Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Rugby League 3 Heads to Wii

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

Sidhe Interactive is bringing their franchise to Wii. Well, that's it, here are some screens from the official website.

Here are the features they listed so far, heh, I just couldn't bother retyping everything since they're not in text form...

Well, Rugby fans will have to wait and see if this will actually be any good or not. There no plans for HD versions yet.

I'm just surprised to see an indie studio give EA's visual efforts on Wii a run for their money, at least in their screens.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

I know, it just goes to show how incompetent most developers are if a tiny studio making niche games can exploit the Wii the same or more...

See EA Sports' efforts for comparison... Yeah, we can see your dollar spent well here EA, lesser than on PS2!!!

Yeah, soccer has to look more bright colored and stylised on Wii, because soccer is normally such a core focused game that you need to adapt it to the casual crowd, it's not like EA Sports rose to fame and took the PS1 with them thanks to the casual/mainstream appeal of sports titles  -.-

The lighting really looks so superior in Rugby League 3, I hope the full game resembles that kind of quality too.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool

It certainly looks nice and certainly better looking than the World Football images, but it is stillRugby  :-(    Oh well, at least it is a better sport than Gridiron (American Football) with REAL men taking part.  Bring on a decent Australian Rules Football now.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By c1337us
    @oldschool said:
    " It certainly looks nice and certainly better looking than the World Football images, but it is stillRugby  :-(    Oh well, at least it is a better sport than Gridiron (American Football) with REAL men taking part.  Bring on a decent Australian Rules Football now. "
    Hang on. Hang on. I like my AFL for sure (Go Richmond!) but Rugby League is a great game also and AFL has nothing like the State of Origin. FACT. Also wheres Ray Warren aka The Voice of Rugby League?
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By oldschool
    @c1337us said:
    " @oldschool said:
    " It certainly looks nice and certainly better looking than the World Football images, but it is stillRugby  :-(    Oh well, at least it is a better sport than Gridiron (American Football) with REAL men taking part.  Bring on a decent Australian Rules Football now. "
    Hang on. Hang on. I like my AFL for sure (Go Richmond!) but Rugby League is a great game also and AFL has nothing like the State of Origin. FACT. Also wheres Ray Warren aka The Voice of Rugby League? "
    Richmond?  You have my sympathy  :-)   

I kid,  my team is pretty shite - Essendon  :-( 

I could care less about New South Wales belting the crap out of Queensland or vice versa  xD  I wonder if they have sme side missions where you masturbate with 10 players as one of them has sex with a girl against her wishes?  We need the game to be as close to real as possible right  :P
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By c1337us
    @oldschool: I was born 3 years too late for Richmond last premiership. They had a good history prior to that, that I don't get to remember first hand. At least Essendon had a few years of purple patches under Sheedy (Richmond player). And Essendon are towelling up St Kilda as I type so kudos to them for that. Of course with Matthew Knights now at the helm (Richmond player) its only natural :-P

But I was born and raised in regional NSW so I born bred to love rugby so watch it or Greg Bird might come and glass you lol.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldschool
    @c1337us said:
    " @oldschool: I was born 3 years too late for Richmond last premiership. They had a good history prior to that, that I don't get to remember first hand. At least Essendon had a few years of purple patches under Sheedy (Richmond player). And Essendon are towelling up St Kilda as I type so kudos to them for that. Of course with Matthew Knights now at the helm (Richmond player) its only natural :-P  But I was born and raised in regional NSW so I born bred to love rugby so watch it or Greg Bird might come and glass you lol. "
    Yes, what would Essendon be without Richmond  :-)    We know how to look after our people. 

Glassing is something rugby league players appear to be good at.  The latest player to attack his girlfriend was all just a misunderstanding though - he had to punch her in the eye, to stop her fromahring herself  xD  I buy that story.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By c1337us
    @oldschool: Hey Greg Inglis has been indefinately suspended by the Storm (who your refering to). He was talking about following Karmichael Hunt's lead and making a conversion to AFL. Maybe Essendon will pick him up. But then lets be honest its more likely Richmond will because we love recruiting us some fading stars with personal issues and criminal records.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oldschool
    @c1337us said:
    " @oldschool: Hey Greg Inglis has been indefinately suspended by the Storm (who your refering to). He was talking about following Karmichael Hunt's lead and making a conversion to AFL. Maybe Essendon will pick him up. But then lets be honest its more likely Richmond will because we love recruiting us some fading stars with personal issues and criminal records. "
    Yes, the Melbourne Storm player.  Man, his girlfriend looked terrified in those photographs. 

Maybe he can buddy up with Ben Cousins  (as you were referencing).  They would make an awesome pair.  Rugby is really in the shitter at the moment.  Their reputation is so poor and many a mother would not want their sons to be involved in it.  Fair enough too.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By c1337us
    @c1337us said:
    " @oldschool: Hey Greg Inglis has been indefinately suspended by the Storm (who your refering to). He was talking about following Karmichael Hunt's lead and making a conversion to AFL. Maybe Essendon will pick him up. But then lets be honest its more likely Richmond will because we love recruiting us some fading stars with personal issues and criminal records. "
    Actually just to quote myself. This is exactly what this game needs. An AFL game to co-incide with its release with a War of the Codes poaching war mini game where you can import characters from one game to the other. Surely Karmichael Hunt is going to feature in Rugby 3 in the Brisbane Broncos line up. Then when we buy the AFL game we can poach him from our copies of Rugby 3 to play for the new Gold Coast team. Genius.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By JJOR64

Looks solid!

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By c1337us

Thinking about it here is another couple of mini games that would really round this title out:  

1. The After Game - This mini game is initiated after a win over your closest rival. You win by successfully negotiating the teams Hotel to your room without deficating on the floor in someone else's doorstep. Successfully negotiate every After Game, mini game in a season to unlock a special Brad Fittler or Nate Myles skin for your Origin line up depending on who you barrack for. 

2. Ladies Round - Every major sports code worth its weight has a ladies round. During the regular season mode when Ladies round comes around you initiate 1 of 2 mini games. Digital Penetrator using the BattleRaper engine tasks you with comitting statutory rape against a minor. For the married folk you can glass your misses ala the traditional Ice Hockey melee feature. Passing grants you classic Bret Stewart and Matthew Johns skins.

3. Franchise Mode - Just like normal Franchise mode but before you play a game when the season starts you go through a brawler mini game in which you have to assualt as many of your major sponsors as possible before the night ends. Reaching 10 will unlock you an Anthony Watmough skin.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By c1337us

Of course this game wouldnt be immediately banned in Australia.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Black_Rose

That doesn't look half bad surprisingly enough, reminds me of PES 09 for the Wii.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.