Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Windjammers

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 17, 1994

Two athletes are pitted against each other in a grueling battle of special abilities, mind games, and throwing discs. It will blow you away.

Chicago-land Windjammers Throwdown?

the_messenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

I have it sitting in my Neo Geo cab, has been there for years just waiting for all-comers to get wild!

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Go on...

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

So... I have had a bizarre fascination with Windjammers ever since I saw a 3 picture preview in an old issue of Gamepro, like 20years ago. It looked like a game I would love to play, but back then I didn't know of anyone who HAD a neogeo. Not even the arcade had one.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Also, has anyone made the comparison that windjammes is basically air hockey?

the_messenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jazgalaxy I've always thought it compared more to some kind of Frisbee tennis, since you can catch the disc, as opposed to air hockey where it's never supposed to stop in theory. The similarities are definitely there though, since it's all about the angles.

I have 4 arcade machines, and I always want to get more use out of them, but obviously it's not so easy to just invite random forum members over for an arcade party. I've had visions of just getting a keg, charging everyone 5-10 bucks and going nuts, but obviously this could be a recipe for disaster. Maybe I need to have a meetup first, at Headquarters Bacade or something?

TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If this becomes reality, PM me. I'm D-O-W-N.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By YoThatLimp

I have it sitting in my Neo Geo cab, has been there for years just waiting for all-comers to get wild!

mememememme

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.