Sounds like the team behind Youngblood heard some of the criticism about the game and have announced a couple of upcoming patches:
The team at Machine Games has been working on adding a pause function for Offline mode, as well as fixing several issues that players have encountered with achieving 100% game completion. We are targeting this update for LATER THIS WEEK on PC.
You can read the full patch notes for 1.0.4 below.
In our 1.0.5 update, we are working to address a host of game difficulty and progression issues based on your feedback. This includes:
- Additional checkpoints
- Difficulty adjustments across the board, especially in boss fights
- Addressing the feeling some players have expressed that some enemies feel like “bullet sponges”
- Adding additional ammo throughout the game
- An option to toggle enemy health bars on/off
- Making it easier to get 100% game completion
Please stay tuned for more specifics and timing of this update soon! Be sure to follow us @ Wolfenstein on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest news.
All of this makes it a bit more likely that I'll get through and actually beat the game. Glad I held off a bit as all of this sounds like decent QOL kind of stuff.