Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wolfenstein

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 18, 2009

B.J. Blazkowicz returns, guns blazing, to stop the Nazis from harnessing the power of an alternate dimension known as the Black Sun.

Im surprised by the Campaign - 70% complete mark

MushroomStamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MushroomStamp

So i'm about 70% finished with the campain and thought i would chime in a viewpoint. First, I didn't have high expectations for the game based on the past Wolf games were just OK.  The story is actually interesting and the shooting mechanics aren't a pain the in the ass. No drifting of aim  :) :)  I hate when games try to replicate realism by putting in bouncy guns and randomizing where the bullets go within the area (some realism is harmful). I dont' use aiming assist ! So, that being said, the bullets go where I aim not the crap you encounter with Killzone 2 (bite me).  You get a few powers that don't overwhelm the game mechanics. You don't feel like your playing a super hero,  yet they do help enough that they are relevant. I found using the shield is pointless unless you don't know how to move and shoot. But with the AI being rather mediocre (hint: non existant) you don't need to camp and pick off. Wolf uses the tactic of just sending more soldiers at you instead of smart ones... that being said, Playing it on Uber is how you will get the most enjoyment out of it because you just get a LOT more soldiers and then it makes either cover or the shield power useful. Playing through on normal I just found the action to be a little light because how fast I would kill them. You kill the guys fast because it doesn't matter if you hit them in the arm or leg or gut or head.. they die. So, rushing in guns blazing and hopefully with your a power or two activated you can wipe out rooms rather effeiciently.  When playing on Uber I think that is really where the game shines... but the normal mode is enjoyable enough to make you want to play it on Uber again.  I have not tried the MultiPlayer yet. 

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Oriental_Jams

So wait, it's actually good?

MushroomStamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MushroomStamp

yeah.. crazy huh.. I wouldn't recommend for purchase over rental until I can try the MP, cuz that's where the longevity will be.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By fugie7

how did you get the game that early? its suppose to be out  tomorrow, are store actually putting this game on selves that early already?

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OmegaPirate

Obviously a review copy! 
    Or he broke into Raven and stole a copy - or maybe he knows a guy who knows a guy..... 

Not important! at least the game sounds relatively stable!

Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Crixaliz

Most important question.... is it good enough to out sell Madden?

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By fugie7
    @OmegaPirate: well if he got it early then hes lucky, ill try out the demo on xbox live if its there.
    ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ververdan0226

So you stabbed a few Raven employees, is that it??

MushroomStamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MushroomStamp

I don't think it will outsell Madden.. Too many blind followers of that game. Nice marketing ploy though. One side comment. The graphics are actually pretty good.. the problem is, you won't be looking at them very much. Most of your time (in 1P) will be spent with the "ghost view" power on so you can see hidden areas men through walls & such... the "ghost view" has a green tint. 

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ververdan0226
    @MushroomStamp said:

" I don't think it will outsell Madden.. Too many blind followers of that game. Nice marketing ploy though. One side comment. The graphics are actually pretty good.. the problem is, you won't be looking at them very much. Most of your time (in 1P) will be spent with the "ghost view" power on so you can see hidden areas men through walls & such... the "ghost view" has a green tint.  "

Thus far- great, good, mediocre, poor or terrible?

EDIT: And you best not of got it on Bittorrent... seriously... not cool if you did...
    torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By torus

Review copy? More like the leak that's on Bittorrent.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Oriental_Jams
    @torus: Shh, daren't speak of illegal things here on GB. Lest we tempt the younglings.
    Avatar image for deactivated-58efb53e06a03
    deactivated-58efb53e06a03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@ververdan0226 said:
    " @MushroomStamp said:
    " I don't think it will outsell Madden.. Too many blind followers of that game. Nice marketing ploy though. One side comment. The graphics are actually pretty good.. the problem is, you won't be looking at them very much. Most of your time (in 1P) will be spent with the "ghost view" power on so you can see hidden areas men through walls & such... the "ghost view" has a green tint.  "
    Thus far- great, good, mediocre, poor or terrible? "
    The fact that he even considered it would outsell madden must mean something.
    ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ververdan0226
    @Gorillawhat: Hope so, waiting for Jeff's review though... this guy reeks of troll...
    giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15  Edited By giyanks22
    @Crixaliz said:
    " Most important question.... is it good enough to out sell Madden? "
    that is the most important question lol...There's no way it will...People from ages Forty to five will buy madden. Most people who have 360s /PS3's don't even know that Wolfenstien is out...
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Stang
    @ververdan0226 said:
    " @Gorillawhat: Hope so, waiting for Jeff's review though... this guy reeks of troll... "
    How about just look at his achievements instead of calling him a troll? I don't know about you, but I see Wolfenstein in his played game list.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By TheHBK

I wonder if people still play Wolfenstein Enemy Territory.  I think i will just go back to play that.  If the multiplayer is like that then i would want to play and maybe buy.  Also, the enemy AI being dumb and just using most soldiers, thats what we call Nazis.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I stopped reading after Killzone 2, just because you dislike a game with actualy weight to there guns and a shooting system that actually makes sense, doesn't meen you have to blame poor old Killzone 2, he gets enough beatings from the 360 fanboys.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By VWGTI

I had no idea it was developed by the X-Men Legends guys. I'll have to check it out now.
    MushroomStamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MushroomStamp

Troll?? not this again.. you people kill me.. look at my user achievements.. you'll see the Wolf Achieves. I don't use Torrents. 

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Diamond

take picture of retail box maybe?

MushroomStamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MushroomStamp

Holy crap.. you people are unbelievable.. 1st, it doesnt' matter where I got it. I'm tired of justifying myself with you people. I get MOST GAMES EARLY.  I have a friend in the biz.  Why can't people that happen to games early and obviously provable by achievements just post commetns about the game, giving people a heads up, without being prosecuted.  Sorry you don't have a friend in the biz like me. Get over it and just pay attention to what is being stead of trying to rip people apart. .. Green monster is strong in you people.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ververdan0226
    @Stang said:

" @ververdan0226 said:

" @Gorillawhat: Hope so, waiting for Jeff's review though... this guy reeks of troll... "
    How about just look at his achievements instead of calling him a troll? I don't know about you, but I see Wolfenstein in his played game list. "
    I did look at his achievements. I was saying that because the guy did not sound reliable to me, not necessarily because I don't believe he didn't play the game. Shame on me for being judgmental, but I'm still gonna take the opinion of a guy who has it early with a heavy grain of salt, no matter how valid it may be or how truthful he actually is. Maybe that's bad of me for going to an extreme such as troll, but I really am just still waiting to see reviews from professional outlets.
    torus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By torus

If you are in fact telling the truth, I'm sorry for accusing you (it's persecuting, not prosecuting, btw). It simply seems far more plausible for some random poster to have obtained a copy via torrents, rather than through some other, far less common, legitimate methods.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By c1337us

Thats awesome. Big Wolfenstein fan so I am glad to hear that this game is alright in your opinion. I can't wait to pick this game up when it comes out and decided for myself though. Thanks for the heads up.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#26  Edited By ArbitraryWater

So Wolfenstien isn't total garbage? That sounds good. Maybe Jeff won't have to take the shot of gin after all.

bartholomew999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bartholomew999

Thanks for the heads up on the game.  I'm in my forties and have a history with Wolfy.   It's good to know that most of the basics are decent.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By mike

This game isn't complete trash but it isn't a must-buy either. It's a relatively competent shooter with a decent story and some cool upgrade and "magic" mechanics.

brocool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By brocool

anybody having issues where the game doesnt save properly? .. This happened to me twice where I lost around 2hrs of progress and had to do it all over again! really testing my patience..

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#30  Edited By sjschmidt93

Oh god it has MP.  

Another game that probably shouldn't have MP...

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By Tordah

I'm 79% complete with the campaign and it's been a blast so far. The game starts out kinda slow but once you get the veil and the more crazy weapons like the particle cannon and tesla gun it gets really fun. The game can feel kinda uneven at times but when it's good, it's really good. The second half of the Farm level was the first time I experienced that "alright, this is pretty awesome" feeling and from there on it just gets better. As for the story...it's nonsensical and over-the-top, just like it should be in a Wolfenstein game!

Jeff mentioned in the review that he didn't use anything but the three standard rifles for most part of the game because of scarce ammo for the other weapons, but I haven't had any problem with that. The enemies that drop the particle cannon ammo seems to spawn all the time and each drop refills like half of your ammo for that gun. Not to mention that you'll eventually have all five of the powerful weapons so there's always ammo for at least one of them. The MP43 is very useful in the hub-world though and probably your best choice for enemies further away once you upgrade it.

At this point I've also fully upgraded the MP43, particle cannon and most of my veil powers as well as several other upgrades for other weapons so I don't really agree with the gold problem either. I've only put a moderate effort into finding treasure and I still miss like half of it in every level. I'm sure you could upgrade quite a lot of stuff if you really try.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By asurastrike
    @SJSchmidt93 said:
    " Oh god it has MP.   Another game that probably shouldn't have MP... "
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein had MP and it was great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.