Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

What should I buy

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By thordain

I'm looking at 2 future shooters for the Wii, CoD5 and a game called the Conduit. Supposedly the Treyarch guys will fit the CoD4 engine onto the Wii, but The Conduit also looks real good and has mappable controls. Any suggestions.

DualReaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DualReaver

I have no idea what Conduit is, but I wouldn't put too much faith into Call of duty 5. Call of Duty 3 on the Wii was terrible.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By thordain
    Video
    Theres a tech demo of Conduit
    Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Endogene

wait for them to come out, there is no way to judge which one is better now

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac

The Conduit is exclusive, so it will most likely turn out better. Also, it's Sci Fi, has voice chat nearly confirmed, and has been said to have the best and most customizable controls of any console FPS in existence.

World at War should be pretty good, too. It's built from the ground up, but I would have your hopes higher for The Conduit.
    brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By brukaoru
    Endogene said:
    "wait for them to come out, there is no way to judge which one is better now"
    I agree. If you're basing your options on other people's opinion, I suppose you read reviews... So wait and see what the reviews say, that's my advice.
    Kaido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Kaido

Mad World looks intense!

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8  Edited By ArcBorealis

Definetely keep both games on your watch, then make your decision after seeing other people's impressions.

I'm positive that both games will be good, but it'll all come down to what really is in the final package, and if it is any good.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pause422

Cod World at War I guarantee will not be that great on the Wii...do yourself a favor and if you have the other consoles just get it on that....the conduit, every little bit of this game looks like your typical shooter that is in no way amazing, but may be at least tolerated..like Area 51 for the xbox, or Blacksite for the ps3/360..I hated the game but I guess it was at least tolerable..this game seems like that kind of thing.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    pause422 said:
    "Cod World at War I guarantee will not be that great on the Wii...do yourself a favor and if you have the other consoles just get it on that....the conduit, every little bit of this game looks like your typical shooter that is in no way amazing, but may be at least tolerated..like Area 51 for the xbox, or Blacksite for the ps3/360..I hated the game but I guess it was at least tolerable..this game seems like that kind of thing."
    Really? The controls were supposed to be great. Well, I guess if you played it.....
    *couldn't resist*
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Al3xand3r

Indeed, even the sub par COD3 got decent reviews on the Wii only thanks to the great controls it had. I don't see why they'd fuck it up in a sequel.

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Earthbounder

It looks like the Conduit will be awesome but if I were you I would wait for some reviews before making this decision.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By SSbabel

Fuk the future and fuk fps, you need to be getting Zelda.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.