Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wolfenstein

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 18, 2009

B.J. Blazkowicz returns, guns blazing, to stop the Nazis from harnessing the power of an alternate dimension known as the Black Sun.

How's the Multiplayer?

Muffin_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Muffin_Hunter

For those of you who remember Return to Castle Wolfenstein's multiplayer how's this one compare? Is it as fun as it ever was? I've hardly heard anything about it. :(

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By matt

oh boy.... well... how do i say this... its not good. Multiplayer is the first thing i loaded up and it doesn't come close to Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Honestly i only played 2 matches but the guns felt clumsy and the upgrades seemed really overpowered and it just felt bad overall. Maybe i just need time to get into it but so far I'm quite disappointed.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jeffsekai

Its really laggy, not very fun. If they fixed the lag I might play some of it but right now its about as bad as Gears of War 2 on launch day. The single player is really fun tho.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By shadows_kill

its good when its not so laggy. 1/3  games has no lag it seems. the add ons do feel some what overpowered but its NOT what is hurting the multiplayer. whats killing it is in the smaller area in the maps people with flamethrowers can kill you in no time.. other than that i think its pretty good.. i havent played return to castle wolfenstein so idk how it is compared to it..

Muffin_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Muffin_Hunter

Oh man, that's too bad. I was hoping it would've turned out better, but thanks for cluing me in guys. I still might checkout the game later for the single player, when there's a price drop.

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Paliv

I loved Return's multiplayer, I will pick it up for sure if I hear they fix the lag issues.  I am really interested in this one.

Newportdadde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Newportdadde

There is quite a bit of lag even on the games showing a couple of green bars for me.  The host seems to have a very large advantage,  if I go one on one with a host I will usually loose.  I've only played about 10min of the single player so I can't really speak for that but I've heard good things.  I probably have in a least 3 or 4 hours in on multiplayer. 

Right now I would say the multiplayer is inferior to Red Faction.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeffsekai

Wow almost a week later and not even a word from the devs on weathers there's a patch coming dear god this is pathetic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.