Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Windjammers

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 17, 1994

Two athletes are pitted against each other in a grueling battle of special abilities, mind games, and throwing discs. It will blow you away.

Windjammers is out today!

Demonsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Demonsoul

on the PS4

I hope the Giant Bomb dudes stream a bunch of Windjammers today. Maybe West vs East to test out the net code?

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By gkhan

Ah, shit, just got to work, now I'm gonna have to suffer through an entire work-day before i can JAM

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Not showing up in the US store for me. Is there a time PSN is updated with new releases?

ascagnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ascagnel

It just showed up on the US store about half an hour ago. I haven't been able to quick match (on Vita, FWIW), but I did do a quick run-through (on easy), and it seems fine compared to my local arcade.

EDIT: Just played a quick match. Took about 3 minutes to match up (not surprising since its lunchtime on the east coast and the game hasn't been out for an hour), but the lag was terrible. HOWEVER, my opponent had a French-sounding username, so that may have been lag that no amount of netcode can compensate for.

HibikiRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Having major issues trying to get into games online. Usually it'll error out after the stage select and take me to a win screen. Just not had the music cut out randomly too.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By InternetDotCom

going to keep searching the word netcode to see if I can buy this or stick to *cough* other means *cough* of playing Windjammers online

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#7  Edited By reverendhunt

This is actually my first time playing Windjammers and I gotta say I can see why it's so well-loved!

coreymw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I've played a handful of ranked and casual matches. I love this game (never played before). I had one match that lagged a bit, but no other issues.

Is there a place to share PSN names to play? Or a GB PSN group to join for this?

FourBranches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FourBranches

@hibikirush said:

Having major issues trying to get into games online. Usually it'll error out after the stage select and take me to a win screen. Just not had the music cut out randomly too.

This is the exact issue I've been having. I've tried all day and have probably been queued up with 20-30 different opponents and every single time it ends this way.

Really frustrating that it's ostensibly this broken.

EDIT: Though, all of the single/local modes have felt pretty good so at the very least it's a functioning port of the game.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Not tried it today but online seemed borked for me also yesterday. I got into 2 matches, everything else errored out.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know if this has cross play between Vita and PS4?

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Quipido

Actually it's too much money for this one, I'll stick to watching the GB coverage.

therias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fourbranches said:

This is the exact issue I've been having. I've tried all day and have probably been queued up with 20-30 different opponents and every single time it ends this way.

Really frustrating that it's ostensibly this broken.

EDIT: Though, all of the single/local modes have felt pretty good so at the very least it's a functioning port of the game.

I was also having this issue, but after setting port forwards on my router for all of PSN's ports I stopped seeing games drop after choosing characters. I don't know whether or not that was purely luck or the actual fix, but I didn't experience another matchmaking drop the rest of the night.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only new thing is the online right? And that doesn't work? Wow

FourBranches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therias: Good to hear that there's a potential fix; I'll definitely be trying this when I get home from work tonight and post back with my results.

Although I have no idea what port-forwarding a router is or what it entails, haha. I'm sure I can figure it out.

oopprraahh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Stopped the podcast after hearing it was out. Been playing online since. I am not good but happy to be playing. Seeing that "Revenge" anination is great.

FourBranches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FourBranches

Welp, got distracted with other things and couldn't troubleshoot this. Guess I'll try again at some point after I get back from PAX.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

the question is, will Jeff review it?

Avatar image for deactivated-61f8244d70470
    deactivated-61f8244d70470

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I've had the drop outs after character selection, but when a match goes through it has been really smooth for me, no noticeable lag at all of the 10-15 matches I've played.

Small pool of players though, but I kind of expected that of a game this old.

xkkzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@therias said:

I was also having this issue, but after setting port forwards on my router for all of PSN's ports I stopped seeing games drop after choosing characters. I don't know whether or not that was purely luck or the actual fix, but I didn't experience another matchmaking drop the rest of the night.

Thanks, I was having an issue where 100% of my matches started up, hung on a black screen, and then failed.

Turns out my roommate had forwarded port 3478 and some other ports to his PC for some other game... I deleted the NAT rules and now I can jam! Mostly, at least, I still have issues joining with people like 20% of the time, but that's probably due to some other weird NAT/firewall problems on their end. Networking for this game might be a bit picky.

therias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xkkzz said:

Thanks, I was having an issue where 100% of my matches started up, hung on a black screen, and then failed.

Turns out my roommate had forwarded port 3478 and some other ports to his PC for some other game... I deleted the NAT rules and now I can jam! Mostly, at least, I still have issues joining with people like 20% of the time, but that's probably due to some other weird NAT/firewall problems on their end. Networking for this game might be a bit picky.

I'm glad it worked out for you! I didn't have any port forwarding going on internally that should have interacted with my PS4. I've seen a couple games here and there dropping at the character select screen since fixing up my own network settings in comparison to 0 successes beforehand. I'd probably agree that there's something extremely picky about the what port(s) it really needs to run the game.

Pretty unfortunate it doesn't just work normally out the box, but I'm just happy to get some games in now.

Demonsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Demonsoul

I'm playing this game locally with my daughter and we both love this game to death! I haven't tried the online so I'm not sure how good the netcode is. But I can say that the local 2 player mode is pure gold.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I'm playing this game locally with my daughter and we both love this game to death! I haven't tried the online so I'm not sure how good the netcode is. But I can say that the local 2 player mode is pure gold.

That's great to hear! I'm firing it up with the wife tonight so we'll see how it goes!

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Just a PSA letting you guys know it's now on sale again, but this time for $3.74 ($1.50 if you have plus)!

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This may sound weird, but thinking about Windjammers makes me miss Alexis.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.