Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

The Conduit!

NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By NormanOfTorn

NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NormanOfTorn

I am sure most of you have heard about The Conduit made exclusively for the Wii, I am wondering if you guys are expecting it to be top notch game, like Brawl and Galaxy, or do you think it will fall short like Red Steel did.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Mushir

This game looks very promising. Great graphics, nice controls. I hope they don't screw up the online though. If they don't, this game might become THE online wii game. I heard they are gonna make Wii Speak compatible with it. They still need a publisher though.

Bossman4595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Bossman4595

Yea nintendo should pick them up as their publisher because this game looks awesome

matkey1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By matkey1988

looks like it could shape up to be amazeing from what i have seen. Best looking game on the wii ( maybe the new mario beats it) and i also hope the online is done right  not like brawls msg chat

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By DarkLegend

Looks like the best FPS game that the wii will get for a while.

whoozwah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By whoozwah

I'm more interested in the fact that if it turns out to be good that it will silence the self proclaimed "core" gamers who are clamoring about a good shooter on the Wii.

Murpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Murpan

The game looks and sounds amazing. I'll be keeping an eye on it up until release.
    I'm especially excited about the customizable controls, from a video I saw you can change everything from sensitivity right down to the bounding box. Should be pretty sweet.

synt4x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By synt4x

I think the game looks awesome! But does it bring anything new to the FPS table, except for using the Wii remote properly?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7c31174a7f0
    deactivated-5d7c31174a7f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Conduit will no doubt be a top seller. If anything just because of it's graphical terms. Finally, a developer that's not afraid to bring good graphics to Wii. I also like the fact they said "Most other games look like crap on the Wii" which is so true. Some are simply ports of PS2 games, with older games of the franchise *cough* WWE *cough* looking far better on the Gamecube.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By Willy105

I think it's just another generic FPS, just like Killzone 2.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mushir
    Bossman4595 said:
    "Yea nintendo should pick them up as their publisher because this game looks awesome"
    No Nintendo shouldn't be the publisher. Because then we would have to use those annoying friend codes.
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By ThomasP

I'm hoping for a great story, good game play and robust online community options. I don't care who the publisher is.

Akel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By Akel

I don't see it as being revolutionary in any way, but it's definitely a great addition to the Wii library. I'll be picking it up for sure, regardless of publisher.

Gaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gaius

I think this is going to be very successful.  The graphics are far superior to many games currently out on the Wii.  Also, with any luck, they got their hands on the Wii Motion Plus early enough and they will use the 1:1 movement to their advantage.  They don't have a publisher yet, however, hopefully EA will pick it up.  This way the game will have it's own EA dedicated online servers.  I trust EA's online service more than Nintendo's, and it also negates friend codes.

Avatar image for timmytomthegreat
    timmytomthegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By timmytomthegreat

How would MotionPlus add to the Conduit's gameplay?

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mushir
    Gaius said:
    "I think this is going to be very successful.  The graphics are far superior to many games currently out on the Wii.  Also, with any luck, they got their hands on the Wii Motion Plus early enough and they will use the 1:1 movement to their advantage.  They don't have a publisher yet, however, hopefully EA will pick it up.  This way the game will have it's own EA dedicated online servers.  I trust EA's online service more than Nintendo's, and it also negates friend codes."
    I don't think they are gonna make the Motion Plus compatible with it cause they said they are almost done with the game and it just needs polishing. Oh and I agree EA should definitely publish this game. Friend codes are so friggin annoying >_<
    Gaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gaius
    timmytomthegreat said:
    "How would MotionPlus add to the Conduit's gameplay?
    "

The Motion Plus adds for greater accuracy when using the Wii Remote.  In The Conduit you use the Wii Remote pointer to aim your gun.  More precision using the Motion Plus would mean more accurate aiming which would improve gameplay.

NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NormanOfTorn
    Gaius said:
    "timmytomthegreat said:
    "

The Motion Plus adds for greater accuracy when using the Wii Remote.  In The Conduit you use the Wii Remote pointer to aim your gun.  More precision using the Motion Plus would mean more accurate aiming which would improve gameplay.

"
    High Volage said that it is pretty close to finishing The Conduit's campaign, so I doubt that they will attempt to use The Wii MotionPlus, especially because it is not suppose to be released until Spring of '09.
    NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NormanOfTorn
    Akel said:
    "I don't see it as being revolutionary in any way, but it's definitely a great addition to the Wii library. I'll be picking it up for sure, regardless of publisher."
    Yeah, I don't really care who the publisher is either, but it would be awesome if Nintendo published this game... It would sell millions.
    Gaughan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Gaughan

When I look at The Conduit I see a generic alien shooter. I just hope theres some interesting weapons or gameplay to bring me. I looks fantasic for a Wii game and I'd love to support it and show third party core games can sell well.

Gaius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gaius
    Gaughan said:
    "When I look at The Conduit I see a generic alien shooter. I just hope theres some interesting weapons or gameplay to bring me. I looks fantasic for a Wii game and I'd love to support it and show third party core games can sell well.
    "
    Some of the weapons seem interesting, I do agree with you though.  Although the Wii needs an FPS I still hope they add their own unique element to it.  I don't want it to be too generic.  But with the lack of this genre on the Wii, i'll take anything at this point.
    Avatar image for timmytomthegreat
    timmytomthegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By timmytomthegreat
    Gaius said:
    "timmytomthegreat said:
    "

"
    I thought the motionplus only improves motion not pointer stuff.  How would it improve pointer functionality in the wii mote?
    FrozenVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FrozenVX

Nintendo isn't very good with online. I mean I had high hopes for brawl online, but it turned out laggy, slow, and near impossible to find a match. I'm kind of skeptical about online with the Conduit.

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Earthbounder

Overall I would say it is a generic shooter. But it does look good, and the reason why we are all excited is because the Wii doesn`t have many great shooters even though its control system is perfect for the genre. I think it is going to be great, but I think people are hyping it too much.

RowdyRob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By RowdyRob
    NormanOfTorn said:
    "I am sure most of you have heard about The Conduit made exclusively for the Wii, I am wondering if you guys are expecting it to be top notch game, like Brawl and Galaxy, or do you think it will fall short like Red Steel did.
    "
    Hopefully it won't fall short like Red Steel as High Voltage have plenty of time to work with The Conduit.

It has won almost all of the "Best Wii Game of E3" awards and has potential, especially with 16 player online deathmatches with voice chat.
    Kowalski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kowalski

I'm not sure how I feel about the Conduit. I'm most excited about the controls and gameplay. I don't think that the game really looks that good. The Art style in the game is one of the worst I've seen in an FPS ever, and it's alot of jaggies and poor modeling going on. The controls and online better be revolutionary.

Kevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Kevin

Anyone else see this article and think of Mass Effect?

Back on topic, I'll wait to see more before giving away my opinions on The Conduit.

Knives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By Knives

I'm still very skeptical of this game. Unproven developer + FPS = not good.

chazer127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By chazer127
    Knives said:
    "I'm still very skeptical of this game. Unproven developer + FPS = not good."

You never know, it could just suprise you.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By Arkthemaniac

It'll be great. You can quote me on that, sonny.

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jordan23

The Conduit is looking very sharp from the video footage that I've seen.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm not a big FPS fan...but I might get this game. Looking pretty good and I hope it will be a good game for the Wii.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34  Edited By OGCartman

Im expecting great things

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By efrucht

It will probably be good for a Wii FPS.
    I just don't know how it will fare against other popular FPS's, but we'll just have to wait and see.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.