Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

When the hell did this start happening???

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

So I'm searching through the Gamestop website and I noticed that the music games like Rock Band 3, Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock and DJ Hero 2 are going for $60 on the WII. Now, mind you that this is all without any instruments. I want to know, has this been going on? Because all the Wii games I've seen in the past have always been $50 and below. I know for a fact myself that $60 for a Wii game is not worth it. Especially for a system that doesn't give updates for games or DLC. Unless it's on a disc like some Rock Band track packs.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jack268

Super Mario Galaxy used costs like $55 here. I don't see the big whoop here.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By melcene

Maybe I haven't paid enough attention, but when I buy a new game, I expect to spend $60 (pretax), no matter what system.

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By mfpantst

I'm expecting 60 for consoles and 40 for some computers.  Think you need to lay off the pallella.

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By wrathofconn

Lolwut, the games are worth less because there's no DLC to spend even more money on?

I actually agree with you, but that's a terrible reason. Realistically, PS3 games are the only format that's radically different from last gen because of Blu-ray, there really aren't any games that are worth sixty bucks in the first place. Welcome to America.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Godwind

When the manfacturers decided to raise the price of the MSRP for the wii version?
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm shocked too, man. I've never seen a Wii game cost more than $50. That's just not right. I hope you're not planning on buying any of those games for the Wii, unless it's the only console you have.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By huntad

I don't think it's correct to assume that a Wii game is not worth $60. I do remember them being $50 though and don't remember them changing it.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Emilio
    @TheGreatGuero:  
    I think the first $60 game on Wii was Beatles Rock Band. That's when I knew people will pay any price for a video game without asking questions.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By ch13696
    @mfpantst said:
    " I'm expecting 60 for consoles and 40 for some computers.  Think you need to lay off the pallella. "
    Except for PC games, usually game prices don't increase until a new console comes out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.