Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WipEout HD

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 25, 2008

The futuristic racing and combat of the Wipeout universe makes its first PlayStation 3 appearance as a downloadable game on PlayStation Network.

Beaten Zico yet?

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

Gold Trophy - Beat Zico - Equal or beat the lap time of 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass (Forward), Speed Lap.

Anyone got within even a second of this yet? It's impossible. I hate you Zico.

Jigen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jigen

I've gotten within a second, but that second seems impossible to do better.

Here's a few tips :

When doing a lap, use the boost item RIGHT BEFORE you finish the lap, that way the next lap will be extra fast & you'll still have a boost.
    I typically use the boost right at the first big dip that goes to the right & down, that way I can do the somersault & get a boost from that when I land, I usually land on a boost pad right there as well.
    Finally I take the high road, get all 4 boosts but immediately drop down, do a somersault & hit the boost below before the end of the track.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By chililili

Here's another thread discussing this:
    http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/wipeout-hd/2300-beat-zico-trophy.html

Its pretty damn hard and I don't know if I will ever achieve it but I will be working to put this on the guide that I did here.

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nets

How do you see the top of the leaderboards? Because I hear only 2 people have gotten this trophy so far. As far as I know, I can only see my global time/ranking (bunched with a few other people) and not the top person.

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nets

Nevermind, I found out.

My time is 32.6 by the way. I just managed to get a few double barrel rolls, but weren't associated with my 32.6 lap time.

Shasam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Shasam
    Nets said:
    "Nevermind, I found out.

My time is 32.6 by the way. I just managed to get a few double barrel rolls, but weren't associated with my 32.6 lap time."
    I have a similar time, but I can't get anywhere near to Trophy speed and probably never will. There's obviously a certain level of nuance to being able to hit that kind of lap time.
    Christopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Christopper
    matashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By matashi

I haven't worked on beating Zico too much yet, but I found some interesting stuff on youtube. There's some crazy barrel roll action you can do on that track.

Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRrYasoPHCw&feature=related

sloppyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By sloppyjoe

I got it.  Took somewhere in 120-150 laps after beating the game (what I mean is that I was good at the game already and knew the map before I started).

You gotta get 4 barrel rolls, and they are at specific spots.  Kind of hard to hit that third one.  And stay inside on every corner to shave off time.  The first corner with three pads isn't necessarily better than just two of the pads + staying inside on the corner.  You also must save your boost to the very end of the track so you can use it and gain a new one right as you cross the finish.  Kinda tough to do the double boost and land in the middle of the track but you can get it eventually.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By get2sammyb
    sloppyjoe said:
    "I got it.  Took somewhere in 120-150 laps after beating the game (what I mean is that I was good at the game already and knew the map before I started).You gotta get 4 barrel rolls, and they are at specific spots.  Kind of hard to hit that third one.  And stay inside on every corner to shave off time.  The first corner with three pads isn't necessarily better than just two of the pads + staying inside on the corner.  You also must save your boost to the very end of the track so you can use it and gain a new one right as you cross the finish.  Kinda tough to do the double boost and land in the middle of the track but you can get it eventually."
    Well done. An update 7 months on - I still haven't gotten it.

I kinda gave up.
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AuthenticM

Just got it not long ago. My time: 30.68s.

I had to do 5 barrel rolls to get it. Yes, five.

That's what I did (no, it's not me in the video):

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.