• 76 results
    void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By void

I hadn't really heard of any issues with this game. All reviews were positive, or so maybe they were all just reviewing the PS4 version?

This has been crashing and freezing a lot for me. Anyone else having problems with the PC version?

All advice says to update the graphics drivers, but I feel like it's the "latest drivers" that is causing it in the first place. For example, DOOM on Vulkan worked like a charm on the hardware and it's based on the same engine.

I'm running this with a gtx 980 ti, 388.13 driver.

Update 12/30/2017:

I decided to give this game a second chance. Lo and behold, it works! Just finished the game with zero issues encountered. Performance was excellent.

No idea what ultimately fixed it, but probably a combination of patches to OS, drivers, and game. The OS and driver version that is currently working for me: Windows 10 1709 (16299.125), Geforce 388.59 driver.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Yeah, I definitely had some freezing during my play through. If I let it idle in the menu, it would crash after 7ish minutes, every time. It was crashing during cutscenes and gameplay constantly if I had my GPU overclock enabled, which is stable in almost every other game.

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctordonkey: I don't have any overlocking on neither GPU nor CPU. My game crashes also when I pause the game, and freezes when it tries to reload the level.

As long as I don't die or pause everything is fine. Maybe that's why even the normal difficulty is too hard for most peope, they want you to play on the easiest so you don't die ;-)

Darth-Malum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Darth-Malum

I can either play in 720p or 4K, if I put it on any other resolution the game crashes! It just bugs me, I may as well have bought it for console!

Oh and if I have vsync on, during anything prerendered, so cutscenes, load screens, the intros when I boot the game up, I have a massive flickering black bar through the middle of the screen

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You're 100% correct.

ds9143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No issues so long as I keep it in borderless windowed mode. Full screen gives me some weird zoom bug, unless I keep it at 1080p (my native resolution is 1440p).

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void said:

I hadn't really heard of any issues with this game. All reviews were positive, or so maybe they were all just reviewing the PS4 version?

I noticed there are quite a few reports of technical problems in Steam reviews, but I wasn't sure how seriously to take them since there's a lot of politically-motivated negative review spam for this game.

FWIW, I played through the whole game with no issues whatsoever on the 388.0.0 drivers.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

8 hours in, 0 freezes/crashes.

i7 4770

gtx 1080

16gb ram

windows 10

WezqApe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WezqApe

I've also had zero crashes or other funky stuff so far on my pc (Ryzen 5 1600X, RX 480, 16gb, WIN 10). Resolution 1920x1080 with medium-high settings.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By qrdl

It always crashed after alt-tabbing until I switched to borderless window. Other than that, nothing.

Also, I'm pretty sure it didn't crash at all UNTIL I updated the drivers, but it wouldn't let me launch without them on Tuesday.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

I had crashes, the beta patch fixed that and i think that beta patch got pushed to everyone, but i still have crazy graphical artifacts, like having crazy polygons speouting from certain objects in game, and black dots appearing in the skybox...

sasnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sasnake

No issues what so ever, runs smooth as can be for me.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have had a weird issue on PS4. If I pause the game, after a while the menu starts flickering. It doesn’t happen if I use the map menu and it’s definitely not my tv because it doesn’t happen with any other game.

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

over 10 hours I crashed twice. Once trying to get into perks menu, once stuck in arcade cabinet menu.

Viqor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had several crashes (i7 4790k and AMD Fury, 1440p) and a couple of instances of graphical glitches in the skybox. It's annoying, but certainly not game breaking. On the other hand the game runs much better than The New Order. I'll trade a few crashes for 100fps performance pretty much any day.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShaggE

@pompouspizza said:

I have had a weird issue on PS4. If I pause the game, after a while the menu starts flickering. It doesn’t happen if I use the map menu and it’s definitely not my tv because it doesn’t happen with any other game.

Weird, I have the same or similar thing on PC. It's like it's triggering the occasional "blur" effect that the menus do, except it's not rendering right and just cutting to black.

Other than that, only two crashes so far for me. Once when picking up a gold collectible in a side mission, and once out of the blue while scaling stairs on Venus, although I can't rule out that the second crash wasn't the fault of another program.

All in all, I think it runs fantastically for a modern game fresh out the gate.

magicflounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No crashes or freezing so far, but did have skyboxes turn into black voids in 2 levels. Specifically the opening of the Manhattan mission at the docks, and the final outdoors section before you get the ODIN codes on Venus.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Everything running smooth on 'Mein Leben' settings @1080p and the gameplay is even more fun than New Order, THOUGH when I Alt-Tab the game freezes and I can't alt-tab back into it, something I don't remember being the case for New Order or Old Blood. Thankfully the steam overlay works well.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I had surprising performance issues when using VSync. After turning it off, the game has ran at mostly over 100 FPS on Ultra settings on my GTX 1060.

In my maybe 3 hours of playing, I've already had two crashes though.

Radish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I had no problems until they made me update my video drivers two days ago and then I got lots of lock ups and skybox errors.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@radish said:

I had no problems until they made me update my video drivers two days ago and then I got lots of lock ups and skybox errors.

Same. The game now also crashes for me if I alt-tab to a different window, which it wasn't doing before.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bybeach

@pompouspizza said:

That's on purpose? Mine does the same on pc.

One freeze.

Maybe 2 times the blue loading circle persisting in the game. This has stopped.

One time (yesterday evening) loading kept crashing to even start the game, till I picked the option of Safe-mode. Next time several hours later it loaded normally. I was able to Safe-mode by starting the game in Steam.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BrockNRolla

Early, it was a nightmare. Changing the resolution crashed the game. Changing the AA hardlocked my computer and caused it to restart. Screen tearing was rampant despite having Vsync on. The performance was generally bad.

However, all of this was fixed by one setting. I changed from Full Screen to Borderless Windowed (Shut off Vsync as a result). Now, everything seems to work just fine. Have played for hours without issue beyond some rare graphical glitches (Seems related to rare instances of reflections or skyboxes).

I have a 1080, but I'm running all High with a couple Uber, 4k, probably around 90fps most of the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
    deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only time I had issues was during the end credits when I tried to use the Steam overlay and it froze on me. I also had some trouble getting my resolution to scale properly, but I fixed it by messing with some settings in Windows.
    Other than that I did not experience any crashes or freezing. I guess I was lucky because I've seen a lot of people describing technical issues in the Steam reviews and forums.

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By fatalbanana

I'm one of the people that have had zero issues with the game. I'm only a couple hours in but smooth sailing so far.

RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah I've been having issues where the game will just totally freeze every few minutes, has basically made the game unplayable for me until a patch comes out.

chrispaul92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finished it last night and didn't have any issues.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

New Order was a nightmare for me but now after upgrading my entire pc New Colossus has been running flawlessly. I guess I lucked into the proper hardware combo.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only have a gtx 1050 4gb with an intergraded 640 intel gpu as well

12gb of ram with a core i7 7700 2.8ghz quad care

Even If I turn everything off and put it to 720 frame drops are constant (drops from 60fps to 40) and It wouldn't even run while my integrated gpu was enabled until the latest patch.Ive also gotten full on crashes too

I really wish I would have gotten the ps4 version

flakmunkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By flakmunkey

I have an i5 4690K with 16GB ram and a 1080 and the game will be running great at 1440p/144fps until it randomly hits a load it doesn't like and the whole damn thing locks up. I find this to be replaceable if I die just after an auto-save triggered by the end of a cutscene (a perfect example of this is the courtroom dream sequence where you have the big shootout just after a cutscene where you are tried and sentenced to death) it is a near guarantee that the game will lock up trying to load that save. Because of this I have become a madman about manual saves but that doesn't make it any less frustrating and inconvenient.

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It crashes on me every time I tab out.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By bybeach

I just now changed the settings safe-mode gave me (full screen/1080, everything else the same, high)) to 1440 borderless, and it is doable. But it just froze trying to exit. Not very robust. Waiting a week or so for the dev's to patch this game would have been the mature move. Not with me though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT-And now crashed so bad I couldn't use task manager, I had to re-start.. I'm thinking of just using the safe-mode settings, it's really just using 1080.

The game is great still, despite.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By geirr

No technical issues, stable 60fps at Über settings, running W10, 2nd gen i5, 32gb RAM, gtx970.

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By void

I tried running the game in safe mode. Second time playing the game froze instantly for me again as soon as I died in the game... What the hell ??

Edit: Loaded it up a third time to test this out. Boom! Instant freeze 100% on every death in the game. This is insane! It even "hard froze" for me in that I couldn't even get anything to render on top to use the cmd prompt or the task manager (mouse not working). I somehow got the windows menu up to log out, in order to force quit the game.

Edit 2: For some reason, my game had corrupted data files on disk. Solved the freezing issue by doing a verification check on the data files through Steam. Huh, first time in the history of Steam I've ever had to do that ...

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It crashes every time I alt+tab out of it. It also randomly crashes when coming out of cutscenes and doesn't seem to save my mouse sensitivity settings. Runs very well other than that.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I didn't even manage to get it to start until last night; I've been trying since Friday. Eventually I managed to get past the options screen by shutting off my secondary monitor. Not great so far! Hopefully the newest Nvidia drivers and turning off that monitor will let me get started on it tonight, but definitely a bit disappointing so far.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, strange to see.

I'm running all Uber in my i5 and 970 and everythings completely stable. It's like the best performance I've gotten out of recent PC releases.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#38  Edited By JJWeatherman

Weird. No issues here so far. I have an OC'd i5, just 8 gigs of RAM, and a GTX 1070 w/ latest drivers.

@efesell said:

Yeah, strange to see.

I'm running all Uber in my i5 and 970 and everythings completely stable. It's like the best performance I've gotten out of recent PC releases.

Same. I cranked it as far as it'd let me on a 1070 and it seems flawless. I'm impressed.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ichthy

I've had four crashes so far. A couple were from alt-tabbing and not being able to return to the game, one was a hard lock-up which just black-screened, and the other was just a Windows error of some sort. Other than that, game runs pretty well.

steevl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By steevl

Almost all my crashes were from alt-tabbing. I've also had the mouse cursor appear (as the spinny "loading" symbol) when I accidentally brought up the console by hitting the tilde key.

I also had some skybox issues, although fortunately they only happened to me during assassination missions instead of the proper game missions.

Finished it after about 22 hours because I am slow and read everything.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Make sure that you have the latest Nvidia driver, there's a new one after the hotfix that fixed the issues I had.

After the patch it ran flawlessly for me on it's highest settings.

Mr_Shufu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that's been unstable for me is the camera. and the fucking patch broke the work around somebody found.

cat_herder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I couldn't get it to run for more than 15 seconds at a time before it would crash on me.

Was running the recent driver (388.13); my system has a i7-4770K, GTX 1060, and 16GB RAM so I thought I was good on the specs. Keeping an eye on the news for this because although I really want to play it I straight up can't for now.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BradBrains

@rorie said:

I didn't even manage to get it to start until last night; I've been trying since Friday. Eventually I managed to get past the options screen by shutting off my secondary monitor. Not great so far! Hopefully the newest Nvidia drivers and turning off that monitor will let me get started on it tonight, but definitely a bit disappointing so far.

They did release a hotfix that may help though it seems hit and miss

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4575/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-388.10

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just came here to make a post about how wonderful it runs. :(

This is disappointing to hear so many people are having issues. Did anyone having problems also have issues with Doom 2016 (also id Tech 6)?

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Hayt

Yeah my only bug has been alt tabbing related and skyboxes on misty District maps. Bummer to hear other peoples experience suffer because this game is doooooooooope.

Edit: running all Mein Leben in Win10 GTX 980ti and i5 4690k

void

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the most bizzare problem I've had with any game. I was trying to debug the issues with crashes and freezing and hoping the developer console would tell me more what's going on. It ended up corrupting my save game, and also the corrupted save was synchronized to the Steam cloud, so now I can't even play anymore because it keeps downloading the corrupted save.

My only option was to refund the game! (Or so I thought. Is there any way to delete cloud saves? )

pkmango7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Runs just fine on 3570k and 1060 at 1080p, mix of High/Ultra, borderless window, motion blur off. Framerate still dips in large outdoor areas, but surprisingly smooth otherwise.

A few crash fixes I've seen floating around:

• Turn off Async computing in advanced options (this fixed my initial crashes)
    • Check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" under Compatibility in launch settings.
    RockyRaccoon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pkmango7: I heard the same thing about turning off Async Computing but for some weird reason I don't have that as an option in advanced video settings. I can see it listed in the GeForce Experience app when I look at optimised settings but of course that doesn't let me adjust settings manually there. Really weird.

Will try running it in windowed borderless tonight and see if that helps.

Radish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bbalpert said:

@radish said:

Same. The game now also crashes for me if I alt-tab to a different window, which it wasn't doing before.

Yeah I have this exact same issue as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.