I haven't touched my Wii in probably over a year. Even before that however I never played any RPGs on the Wii. I finally hooked it back up to my TV and have been looking for some games to play. I am hoping some good JRPGs are out there on the Wii that I missed or never considered at the time since I have a PS3 and 360. So what's out there in the Wii RPG world?
Wii RPGs, what's out there?
If you're looking for something insanely long, try Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny. Spent almost 70 hours on that thing (60 for the main story). Haven't spent that much time on a single playthrough since Dragon Quest VIII way back when.
You probably just wanna get the PS3 version though so you can play it over HDMI...
@MrOldboy: Phantom Brave: We Meet Again and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn are two pretty great strategy RPGs, although if you haven't played Fire Emblem on the Gamecube you might not like it as much. Arc Rise Fantasia seems like a pretty typical JRPG with an interesting battle system but I haven't played it yet.
Monster Hunter Tri all the way. I'm not sure if I would call it a RPG, it's a monster hunter game :-) But with a lot of customization, crafting and so on. Great controls I think, more strategy to the combat, almost like Dark souls in some way. I like it a lot. More or less no story, it's purely based on gameplay, combat and grinding (in a fun way^_^).
Jeff said that Reflex Jaunt(or whatever the name of that game is he played during the Happy Hour) was the last good Wii game. The fuck? Don't he know the names Hironobu Sakaguchi and Nobuo Uematsu?
They're making The Last Story, it will be out later this month and, for the first time ever, it's actually got me thinking about getting a Nintendo Wii. I used to love JRPGs and now I strongly dislike them, this is my last hope.
Just no way of repeating others on this, but I will list what I have and enjoyed"
- Fire Emblem - it is an SRPG and by far my favourite game this generation. I play any in the franchise my love is so great.
- Monster Hunter Tri - another really great game. It soafed up 100 of my time and I didn't finish it (which I must do).
- Little King's Story - the most underrated game this generation. It is a strategy game with heavy RPG elements.
- Xenoblade Chronicles - already 50 hours in and if you like your RPG old school, then this is for you.
- Rune Factory Frontiers - Harvest Moon as an RPG. It is fantastic, but perhaps niche.
- Tlaes of Symphonia - Not as good as the Gamecube one, but still enjoyable.
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers - I enjoyed it, like all my Final Fantasy. I liked it more than FFXIII.
- Final Fantasy Chocobo Fables - It is a lot better than most will give it credit for.
- Arc Rise Fantasia - annoying voices, but a decent game.
- Shiren the Wanderer - really old school and a decent one.
- Phantom Brave - more really old school RPG if you didn't play the PS2 one.
- The Last Story - mine is actually on its way and I have high expectations.
- Fragile Dreams - also on its way and really looking forward to it.
I hope you find some fun out there.
Please Log In to post.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.