Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Tanks

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 12, 2010

World of Tanks is a free-to-play (F2P) massively multiplayer online (MMO) team based action game featuring WWII era tank combat.

The 360 Version came out today. Anybody curious?

Gruebacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Totally forgot this was coming out. I'm curious if any duders are going to check this out.

As someone who has played WoT off and on for the past two years, I don't have any interest at all in playing the 360 version, but I'm very curious about how it turns out. I feel like it's metric of success will define a lot of things, including how much more Wargaming will grow and how free-to-play games are viewed on Xbox. I'm not sure how much it matters, but I think it's such a shame that a free-to-play game requires a Gold subscription.

Currently, it seems like it's doing ok. About half a million tried it out during the beta period. I'm sure it'll be a success. Just not sure how much of a success it will be.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I played a good bit of the beta and was very impressed with how it seemed to be coming together. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the battles were fast and team work was definitely required to win. I will probably boot it up over this weekend and see how the live version fairs, but I certainly recommend that others check this out. The value and upgrade options seem consistent to not completely outclass those who choose to remain as free players also.

Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Amducious

I'm just watching the tutorial videos now. It does look interesting. Since I have a week off I might give this a blast, see if I get any good at it. I was kind of hoping the guys might give us a livestream or quicklook to see how good the gameplay is and the level of competition I can expect.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm very interested in this and will probably check it out this weekend. If anyone wants to play add me on XBL- BRASSY JAZZHOLE

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By jaycrockett

I played the beta and it's not bad. Ultimately it's just a lobby based, death match shooter. I kind of wish it was most historical simulation style, but it's not bad for what it is. I'll probably download it again.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah, what the hell. TANKS! Feel free to add me for tank based shenanigans, my XBL name is the same as my one here.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
    TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I've enjoyed what I played so far. It's cool how you get killed and can immediately join another game.

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

Redownloaded, yeah, this game's pretty good. Multiplayer shooters aren't really my thing, but I do like the more strategic, slower paced Counterstrike style game.

This is really easy to get into and out of. So I'll probably keep it on my hard drive for a quick game every now and then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.