Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wolfenstein

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 18, 2009

B.J. Blazkowicz returns, guns blazing, to stop the Nazis from harnessing the power of an alternate dimension known as the Black Sun.

Wolfenstein (ps3) - poor multiplayer?

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By bed

is it just me, or the multiplayer on the PS3 version of Wolfenstein have really shitty multiplayer service?  

why do I say this? well first off, when you connect to a multiplayer game, after it finishes loading, it takes almost a min to go from the loading screen to the actual game, which i find unnecessary. I've seen 360 multiplayer gameplay and they don't have this problem.  

also, the game seems to have alot of lag.. it's not my internet cause i play COD4 / burnout online and i have no problems with lag. this is a big problem 'cause the controls are delayed a bit at times and it's just a really irritating experience (like all lag).   

don't get me wrong, the multiplayer is solid when  you get into a room with no lag. but these problems frequently occur  

does anyone else have these problems on the PS3 version of wolf? or do I just have some unexplainable problem when it comes to this game?  

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Pazy

I hope this isnt true or gets fixed soon, I was looking forward to getting this to go with my new Ps3 but might have to get the PC version instead.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bed
    @Pazy said:
    " I hope this isnt true or gets fixed soon, I was looking forward to getting this to go with my new Ps3 but might have to get the PC version instead. "
    the single player is fantastic but yeah, you should def. get the PC version. this isnt the best game to get with a new PS3. 
    VirtuaXav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By VirtuaXav

Yea same thing happened with me. My internet connection seems to be fine with other games too, but once I find a game in Wolfenstein it's all kinds of crap.

Lag central.
    Hopefully they fix it up soon because I don't really like the single player campaign anyway...

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Pazy
    @AjayRaz said:

" @Pazy said:
    " I hope this isnt true or gets fixed soon, I was looking forward to getting this to go with my new Ps3 but might have to get the PC version instead. "the single player is fantastic but yeah, you should def. get the PC version. this isnt the best game to get with a new PS3.  "

While I was mainly looking at this as a singleplayer experience the MP was something I looked forward to because of the last games. Since that isnt really an option what FPS would you suggest is the one to get to last me a while in multiplayer (that is a PS3 exclusive)?
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By super_machine

That sucks. Years back, Return to castle wolfenstein on PC had great multiplayer.

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By bed
    @super_machine said:
    " That sucks. Years back, Return to castle wolfenstein on PC had great multiplayer. "
    hell yea. i'm still playing wolfenstein enemy territory 
    bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bed
    @Pazy said: 
    While I was mainly looking at this as a singleplayer experience the MP was something I looked forward to because of the last games. Since that isnt really an option what FPS would you suggest is the one to get to last me a while in multiplayer (that is a PS3 exclusive)? "
    in multiplayer? probably Killzone 2. the multiplayer is great, they've released 3 great map packs and it has a strong amount of players. the single player is alright, short though.  

resistance 2 might be your thing too. solid single player campaign, 60 players online w/ no lag, 8 players online co op and the ability to play split screen online (like you and a friend can play with 58 other players online, locally)  

in the terms of PS3 exclusives, you can't go wrong with either one. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.