Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

Free copy of Cataclysm expansion and level 80 Character

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mmmslash

If you used to play, but perhaps dropped off before Cataclysm came out, this is a pretty alright deal (if you're interested in playing again, of course!).

You get a free copy of the Expansion, a level 80 character with Blues (so you can hop right into the Cataclysm content), a week of play time, and I get a sweet mount if you use my Scroll of Resurrection to do it.

Feel free to use this thread to coordinate with others, too, if folks are interested.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/06/official-scroll-of-resurrection-revamp-details/

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By adoggz

oh that sounds pretty good. I almost want to get back in just for the free level 80.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By NekuSakuraba

You go all the way to level 80? Wouldn't that be a lot of extra skills to learn?

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Can you even do this if you don't have Lich King?

The only reason I quit last time was because I didn't want to buy two whole expansions to get Cataclysm content.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60

They're giving away free 80s now? Why? Now there's goIng to be 10x more shitty tanks and healers.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @LordXavierBritish: Yep, total upgrade from WoW classic to Cataclysm.

This is a super offer for anyone on the fence, but I feel bad for subbing last month..if I knew this...><
    Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
    deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What they are selling characters now? when did this start?

veiasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By veiasma

@JustKamToo said:

What they are selling characters now? when did this start?

Selling implies you pay for the leveling. This is free. It's really temping too.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mmmslash

@CL60: Not that there are many 85's who know how to play their class, anyway. You can't make the general community any more incompetent than they already are.

@adoggz: Well, if you decide to, let me know! I would dig a new mount.

@Veiasma: The same goes to you! I'd be happy to spread my Scrolls to anyone willing to take them.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Oh this could ruin the endgame community even more than it already is. I'm not an elitist but at least when you play your class from
    1-80 you, usually, know how to play it.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mmmslash

@MariachiMacabre said:

Oh this could ruin the endgame community even more than it already is. I'm not an elitist but at least when you play your class from 1-80 you, usually, know how to play it.

I'd disagree. If LFR has taught me anything, being 85 doesn't mean a single thing. The game is full of knuckle-dragging neanderthals. Yesterday we had a Paladin queue up as Heals and proceeded to pull every boss and complain when he died.

People are terrible at this game all over, this just means I have a wider berth of idiots to wade through.

That said, WoW is an easy game, I don;t understand how folks can be so bad at it.

Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Adamsons

You might want to add the free server transfer and faction change into the OP, they are the greatest incentives imo.

Edit - I'm way to jaded to play wow again, but it's a decent deal for people on the fence, esp for people with friends on other servers / factions etc.

Mmmslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mmmslash

@Adamsons: The issue is that they are limited. They only allow them to transfer to the sender's server and faction and, while I would be friendly with them, there is a very slim chance they would be interested in anything to do with our Guild on Horde Mug'thol.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By lethalki11ler

Anyone wants to resurrect me?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By penguindust

Interesting, but I've had my fill of WOW. With all the other MMOs I haven't played on the market now (many of them F2P) or arriving later this year, why would I return to something I spent two and half years with? This makes me wonder just how much longer WOW will remain a subscription-only game.

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By alanm26v5

@LethalKi11ler: Sure PM me your email. And if anyone else wants one do the same.

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Pop

if anybody wants to be resurrected by me just PM me, oh I'm EU btw so if you're US you won't get the server transfer but you still get the level 80 and free cata upgrade from vanilla or wotlk.

isbecome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By isbecome

Looking for a duder to help me snag a free 80.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BionicRadd

@MariachiMacabre said:

Oh this could ruin the endgame community even more than it already is. I'm not an elitist but at least when you play your class from 1-80 you, usually, know how to play it.

Anyone with any level of skill and dedication is in a guild with a more or less set raiding team. Apart from that, "endgame" in WoW as it relates to your average duder who just farts around on weekends has barely changed since Vanilla. Instead of standing around Undercity spamming chat to organize a group full of idiots, I hit LFD and pop instantly into a group full of idiots. So it's just as crappy, but way faster, now.

With that said, if anyone wants an invite, PM me with your Character name and Server (I don't need or want your battle.net email address) and Ill send ya a Scroll.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.