Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Windows Phone

Platform »

A now-discontinued smartphone OS made by Microsoft, which had built-in integration with Xbox Live and other services.

Microsoft announces 14 new Xbox Live titles (+ new features)

danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By danguy

Microsoft today announced some new features coming out for Xbox Live on Windows Phone, and 14 new games!

• Avatar Awardables: Like achievements—but wearable. Once unlocked, these items will automatically appear in your avatar closet and can be worn on your avatar’s sleeve as a badge of honor. “Chickens Can’t Fly,a forthcoming Xbox LIVE release, will be among the first titles to feature them.
    • Game Add-ons: In the Xbox LIVE title “Beards & Beaks," players can purchase extra mushrooms and other items from within the game using Microsoft Points. In the months ahead, keep your eyes out for more titles in Marketplace that let you buy in-game add-ons and downloadable content like extra weapons or levels.
    • Parental Controls: The next release of Windows Phone gives parents more control of what content their child can access on Windows Phone, including M-rated (Mature) games. The first M-rated Windows Phone title,Splinter Cell: Conviction,” is scheduled to arrive in the Marketplace later this fall.
    • Fast Async: A new Xbox LIVE service coming this fall that improves gameplay for multiplayer, turn-by-turn (or asynchronous) Windows Phone games.

Today the Xbox team also unveiled 14 great new Xbox LIVE titles coming to Windows Phone in the months ahead:

• “Beards & Beaks: Cave Area” The turf war between gnomes and crows moves to the cave with 15 challenging new levels and where a new gnome ally and new enemies await.
    • “Bug Village” Build and nurture a colony of active ants and busy bees. Construct homes to attract playful bugs and direct them to the garden, where they can gather resources to expand your village. Small is beautiful in bug village.

• “Burn the Rope” Burn as much rope as you can in this challenging puzzle game. The catch? Fire only burns upwards. So you’ll have to madly tilt and turn your phone to keep the flame alive.
    • “Chickens Can’t Fly” You’re a corporate scientist assigned to see what chickens are capable of, answering critical questions such as: Is there life after the butcher? Are chickens afraid of ghosts? Does frozen chicken get dizzy?

• “Collapse!” The blockbusting, color-matching excitement of “Collapse!” returns with award-winning gameplay, all-new customizable characters, and fantastic new foes.
    • “Gravity Guy” In a world where gravity laws were broken, a brave guy was held captive for defying the rules. Not happy, he decided to escape. Your job: guide him through a world of impossible mazes, flipping gravity at will.

• “Farm Frenzy 2” If you think the big city is crazy, wait until you get a load of country life. Manage a wild and wacky farm by growing grass, feeding chickens, collecting eggs and taking your produce to market.
    • “Fight Game Rivals” Become the king of kings among tournament fighters around the world. Enter different tournaments on distinct locations, earn credits and unlock devastating attacks and skills.

• “IonballEX”  Amodern twist on a classic Breakout-style game, all delivered in a unique steampunk style.
    • “Kinectimals Mobile” Play with, care for, and fall in love with your very own Kinectimal cub. The hit Xbox 360 game comes to Windows Phone.

• “Mush” This puzzle platformer (and Windows Phone exclusive) gives you control over how your character feels. Change their emotions by drawing smiles and sad faces, and by rotating or shaking the phone.
    • “Orbital” An addictive puzzle game that challenges you to destroy as many orbs as possible.

• “TextTwist 2” From Game House, creators of “Bounce Out” and “Collapse!”, comes a more cerebral challenge: How many words can you form in two-and-a-half minutes with a handful of random letters? Figure out the combination with the most letters and move to the next level.
    • “Toy Soldiers Boot Camp” Wage war on a tiny scale with four fun and addictive shooting gallery mini-games from “Toy Soldiers: Cold War”.
    Source: Windows Blog

Which ones will you be picking up?

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By EuanDewar

"Burn the Rope".

Lost my fucking shit.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Slaker117

Oh, "Xbox Live" now means "Windows Phone 7". Suddenly I'm way less interested.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Dingofighter

How can they be Kinectimals without Kinect!?

This goes against all my deepest beliefs! How could you do this Microsoft!?

So, yeah, more games are always good, right?

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

I have high hopes for the Windows phones, maybe in a year or two if they get better I will switch.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By zombie2011

I really want a windows phone, i've been rocking the Iphone for too long and i hate giving Apple anymore money. 

critthreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By critthreat

Kinectimals MOBILE?!?!? omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg!!!!!

danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By danguy
    @Slaker117 said:
    Oh, "Xbox Live" now means "Windows Phone 7". Suddenly I'm way less interested.
    Look what forum it's in, buddy.
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By Slaker117
    @DanGuy: I know. Doesn't change what I said.
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Three0neFive

So basically a bunch of iPhone games.

Color me unimpressed.

Redsox44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Redsox44

Most likely won't buy any of these games, but I gotta say windows phone is awesome! I've had an HTC Arrive for a month now and even though its not as  fully featured as android and iOS( yet ), I think it's better than those two were in their beginnings. Plus the interface is so pretty and smooth just like a phone should be. I think people are turned off from windows phone 7 because of how simple it looks, I guess it gives the impression to people that its not as advanced as android.  

Anyway excited for the mango update next month. And I hope microsoft puts some good marketing out there to get people interested during the holidays this year. 'Cause damn my shopping experience for windows phone was shit. Went to best buy and when I asked for the arrive the freaking lady looked at me like I'm crazy "are you suure you want that phone? Have u seen the EVO?" No I don't want an EVO stupid lady stop bugging me and give me an Arrive. I just want windows phone to have a bigger presence in stores, right now there like pushed off to the side and forgotten about. That's what i get for being an early adopter.

Ok i'm finished letting out my feelings lol. Some of those games look like some good fun, maybe i'll buy one if not only for some extra achievement points.  

Dont know why the middle paragraph is bolded, can't seem to change it back. Weird.
    danguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By danguy

I would like to see Trials and Viva Pinata on WP

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Samaritan

There's something oddly appealing about a 3rd party "announcing" upcoming high-profile games on a mobile platform. With iOS, games just come out and you kind of have to do some digging to know what just came out. It'd be kind of nice if Apple worked a little closer with game developers on the iDevices to say "Hey guys, here's what's coming out in the month of...".

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.