Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Windjammers

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 17, 1994

Two athletes are pitted against each other in a grueling battle of special abilities, mind games, and throwing discs. It will blow you away.

Playing Windjammers online with FightCade

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By takua108

If you're like me, you've been playing Windjammers with your friends locally for a couple years now, but: did you know there's totally a magical place on the Internet where you can play Windjammers online? I didn't either!

If you download FightCade and give it your Windjammers and Neo-Geo BIOS ROMs, you too can totally play the greatest eSport of all time against people all over the world. If playing competitive games online scares you (as it does me): everyone has been incredibly friendly, probably because they're just happy to have people to play Windjammers with. A couple of guys there are trying to get some just-for-fun tournaments going at some point, too.

Challenge me if I'm in the Windjammers channel and not marked as Away! My username there is adamrezich.

Remember: it is against the rules to link to or discuss how to obtain copyrighted materials. I asked the mods before posting this thread and they said it was cool, as long as everyone keeps this in mind.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Yeah sure you can play online, but the majority of players are French and ungodly good at the game...

JamTheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By JamTheWind

I'm one of the people who have been trying to get (roughly biweekly) NA tournaments going. I play as fireball, and will play literally anyone who wants a few games.

Bracket Links from tourneys so far:
    http://jamthewind.challonge.com/pie/
    http://jamthewind.challonge.com/TBF

Youtube Vods of streams:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ6dYls-JtU
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t49qhdovr0o

I will post info on the next tourney soon. I suppose I'll post it here as well. Tourneys are open to everyone in NA who can play on fightcade.

velvetrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By velvetrose

The US community on Fightcade has been slowly growing recently.

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea I got fightcade to play street fighter, but as soon as I noticed Windjammers was on there I played that a bunch online with my friends (and a few French people) as well. It does suck when you think you score and then the netcode rolls back and you aren't ready for the return, but it's still pretty amazing how well it works over the internet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.