Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Tanks

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Aug 12, 2010

World of Tanks is a free-to-play (F2P) massively multiplayer online (MMO) team based action game featuring WWII era tank combat.

World of Tanks Beta anyone?

KirillOrlov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

So I got an invite to the beta earlier today and would love to set up a little GB crew run. Feel free to add me on Live: Swasnons. I have mic chat and all. Haven't played much of it on PC but hey why not try it out, I feel I've watched enough of it to be pro?

jessej07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

This is me: https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Profile?pp=0&GamerTag=The+8bucks50

I would like to play with people but depending on the time of night I might not be mic'd up. Anyway, if you see me on and just want to join a game together (can we do that?) send an invite!

I have a few questions as a complete WoT noob: is it normal for matches to be really short? It seems like there is no respawning, at least in the two matches I played. The game was over after like 5 minutes and I died pretty early both times.

Also, how do you get new tanks? I see I have lots of gold, stars, and whatever other currency there is but I can't unlock any other tanks. Do I have to rank up my current tanks to unlock the others? I feel like I'm getting one-shotted by the enemy.

c6c6dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By c6c6dog

Hey jessej07, I'm a complete Giant Bomb noob, but I have been playing the World of Tanks Beta for the past few weeks. I'll see if I can quickly help you out...

1st Question: Can you team up? Not exactly yet, the platoon feature has not been added yet but will be eventually. However, if you take the same tier tank as a friend or friends and hit the 'battle' button at the same time, chances are very high you'll be in the same game (but perhaps on different teams).

2nd Question: is it normal for matches to be really short? Hmmm, it really depends. Very rarely do the matches last the full 15 minutes I'll grant you that, but most matches will go about 8 to 10. If you're dying early, try these few suggestions. 1) Never go into the middle of the map. 2) Know your tier of tank and pay attention to the number posted above the enemy tank...rule of thumb if its higher than you do not engage...rather stay behind cover aim at the enemy and tap (do not hold down) the left bumper. This effectively calls out that target and tells your team to shoot him. 3) Be arty safe. If you stand for any period of time, and the enemy is in range to spot you, artillery can come raining down at any moment. It's usually a good idea to move some erratically to throw the artillery off.

3rd Question: How to buy new tanks? You need to upgrade the tanks you have first, which will then unlock the next tier of tanks in your tech tree. To do this, first select either of the Tier 1 tanks you have in the garage, then go down in the menu to upgrade. Fully upgrade the tank with the packages. Next from the garage press the right bumper twice to the tech tree, select the country flag of the tank you just upgraded and then select one choice of tanks down the tech tree line. You'll have to research the tank first and then confirm the purchase. After this, the brand new tank will be in your garage. Rinse and repeat and you'll have a full garage in no time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.