Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wolfenstein

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 18, 2009

B.J. Blazkowicz returns, guns blazing, to stop the Nazis from harnessing the power of an alternate dimension known as the Black Sun.

Are nazi games good?

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kmdrkul

Killing Nazi's is always fun.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
    OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
    @kmdrkul said:
    "Killing Nazi's is always fun. "

I have too agree on that one.
    beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By beargirl1
    @OutOfBounds9000 said:
    " @kmdrkul said:
    I have too agree on that one. "
    oh yes 
    flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By flaminghobo
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @OutOfBounds9000 said:
    " @kmdrkul said:
    oh yes  "

Ooooooh Yes!
    Ooooooh Yes!
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn

As long as your killing the nazi's yes, if you just happen to be a nazi, no
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf

Most are.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By fr0br0

*Inglorious Basterds quote*

EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By EdIsCool
    @Mikemcn said:
    " As long as your killing the nazi's yes, if you just happen to be a nazi, no "
    Actually a game in which you play a middle ranking nazi, and balance pleasing hitler with acquiring wealth and paintings for yourself without getting caught up in the Nuremburg trials...sorry I'd like to play that game.
    Zaerus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zaerus
    @EdIsCool said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    Actually a game in which you play a middle ranking nazi, and balance pleasing hitler with acquiring wealth and paintings for yourself without getting caught up in the Nuremburg trials...sorry I'd like to play that game. "
    i'd have to double that. it'd be interresting to see these games from both sides in a single player mode.
    I'm sure someone can come up with somekind of Valkyre like storyline that most of the world wouldn't trip over.
    torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By torus
    @Fr0Br0 said:
    " *Inglorious Basterds quote* "

Mah bidness is killin' gnatsies, and bidness is boomin'.
    SlowHands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By SlowHands
    @Zaerus said:
    " @EdIsCool said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    Actually a game in which you play a middle ranking nazi, and balance pleasing hitler with acquiring wealth and paintings for yourself without getting caught up in the Nuremburg trials...sorry I'd like to play that game. "
    i'd have to double that. it'd be interresting to see these games from both sides in a single player mode. I'm sure someone can come up with somekind of Valkyre like storyline that most of the world wouldn't trip over. "
    I'm going to have to triple that(!?).  A world war two game from a Nazi's perspective is a neat idea, and surely the press would have a field day with it, helping along with the marketing.
    Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cornman89

No, I personally don't mess with Nazi-killing games too much. There's quite a bit of oversaturation there... although I can certainly understand the reason they show up in so many games. The European theatre of WWII was (arguably) the last morally unambiguous Western war, and Nazis the last morally unambiguous enemy force. They can be easily explained as pure evil that you just need to go kill without direct provocation. So yeah, they're basically a gift from the gods of game development.

@EdIsCool

said:

" @Mikemcn said:

A game where you play as a Nazi... Sounds interesting, but has the potential to be about 10x more controversial than that Six Days in Fallujah game, and would probably get shot down just as quickly. A Valkyrie-like story might work, as has been mentioned already, but the protagonist would have to be clearly and immediately subversive to the Nazi cause; not even an eventual convert, but a full-blown rebel. I don't think you could get away with even some pro-Nazi flashbacks without getting your game ripped a new one.
    Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pazy

I wish someone would make a nazi game where you play as a normal nazi soldier in the style of call of duty (not being a superhero like wolfenstien, having a team with you almost all of the time) and the rest of your team talks during missions and inbetween like normal people rememiscing about there family and the farm they grew up on or whatever. It would be really interesting if one (or more) of your team turns out be a "real" nazi (like a member of the party and actually beleives in hitler extreme ideas) and theres infighting and you have to kill them with allied weapons (from up close and you can see that people in your team dont want to do it since they are friends and countrymen) so they dont get you killed by your superiors. The idea of the whole game is not only to be a good shooter but also to show that german soldiers in WW2 werent all Nazi's but people oppressed by Nazi's or people afraid for their families so they had to sign up. Perhaps there could be a scene where your ordered to kill some jewish people and then you have to shoot them (including aiming and pressing the button) or you get shot by your commanding officer and you die (and for completeness you can shoot your superior officer but you get shot by all the other germans outside).

It will never happen but I can hope.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @AjayRaz said:
    " @OutOfBounds9000 said:
    " @kmdrkul said:
    oh yes  "
    @Fr0Br0 said:
    " *Inglorious Basterds quote* "
    Thats'a BIIIINGO!!!
    EdIsCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By EdIsCool

you wont get a triple A or even double A nazi game. But indie devs could make and online distribute it.
    as a 3rd year GD student its an interesting idea. I wouldnt want a shooter as I said I'd prefer to play as a Nazi governor of a town.

Shazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shazam

I want me some Nazi scalps so of course Nazi games are good ...

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Griddler

Shooting anyone is fun.. Nazi or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.