Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WipEout HD

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 25, 2008

The futuristic racing and combat of the Wipeout universe makes its first PlayStation 3 appearance as a downloadable game on PlayStation Network.

Buying a PS3 for this game

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoelTGM

I love Wipeout, I love it.  Looking through the screenshots and knowing I will never see it on my tv screen, I was actually really pissed off and cursing.  This a full complete game and not some mini arcade thing, right?  Argh, I can't see myself going out and spending 400 or 500 whatever dollars just like that though... I'm very very frustrated, I want to play this!

elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By elbow

It's fun, lots of fun. I've never played a Wipeout game in my life, but I can see why soo many people love.

KiddSushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By KiddSushi

It's a full game.

You get online multiplayer and global rankings. Then there are like eight grids in the campaign mode, each with a bunch of events. There's some other mode called "Racebox" that I haven't gotten a chance to mess around with yet. Plus, you can take photos from the game, upload them to your PC (I use a USB drive), and post your sweet pictures online!
    nakke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By nakke

It's a full game, but with reused content. Though there will be new tracks, ships etc to download in the future.

yellownumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By yellownumber5

Compared to the PSP versions its actually 2/3 what is offered in those as far as gameplay, but 6/3 in detail.  I have loved Wipeout since XL and I still love HD.  Liverpool does everything right when it comes to Wipeout.  It's not a full game, but pretty damn close.  20$ US is an awesome price, if even just to see this game on your HD monitor if you aren't even into the series.

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Nets

Get some other games as well. Buying a PS3 for 400$ or so for this is kinda dumb. Yes, WipEout HD is AMAZING, but it's not worth your 400$ purchase. PS3 is getting a great library of games.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Jackel2072

Im downloading now! excited i have been waiting for this game for a really really long time!

am_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By am_dragon

I just bought a PS3 for this game... Well this and Tekken.  So far I'm very happy, although I hope they have new tracks to offer soon.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By get2sammyb

Dude to be honest it is a full game. I've spent 15 hours in there so far and I still have TONS left to unlock.

Plus Studio Liverpool are bound to put out some new gamepacks along the way.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Snail

Yes it is great, you should also get LBP and MGS4 if you're buying a PS3 because of only one game. Just so you can make good use of it.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mike
    Snail said:
    "

Yes it is great, you should also get LBP and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction or Uncharted: Drake's Fortune if you're buying a PS3 because of only one game. Just so you can make good use of it.

"
    There we go.  =P

I also followed that same advice about MGS4.  Not being a longtime fan of the series, I found the game to be boring and unplayable.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Snail
    MB said:
    "Snail said:
    "

Yes it is great, you should also get LBP and Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction or Uncharted: Drake's Fortune if you're buying a PS3 because of only one game. Just so you can make good use of it.

"
    There we go.  =P

I also followed that same advice about MGS4.  Not being a longtime fan of the series, I found the game to be boring and unplayable."
    Yeah, it is boring for newcomers to the series.

I think Ratchet and Clank has been improving very little over the years and Uncharted is more of a mix between Gears and Tomb Raider. Good games though.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By mike

I guess I lucked out since I never played any of the previous Ratchet & Clank games!  Hehe. 

Uncharted is certainly derivative, but I still think it's fun.  I'm still only about halfway through it, I think...I just couldn't think of any other PS3 exclusive titles that are already out to recommend. 

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Snail

Valhyria Chronicles sounds promising (it's not out though). You should try the demo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.