Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wolfenstein

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 18, 2009

B.J. Blazkowicz returns, guns blazing, to stop the Nazis from harnessing the power of an alternate dimension known as the Black Sun.

First Impressions:Started Wolfenstein This Evening

sup909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 5

Edited By sup909

I received Wolfenstein this evening from my Goozex cue. To be honest I was not looking for another first person shooter to show up at my door. If anything I was eagerly awaiting Prince of Persia or Batman: Arkham Asylum. In anycase this is what showed up. When I originally read about it, it on received mediocre reviews. First impressions so far though are that this is a pretty solid FPS. Controls are well done (same as MW2 btw), the veil mechanic is fun. There is even a decent  scavenger system for intel for back story a la Bioshock. I found myself surprisingly sinking a couple of hours into it this evening. I am curious though if anyone is actually still playing multi-player on this thing. 

sup909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sup909

I received Wolfenstein this evening from my Goozex cue. To be honest I was not looking for another first person shooter to show up at my door. If anything I was eagerly awaiting Prince of Persia or Batman: Arkham Asylum. In anycase this is what showed up. When I originally read about it, it on received mediocre reviews. First impressions so far though are that this is a pretty solid FPS. Controls are well done (same as MW2 btw), the veil mechanic is fun. There is even a decent  scavenger system for intel for back story a la Bioshock. I found myself surprisingly sinking a couple of hours into it this evening. I am curious though if anyone is actually still playing multi-player on this thing. 

L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By L33tfella_H

Eh, Multiplayer's a bit gash compared to the competition in all honesty, i don't think anyone really plays it.

Singleplayer game on the other hand, i really liked it, i even wrote a review of it if you wanna check it out, i really thought it was a solid game by Raven, sadly no marketing money from Activision and no real steam to push it except for it's name, the game wasn't the biggest hit. But i really liked it, so that's all i need to say about it really.

sup909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sup909

I agree with your sentiment. I will see how the game progresses as I get further into it. As you stated I fear the online is pretty much all but gone at this point. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.