Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Zelda Wii speculation

NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By NormanOfTorn

What do you guys think will be the name of the next Zelda?  Will the game be drastically changed like Miyamoto said?  Please start the speculation...

rerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rerty

I don't know how drastically the game can change without straying from its roots. Zelda has always been a dungeon to dungeon adventure ; I can't see it changing all that much.

NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NormanOfTorn

I hope it doesn't change that much, I hope Nintendo doesn't try to reach out to the casual audience too much with Zelda.

Avatar image for griefersstolemykeyboard
    griefersstolemykeyboard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

hopefully they will do something cool with their technology, and by that I mean the motion plus. Without totally alienating the loyal Zelda fans, also wind waker graphics please

rerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rerty

I could not agree more with the above poster. Ditch the graphic style of Twilight Princess and use the art style of games like windwaker. The ground textures in TP almost made my eyes bleed.

NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NormanOfTorn

I actually kind of hope that they try to keep the graphic style more realistic rather than The Windwaker's graphics.  Even though either would be fine, as long as we get a new Zelda title.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Mushir

We will get a new Zelda. The Zelda team are working on it. I just hope they dont make it for the casual players.

I liked the art style of Twilight Princess so I wish they keep that style. Just make the gameplay awesome and ill be happy!

edwardt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By edwardt

All I want to see from the next zelda game is sord play with the wii motion plus. It really would be the coolest thing to do proper sord fighting instead of the vague resemblanceof your actions in twilight princess.

NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NormanOfTorn
    Twilight said:
    "We will get a new Zelda. The Zelda team are working on it. I just hope they dont make it for the casual players.

I liked the art style of Twilight Princess so I wish they keep that style. Just make the gameplay awesome and ill be happy!
    "
    Yeah, Twilight, that is exactly what I want to happen with the next Zelda.
    synt4x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By synt4x

I hope they incorporate the MotionPlus somehow.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

It will be titled "WiiZelda," based on Nintendo's latest super creative naming trends.

danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By danguy

As long as it doesn't use motion plus I'll be happy. I don't wanna go out and have to buy a new accessory just to play the game...

Avatar image for twilit_igniter42
    Twilit_Igniter42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Twilit_Igniter42

I think it would be awesome if they used the Link from the original Legend of Zelda and The Adventure of Link.  Make him in his mid-20s or something.  Maybe I'm biased because I'm pushing 30, but I like TP because it had the older, more mature Link and the game had a darker tone to it.  Let's have some tragedies!  Show that Link has a soul and just a automaton out to mindlessly right the wrong.  Have someone close to him (Zelda maybe?) get killed right in front of him and make him hellbent on revenge!  Does that stray from the roots of LoZ?  Yes, but a breath of fresh air wouldn't hurt :)

NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By NormanOfTorn
    BiffMcBlumpkin said:
    "It will be titled "WiiZelda," based on Nintendo's latest super creative naming trends."
    That's a brilliant name! : )
    Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mushir
    Twilit_Igniter42 said:
    "I think it would be awesome if they used the Link from the original Legend of Zelda and The Adventure of Link.  Make him in his mid-20s or something.  Maybe I'm biased because I'm pushing 30, but I like TP because it had the older, more mature Link and the game had a darker tone to it.  Let's have some tragedies!  Show that Link has a soul and just a automaton out to mindlessly right the wrong.  Have someone close to him (Zelda maybe?) get killed right in front of him and make him hellbent on revenge!  Does that stray from the roots of LoZ?  Yes, but a breath of fresh air wouldn't hurt :)
    "
    Awesome! Seriously I would love that!
    Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16  Edited By Termite

I don't think it would change the gameplay THAT much. But some refreshing stuff would be nice

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Black_Rose

I want a more realistic style, like Twilight Princess had. Not that i didn't enjoy WW, but i liked TP much more. Also make the combat gorier, more visceral.

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Will1Lucky
    Black_Rose said:
    "I want a more realistic style, like Twilight Princess had. Not that i didn't enjoy WW, but i liked TP much more. Also make the combat gorier, more visceral. "
    Yeah thats exactly what I want, go on Nintendo push for that M rating we all want you to go for ;).
    DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By DarkLegend

Wind Waker style please.

boxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By boxman

i want something new maybe new era (the furture??)

Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Virago
    griefersstolemykeyboard said:
    "hopefully they will do something cool with their technology, and by that I mean the motion plus. Without totally alienating the loyal Zelda fans, also wind waker graphics please
    "
    the wind waker graphics were so bad, though! It was like playing an eight year-old's TV show.
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By atejas

Purely Wind Waker would be bad, maybe a sort of cel-shaded but not cartoony look.
    Also, adult Link please. There are few things I hate more than having to save the world as a 12-year old.

Avatar image for mario_galaxy_fan
    Mario_Galaxy_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By Mario_Galaxy_Fan

Difficult to say I think Nintendo need to find new ways in keeping Zelda fresh. It showed a bit in Twilight Princess we have been here before because it did feel to similar to Ocarina Of Time.

thebobster10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By thebobster10
    NormanOfTorn said:
    "I hope it doesn't change that much, I hope Nintendo doesn't try to reach out to the casual audience too much with Zelda.
    "

I agree, that would really mess the game up. If they were to do that, then Nintendo would have to be on crack. Nintendo cant change a game thats been meant for a hardcore gamer for almost 20 years.
    NormanOfTorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By NormanOfTorn
    Mario_Galaxy_Fan said:
    "Difficult to say I think Nintendo need to find new ways in keeping Zelda fresh. It showed a bit in Twilight Princess we have been here before because it did feel to similar to Ocarina Of Time."
    That's not really a bad thing, but I see what you're saying.  I wouldn't mind Zelda feeling a little more fresh, but not too much that it is straying too far but I'll let Nintendo handle it, they know what they're doing.
    Mario_Galaxy_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mario_Galaxy_Fan
    NormanOfTorn said:
    "Mario_Galaxy_Fan said:
    "Difficult to say I think Nintendo need to find new ways in keeping Zelda fresh. It showed a bit in Twilight Princess we have been here before because it did feel to similar to Ocarina Of Time."
    That's not really a bad thing, but I see what you're saying.  I wouldn't mind Zelda feeling a little more fresh, but not too much that it is straying too far but I'll let Nintendo handle it, they know what they're doing.
    "
    Thats what I ment you are right we don't want it to be completely fresh that it doesn't feel like a Zelda game it needs add new elements but keep all the best things from certain Zelda games to still make it feel like a Zelda game. Like Super Mario Galaxy it was fresh but it still felt like a Mario game and not something completely different.
    SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SSbabel

You dont wont them totally revamping the game personally id love them to do another wondwaker style zelda that was dope, now with the motion plus controller theres just so much possibilities.

ReLoaDeD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ReLoaDeD

I wouldn't mind another Zelda game with the Wind Waker art style. As long as they don't stray too far from the path, it should turn out to be a good game. Hopefully it will be as big (if not bigger) than Twilight Princess.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29  Edited By Black_Rose
    NormanOfTorn said:
    "Mario_Galaxy_Fan said:
    "

Yeah i agree
    FrozenVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By FrozenVX

To be honest, I really enjoyed the style of Windwaker. The cell shading was really refreshing, and it would be really great if they could bring that back.

HavQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HavQ

I wonder if Link will talk in this one.

Mario_Galaxy_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mario_Galaxy_Fan

It needs to feel like a Zelda game but not to much and it needs to be a little different.

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By epic_pets

zelda windwaker 3....hopefully:)

FrozenVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FrozenVX
    HavQ said:
    "I wonder if Link will talk in this one.
    "
    I really hope that he doesn't talk, because people have got to know him as the Silent Hero. If he was given a voice, people might hate it, or people might love it. It's kinda throwing it all up in the air.
    chazer127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By chazer127

Here is my Idea:
    I want a full blown war against the forces of darkness, I mean why does link have to fight al of the monsters on his own, why cant there be a huge battle with the hyrule army Vs Ganons goons In the middle of hyrule feild and you have to get through it to reach death mountin. Why cant troops patrol the hyrule feild and get into fights while you ride along, why cant there be a new race that help you out. Let Link show emotion when someone dies.
    end of Idea

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By calf_exercises

It will be set in space, and every level will be a different theme galaxy and you have to collect stars to save the princess. Man you should copy right that idea, its awesome

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Relys

I want it to be realistic and not the anime shit in Twilight Princess.

FEWarrior89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By FEWarrior89

As lon as they stay true to the series, nothing can go wrong8)

Also for those who said you didn't want Zelda to be a casual game: suck it up, Wind Waker is a casual game and is a whole lot better than TP (Combat-wise, WW link is a wilder combatant that wolf boy Link) I don't like cell shading and I would prefer a Realistic wiew on things, but since Ninty is going so called "Casual" on us, Cell shaded and crazycombat style dosen't sound so bad:D

FrozenVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FrozenVX
    Relys said:
    "I want it to be realistic and not the anime shit in Twilight Princess.
    "
    I don't understand what you mean by that. Judging by your avatar, you've played Ocarina of time. Twilight Princess was the most similar zelda game  to Ocarina of Time. Windwaker was far from realistic, but it was very fun nonetheless. What, do you want Link walking around the streets of a modern Hyrule City, exploring apartments? I don't understand what you mean by realistic?
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40  Edited By Willy105

It's probably in space, just like Mario Galaxy.

Wind Waker was in the sea, because Mario Sunshine was in the sea.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By ArcBorealis

I got one thing to say on this. It has NOTHING to do with difficulty.

Why did Nintendo make the wiimote? Because it was a simple controller that when applied correctly, anyone could pick it up, start playing, and have fun within a minute. People these days seem to mistake accessible as a term for difficulty. Even if the game's difficulty is easy, just having the controller use EVERY single button or some crap like that, new gamers might be thrown off in confusion. By accessible, Miyamoto means he wants the games to have as little to no learning curve at all, because THAT'S what throws off some people. So, take a look at Phantom Hourglass. It is one of those games that pretty much requires the use of the touch screen, and very little buttons. That game has a simple control scheme, but it still has the feel of Zelda. In other words, it's whats called a bridge game (mario galaxy and mario kart wii fall into the same category).

Plus, a change is a bit necessary. The 3D games after OoT haven't really brought anything groundbreaking thus far.

If anyone would like to see my theory on how the next Zelda game could work, while being "reinovated", check my blog. I have atleast two blog posts mentioning it.

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Earthbounder

I really don`t know how they could change it. I guess that`s one of the reasons I`m not a game producer.
    But I am hoping for something with the cell-shaded look of The Wind Waker and some heavy character interaction like Majora`s Mask.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Homer

I think they should just call it Zelda.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Well they need to keep the game adult art style like twilight princess, and they need to make it more maturely themed this is an adventure game it needs to have a lil more danger, and possible death, and love and hate and such in it.
    The whole love scenario between midna and link was a great contrast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.