Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

How is the faction (im)balance on your server?

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014

I heard the stories about how people talked about they were outnumbers 10:1 and what not, but I really didn't thing a server could be that bad.  Until yesterday.

For every one green name I see in the new zones there are like ten red names.  I never feel safe when I'm questing because I never know which of the 15 horde that are around me is going to be the one to decide it is fun to kill someone 5v1.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By wunder_

Yeah my server, Thaurissan, is pretty heavily Horde favored. There aren't that many Alliance servers on Oceanic, I think only 2 out of the 7 or 8 have a decent ally pop. There is literally 1 Alliance for every 14 or 15 Horde there are in Dalaran. :<

misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By misterpope

I'm on Altar of Storms, and during the first few hours of Mt Hyjal it was almost every 2 minutes that i would get killed. Officially, its 2.1:1 favoring Horde on my server, but it seemed like 15:1  Stupid frost mages think they own the place. It was terrible.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Cataphract1014

For me, this expansion isn't even fun right now.

I am questing and I never know which of the 15 horde are going to attack me.   Or when one attacks you and you are smoking him and another appears from no where.

The content is really good, the dungeons have been good, but I can't actually play without dying 20 times an hour.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By wunder_

Don't play on PvP servers? :< I live for these kinds of moments.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Wunder_:  I'm all about pvp.  I got gladiator on my druid, but being outnumbered 10 to 1 everywhere you go isn't pvp. =\
    wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By wunder_
    @Cataphract1014:  Well there's really no point of being on a PvP server if you don't like World PvP. You can still Arena/BG on a PvE server totally fine!
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Fallen189

Don't be on a PVP server then.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cataphract1014

I guess I'm in a strange minority where I think that 10v1 isn't "World PVP".

Dunno.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @Cataphract1014 said:
    " I guess I'm in a strange minority where I think that 10v1 isn't "World PVP".  Dunno. "
    If you're bitching about your server, join a new one. I'm on Gorefiend and it's a blast.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Renahzor
    @Cataphract1014 said:
    " I guess I'm in a strange minority where I think that 10v1 isn't "World PVP".  Dunno. "
    World PvP has been and always will be exactly that.  Greifing and ganking come with the territory on a pvp server.  Sargeras was notorious for it in vanilla WoW.  Darkshore was constantly camped by horde off rooftops killing NPCs and alliance lowbies.  STV was almost impossible to level in for either side.

Currently, The horde - ally ratio is pretty balanced from what Ive seen.  Depends on the mood, but overall leveling has been peaceful, you may find a group of horde causing a fuss, or making a quest hub unusable for a time.  That's just a PvP server.  Hell, I wandered around and killed horde trying to do the Baron Geddon quest for quite a while.  World PvP is Random ganking, theres no organization, no "fair" fights.  If its a problem, PvE servers don't allow it, and you can still be a gladiator and do your "real PvP".

Only Sargeras issue I've had?  Sargeras is full, your position in que: 1876
    Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Hunkulese
    @Cataphract1014 said:
    Rule number one of a pvp server: Don't quest alone
    oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By oatz

My last server had 92% horde and 8% alliance.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By melcene

Interesting to see all these servers imbalanced towards Horde.  Lightbringer is 2.5 to 1 in favor of alliance according to Warcraft Realms.  Looking at some of the realms there is crazy though... Cho'Gall is 10.8 to 1 in favor of horde... jeez.   Looks like in general though, the PVP servers are heavily slanted towards Horde and PVE are more slanted towards Alliance.  Personally, I like my PVE server.  Hell, even though its PVE, I was doing world PVP yesterday and my 71 DK and my husband's 71 rogue kicked the shit out of some 80s who were trying to wipe out Star's Rest.   Not to mention WG is a blast, and there's always BGs to do.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By raiz265
    1:1,2 in favor of the Horde on my realm... 

Pretty happy not to be alliance on Destromath [EU] anymore, seems to be 1:12 there, wtf! 

(I'm pretty convinced they all left because I did.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.