar movie, good for both children and more grown ups...

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gizmo

I hate the Wii with a passion, but this actually looks pretty fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.