Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Dec 07, 2010

Cataclysm is the third expansion pack to World of Warcraft. This expansion revamped and changed much of the original world content in addition to providing new areas, dungeons, and playable races.

/sigh

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cataphract1014
    groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By groin

I not understand!!!!?

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By melcene

Wait... Dude came back and WITHOUT RESPECCING hopped into an ICC raid?  

Shame on the people that let him come on the raid.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @groin:   The boss did a debuff that stacks and does like 50k damage every 2 seconds, and the paladin couldn't dispel it.
    melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By melcene

Ohhh nm... I just went back and looked and it says LIKE fester, and it's a random dungeon group.  Still a tard for hopping into something without having specced.

Tonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tonic7

Hey, I used to play on Uldum!

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By melcene
    @Tonic7 said:
    " Hey, I used to play on Uldum! "
    Me too, for at least a couple years too.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By ArchScabby

It's funny because i have no idea what I'm looking at.

Frederik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Frederik
    @RsistncE said:
    " World of Warcraft sucks. "
    What a lovely nuanced and insightful comment. Thank you very much for sharing your wisdom...  
    You see, I didn't realize this through the 100+ hours that I played it but now, thanks to your careful analysis, I have finally understood. 

Thank you  
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CowMuffins
    @RsistncE: We don't need people like you in this community. If you don't have anything insightful to say, or any reason for backing up these claims, it would be much appreciated by all that you not post.
    Tonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tonic7
    @melcene: Hey, cool. I used to play a dwarf hunter. I was in a guild called Pantheon which eventually merged into Poor Play when Burning Crusade hit. Great times on Uldum, great times.
    jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#13  Edited By jacksukeru

I don't mind the tards as much as the munchkins myself, got a lot of that while tanking with low HP during Lich King. Luckily, I played with a friend who played as a healer so if guys were being jerks we could just boot them and find new DPS's.

Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Oni
    @gakon5 said:
    " The few times I did dungeon runs Alliance side, I once grouped with a Paladin tank who hadn't trained Consecrate.  After he hearthed out to go find a trainer (this was also pre-LFD), I ditched.  Also, this is a stupid anecdote, but one time I grouped with a Mage who was specced 0/0/71.  He was complimenting our Warrior tank on his "slick" build, although he insisted it was a standard tank build.  I decided to infer that, to this Mage, the idea of spending points in more than one tree was completely novel to him. "
    Consecrate is not what it used to be. I still use it, but if someone doesn't spec into it, don't dismiss him. Hammer of the Righteous does more than enough AoE damage for threat, consecrate is just something I throw up when I have a gap in my rotation
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#15  Edited By StarvingGamer

This is why I play Horde kek

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Oni said:
    " @gakon5 said:
    " The few times I did dungeon runs Alliance side, I once grouped with a Paladin tank who hadn't trained Consecrate.  After he hearthed out to go find a trainer (this was also pre-LFD), I ditched.  Also, this is a stupid anecdote, but one time I grouped with a Mage who was specced 0/0/71.  He was complimenting our Warrior tank on his "slick" build, although he insisted it was a standard tank build.  I decided to infer that, to this Mage, the idea of spending points in more than one tree was completely novel to him. "
    Consecrate is not what it used to be. I still use it, but if someone doesn't spec into it, don't dismiss him. Hammer of the Righteous does more than enough AoE damage for threat, consecrate is just something I throw up when I have a gap in my rotation "
    I'm pretty sure he means the guy didn't even train consecration yet.  Not that he didn't spec into improving it on the talent tree.
    IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By IBurningStar
    @StarvingGamer said:
    " This is why I play Horde kek "
    Me too, brother. /troll dance
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gakon5 said:
    " @xobballox said:

" @Oni said:

" @gakon5 said:
    Consecrate is not what it used to be. I still use it, but if someone doesn't spec into it, don't dismiss him. Hammer of the Righteous does more than enough AoE damage for threat, consecrate is just something I throw up when I have a gap in my rotation "
    I'm pretty sure he means the guy didn't even train consecration yet.  Not that he didn't spec into improving it on the talent tree. "
    This was also Burning Crusade era.  I don't know much about Paladin tanking but I'm sure it's plenty different now from what it was one, two, and three expansions ago.  [edit] And we were all in our 30s or 40s, so he has even fewer options as a tank.  You can't expect everyone to be an expert, but I hope anyone who tries tanking or healing can at least understand at a basic level how their class does it. "
    Yeah, paladin multi-target tanking back then was all about some consecration.  I actually have a story kinda similar, my raid group was going for Vashj (who we killed on our first night trying her within 4 hours, that was awesome!) and one of our shaman healers wasn't going to be on time, so we brought a new recruit and he hadn't trained several of his totems that he needed for the fight (and basically any fight) claiming that it was just a waste of money and he would never need it.  I don't mind people not knowing their class well if they play casually, but if you're trying to join a serious raiding guild, come on...
    Oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Oni

Those people are the worst. I don't understand why you wouldn't train all you available talents anyway. I mean I have never ever specced holy but that doesn't mean I don't train those spells. Why wouldn't you?? On Heroic Forge of Souls, when I was DPS, our healer died during the last boss fight and I kept the tank up with my heals and we downed him anyway. "Be all you can be!"

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#21  Edited By vager

I don't trust anyone who puts 'lol' at the end of their name.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By raiz265

lol :D 

we've kicked soooo many healers from heroics already because they didn't skill their dispell 

i just can't understand how anyone could skip those talents

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By OmegaPirate

Its things like this that scare me away from warcraft - give me a team of 5 terrorists and a planted bomb at point B on de_dust2 when im last man standing and im as cool as ice about it. 
    But  
    all that... 
    shouting 
    I would just apologize profusely curl up in the corner and cry til my subscription expired D:

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I had 5 groups wipe on the second boss in Grim Batol last night, either due to not kiting the mace phase or standing in the aoe or a combination off those.

People suck><

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By management

I loled

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Tennmuerti

140k hp?
    Damn when they said that player health skyrocketed in Cata, I didn't realise how much.

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By raiz265
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " I had 5 groups wipe on the second boss in Grim Batol last night, either due to not kiting the mace phase or standing in the aoe or a combination off those.  People suck>< "
    Grim Batol is a bitch on heroic... 

First group I had in there was perfect somehow... I didn't really have a clue what to do but it worked fine so I was like "ez mode dungeon, NEXT!" 

But the last 6 times or so all my groups were crushed by the first or second boss... :( :(
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By penguindust
    @ArchScabby said:
    " It's funny because i have no idea what I'm looking at. "
    Neither do I which is even funnier for me because my old main was a holy paladin.  Either they've changed the game a lot in the last 2-1/2 years since played or I've just forgotten all this stuff.  Probably a bit of both.
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raiz265: 
    Its so easy its just shameful.
    Only reason it goes wrong is when people do not move from AoE or when tanks think they can withstand the mace.
    If your group has any sense the bosses, any boss in cataclysm, isn't that hard.

I run with my guild and we never die
    I run pugs and they die all the time.
    They just wanna run in and get loot, not think or crowd control or avoid moves. >.>
    Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @TaliciaDragonsong said:
    " I had 5 groups wipe on the second boss in Grim Batol last night, either due to not kiting the mace phase or standing in the aoe or a combination off those.  People suck>< "
    "Guys, when he pulls out the maces I need to kite him so slow on DPS"

"LOL DPS WOOOOOO" 

Boss turns around a hits dps for 200k.
    fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By fattony12000

And that is why I go 3 gateway 1 robo expand.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jack268

You guys actually pug? I've seriously never had a successful pug for random heroics since Cata released, sometimes people even fail in normals. Guild runs is the way to go unless you want your life to be filled with rage.

TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Jack268: 
    Most of the time its actually pretty doable, its just the guys that think they're gods gift to Warcraft that mess up.
    Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Dark_Jon

It's almost like a second language.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By RsistncE
    @Frederik said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    What a lovely nuanced and insightful comment. Thank you very much for sharing your wisdom...  You see, I didn't realize this through the 100+ hours that I played it but now, thanks to your careful analysis, I have finally understood.  Thank you   "
    @CowMuffins said:
    " @RsistncE: We don't need people like you in this community. If you don't have anything insightful to say, or any reason for backing up these claims, it would be much appreciated by all that you not post. "
    I find it absolutely hilarious that people take so much offence over someone thinking their video game sucks. Almost as if my opinion makes the game less enjoyable for you. Right.
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CowMuffins
    @RsistncE said:
    " @Frederik said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    What a lovely nuanced and insightful comment. Thank you very much for sharing your wisdom...  You see, I didn't realize this through the 100+ hours that I played it but now, thanks to your careful analysis, I have finally understood.  Thank you   "
    @CowMuffins said:
    " @RsistncE: We don't need people like you in this community. If you don't have anything insightful to say, or any reason for backing up these claims, it would be much appreciated by all that you not post. "
    I find it absolutely hilarious that people take so much offence over someone thinking their video game sucks. Almost as if my opinion makes the game less enjoyable for you. Right. "
    Not the point. The point is that your comments are meant for nothing else other than to offend, or enrage, other users. Either write about why you don't like it, or don't post anything at all. Posting something that has no actual value to the thread as a whole is unnecessary.
    SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SadPatrol

im so confused 

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Dark_Jon said:
    " It's almost like a second language. "
    @SadPatrol said:
    " im so confused  "
    Don't worry, fellas.  It's all gibberish I think.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @CowMuffins said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    " @Frederik said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    @CowMuffins said:
    I find it absolutely hilarious that people take so much offence over someone thinking their video game sucks. Almost as if my opinion makes the game less enjoyable for you. Right. "
    Not the point. The point is that your comments are meant for nothing else other than to offend, or enrage, other users. Either write about why you don't like it, or don't post anything at all. Posting something that has no actual value to the thread as a whole is unnecessary. "
    OK.  I hate the cartoony art style (I think it's butt ugly) and I hate the Nintendo 64 graphics.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By RsistncE
    @CowMuffins said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    " @Frederik said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    @CowMuffins said:
    Not the point. The point is that your comments are meant for nothing else other than to offend, or enrage, other users. Either write about why you don't like it, or don't post anything at all. Posting something that has no actual value to the thread as a whole is unnecessary. "
    News flash: my comments are being posted to a video game website forum, not a peer reviewed scientific journal. Nothing any of us post will EVER be of any value. Do you honestly think these forums and the opinions held within matter? Jeezus.
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys are being silly, stop it.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By wunder_
    @RsistncE:  Wow, so instead of trying to improve the state of forums and trying to raise one forum's reputation to a standard above the chaff, we decide it's completely alright to just wallow in the filth? Surely there's some desire to improve ourselves and surely there's a sense of guilt that, after the realization that we're dragging a forum down because of our posts, that we at least owe something to the creators of this forum and company? Note that I used 'we' in all of these examples - Giantbomb is a community, not one troll, not one white knight. Everything we do, say and debate here is recognized as a whole unless explicitly stated otherwise.
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By Rockdalf
    @RsistncE said:
    " @CowMuffins said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    " @Frederik said:
    " @RsistncE said:
    @CowMuffins said:
    News flash: my comments are being posted to a video game website forum, not a peer reviewed scientific journal. Nothing any of us post will EVER be of any value. Do you honestly think these forums and the opinions held within matter? Jeezus. "
    I can`t believe you`re actually trying to defend your juvenile behavior when it`s obvious you`re a capably intelligent person.  I`m sure you walk up to social video game conversations all the time and introduce yourself by saying ``X game sucks``.  Now grow the fuck up and go troll somewhere else while the rest of the people in this thread treat you like they should`ve in the first place, looking at you like an idiot.
    ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ninjakiller

lol @ people who still play wow

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By toowalrus

I've gotten so used to tanking in the lich king, I've forgotten how to be a good tank. I can not make it through these heroics, man.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @ninjakiller said:
    " lol @ people who still play wow "
    lol @ people that post on the forum of a game they don't play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.