Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Tanks

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 12, 2010

World of Tanks is a free-to-play (F2P) massively multiplayer online (MMO) team based action game featuring WWII era tank combat.

There is an Open Beta for this...

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

World of Tanks, I sorta stumbled upon it but now im downloading the client for it's open beta. According to Rock Paper Shotgun, its actually pretty cool. I have no clue what to expect, but if I could get some Giant Bomb Duders to try it out it might be interesting, so if anyone's interested, go here and join up. Its clearly for crazy people buts its free so its worth a try. 

Tanks? Sounds good.
          Tanks? Sounds good.
    Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Novyx

Well, I happened to try this out prompted by some twitter mentions of it. Actually surprisingly fun. Reminds me a lot of Chrome Hounds. So, at this rate, in another couple months we'll have enough people together to actually play one team. Not sure how adding works, but I'm 'Novyx' on WoT as well.

wormz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By wormz

What a sexy game. Having a great time with it. Good compromise between simulation and casual shooting. Damage modeling is supposed to be pretty deep and there's room for some strategy when you're slowly sneaking behind the enemy spotting dudes for teammates. Then when you finally get there and start shooting it's ricochet after ricochet and then you die. Definately worth checking out.

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By takua108

Looks interesting, downloading right now, but I can't guarantee my laptop or my college's Internet connection will support it.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mikemcn

yea, after spending some time with it, its incredibly solid for a free game. Theres alot of progression, and between Germany, the US and Russia theres like 100 tanks. I also don't feel like the paid for elements unbalance anything too bad. 

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Pie

I hear it was made in Russia.......

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mikemcn
    @Pie said:
    " I hear it was made in Russia....... "
    Someone get Dave Snider on the line. 
    Chaotic_Mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Chaotic_Mind

I played the open beta for more then a month and its a great game. In the beta you couldn't buy gold, but you got every day 250 gold. I bought with the pre order  the heavy package for 90 bucks , i will get 25000 gold and a premium tank. 1 month premium account costs 2500 gold, so for that amount i can have premium for 10 months. But also without buying gold it is a great game, gold only makes it a little bit easier. So yes its free and yes you will have a lot of fun without paying for it. But when you want to make your own platoon , company or even clan you need a premium account (2500 to create a clan) you dont need premium account to join a platoon , company or clan. Also when you want to convert exp in free exp you need gold and for some consumables you will need gold. So yes please try it, if you like WWII games i think you will enjoy it and later you still can decide if you want to spend some money in it, so the game can get even better. This months there will be more updates, like new tanks and new maps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.