Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Legion

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 30, 2016

The sixth World of Warcraft expansion taking place on the Broken Isles with a new Demon Hunter hero class and a level 110 level cap.

Hey, let's try a community Nighthold raid on March 3rd

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By rorie

I had a good time the last couple of times that we did LFRs with the community, so I figured I'd see if we can get enough people together to do a raid on Normal difficulty. It shouldn't be too hard compared to the latest content, but a: I haven't done the raid before and b: I haven't been playing a huge amount lately so I'm a bit rusty.

If you think you'd be free for an Alliance raid the Nighthold on Saturday March 3rd at 2 PM Pacific then feel free to reply here with your class and spec! It should be flex difficulty so we'll be able to take it on with anywhere from 10 to 25 people; hopefully we'll clear it in two-three hours. I'll also need someone to volunteer walking us through the encounters since I won't know how any of them work (but maybe I'll try to LFR them sometime beforehand).

Feel free to reply to this with your info if you're interested! Also you'll want to add me on Battle.net: frailgesture#1115 We would probably be using a Discord channel that I'll figure out sometime before we do this.

-Rorie - Paladin - Tank

Avatar image for metroidprimerib
    MetroidPrimeRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MetroidPrimeRib

I've done Heroic Nighthold, Tomb and Antorus a dozen times, so I could explain what needs to be explained but since the content is two tiers old it shouldn't be that difficult. I can think of one or two things that might kill some people who aren't Antorus geared. People should probably be 860 item level which is easy to get to now, but it probably won't matter much if there's one or two other people at my item level there. Only thing to look out for is tank mechanics on fights like Krosus and Gul'dan.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/superchunky

-Superchunky - Aff Warlock - DPS

Dokaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Rorie. I play WoW at a fairly high level, but I sadly can't help as I'm on EU servers. However, I do have a few tips:

• Normal/Heroic raids are 10 to 30 people, not 10 to 25. Would be a shame if you cut 5 people for no reason, haha.
    • Antorus on Normal difficulty is also very easy, so if you're struggling to get enough people for an old raid, doing normal for the current raid should be very doable. People were clearing the raid in PUGs the day it came out. You might also have an easier time finding people with knowledge of the current content than the old stuff since a lot of people returned to the game recently because of the free boosts with the BfA preorder.
    • Here's a playlist of fantastic guides to every boss. They're short and very easy to follow, so that should eliminate the need for an in-game "guide".

Good luck with the raid :)

PancakeMix85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey Rorie! I'm one of the raid leaders of my guild and I'd be happy to walk you and members of the community through normal Nighthold! The content is old but there are a couple of mechanics people still need to be aware of, should be a fun time. We could use discord.

You already have me on bnet as John Rodriguez so I'll be in touch. This is my WoW char:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/emerald-dream/pancaked

Kingbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Kingbob

I haven't raided in a few years but I am a decent pally healer.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/doomhammer/tefrin

Datajack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heya Rorie, just wanted to confirm which type of voice chat software that would be needed for the raid? Vent? Discord? thanks in advance!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@datajack said:

Heya Rorie, just wanted to confirm which type of voice chat software that would be needed for the raid? Vent? Discord? thanks in advance!

Sorry, I forgot to mention; we'd probably be using a Discord channel for this.

MetroidPrimeRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that normal Antorus would be easy as well, and you could probably get more people because its still current content and people can use tier gear and the trinkets off Argus

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that normal Antorus would be easy as well, and you could probably get more people because its still current content and people can use tier gear and the trinkets off Argus

I streamed it not too long ago as an LFR; just wanted to do something different!

MetroidPrimeRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie:

Yep no problem. I'll come just for the fun of it.

MisterReese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a pretty high end MM Hunter and Holy Priest to heal and could explain the fights if there's no one else (though I don't know anything about tanking) though if you have the gear to queue for Antorus LFR, it'll be trivial.

Reese#11568

RoadDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

was interested, but i'm horde player... have fun :(

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rorie

I'm still waiting for Rorie trying FFXIV again from the donations from the last mailbag.

Did I miss something? I haven't been in a mailbag in a while.

Donosar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Donosar

Not 100% I'll be able to make it but if I can it will likely be on a holy priest. My mage from the LFR event is now horde but if there's only room for DPS I can quickly gear some alliance damage dealer. Already on your list Rorie.

Dono - Priest - healer

Hilikus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I should be available to tag along:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/undermine/domphelmuck

grandCurator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Someone sent in the FFXIV Complete Collection (Base game and both expacs) in one of the recent mailbags for you. You weren't there, but it's floating around in the office somewhere.

Also I would join in on this, but I haven't played WoW since gearing for The Emerald Nightmare. Best of luck!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: Someone sent in the FFXIV Complete Collection (Base game and both expacs) in one of the recent mailbags for you. You weren't there, but it's floating around in the office somewhere.

Also I would join in on this, but I haven't played WoW since gearing for The Emerald Nightmare. Best of luck!

Ah ok, I found those! It's a DVD-ROM which I don't have a disc for but hopefully I can just download the stuff and try it out. Thanks whoever did that!

gwenners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gwenners

I'd love to come, haven't played much WoW since right before Nighthold came out so never even did it

My Druid is Delyria on Sargeras, can heal, Boomkin or tank if need be

e: can't come, rip

Dexo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Shaman Healer/DPS

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/tokiko

Can do either.

Datajack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pally-Retri

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/cenarius/glorard

ildon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ildon

I'd love to come help out but unfortunately I'm busy around that time. :(

danieljd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By danieljd

I'd like to join.

DanielJD#1461

Arms Warrior

FateOfNever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sadly I've been unable to get an Alliance character up to 110 in time (primarily a horde player.) Good luck to you all though and hopefully if this comes up again in the future I'll have a character ready and available.

MagnusGman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MagnusGman

I'll be down to play! I enjoyed the last LFR run we all did :D

Frost Mage Icedcoughee at your service, sir.

lugged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm down for this as well, I haven't tanked any NH fights but can fill in any role as needed, 950-960ish for melee DPS/tank/heals, 930ish for ranged, so well overgearing in either case. Merino#1355 on b.net.

curiosus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie:

I'd love to join you but also on EU servers. I wish blizzard would stop making the regions totally seperated it just doesn't make sense, this is the sortof occasional thing I'd like to be able to hop over for. But I'd have to get a second sub for NA and then level a demon hunter.

Please make a lunar dragon train while summoning.

puppymehard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By puppymehard
    @rorie said:
    @grandcurator said:

Ah ok, I found those! It's a DVD-ROM which I don't have a disc for but hopefully I can just download the stuff and try it out. Thanks whoever did that!

Hey Rorie, I've got a lot of experience with FF14 (I have a handful of classes at max level and have done about half of the hardest content in the game), and I'd be happy to answer any questions about the game. Whether that's picking a class, figuring out which content to focus on and which content to ignore, learning about the main differences between WoW and FF14, etc. It's really come a long way since 2.0/A Realm Reborn (and an even longer way since the initial 1.0 release).

Avatar image for turqoisetrianglez
    TurqoiseTrianglez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm so totally disappointed that I'm horde side! Good luck in the raid, I'm sure yall will have a blast!

gwenners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last minute watching my niece and nephew for the afternoon, I won't be able to make it :(

Good luck!

spookytree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By spookytree

@rorie:Hey Rorie! I'd love to come do Nighthold on my Resto Druid if there is still room :) ! I took a break in the middle of Nighthold after doing most of the bosses on at least heroic. Just came back recently so this would be a nice fun way to get into the swing of things again as far as raiding goes!

Battle Tag: SpookyTree#11269

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/sargeras/lahna

Donosar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are we delayed or is the stream active somewhere other than giant bomb and I missed the start?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donosar said:

Are we delayed or is the stream active somewhere other than giant bomb and I missed the start?

Hasn't started yet! It'll be around an hour from now. It was always set for 3 PM PST and is still in the upcoming!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had an older discord channel set up for the GB tournament last year; if you'd like to voice chat, feel free to join here.

Donosar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Donosar

@rorie: You might want to go back and edit the top post then. Listed as 2 there. Just went back to the main page and yes it does say 3 there. Sorry for confusion.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donosar said:

@rorie: You might want to go back and edit the top post then. Listed as 2 there. Just went back to the main page and yes it does say 3 there. Sorry for confusion.

Ah my bad!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please add me as Frailgesture#1115 if you are interested in joining! Or just whip me a whisper in-game, I'll be online as Dazemebro - queldorai for a bit.

BigMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie, will you be running something likes this again? Honestly hearing you doing this motivated me to level up my main, a Dwarf Rogue, to 110. I'm trying to build up my ilvl now.

I hope the raid went well.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigmike said:

@rorie, will you be running something likes this again? Honestly hearing you doing this motivated me to level up my main, a Dwarf Rogue, to 110. I'm trying to build up my ilvl now.

I hope the raid went well.

Yep, I plan on throwing another one for Tomb of Sargaras Heroic in a few weeks!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:
    @grandcurator said:

Hey Rorie, I've got a lot of experience with FF14 (I have a handful of classes at max level and have done about half of the hardest content in the game), and I'd be happy to answer any questions about the game. Whether that's picking a class, figuring out which content to focus on and which content to ignore, learning about the main differences between WoW and FF14, etc. It's really come a long way since 2.0/A Realm Reborn (and an even longer way since the initial 1.0 release).

I'm working my way up with a Gladiator, which is what I chose when I played a couple years back. Going OK so far but I'll be sure to make a topic over in the forum if I need help!

BigMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robubie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Robubie

Hey! hope there's another one soon, I just resubbed and would love to run the raids!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.