Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 13, 2008

Travel to the arctic continent of Northrend in Blizzard's second expansion to the most popular MMORPG ever made.

Well I guess I'm not playing WoW anymore.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By rentfn

I used to play WoW a lot. Maybe even too much. I did play with some real life college friends that I don't live close to though. That was my excuse though, I don't see them anymore, it's nice to talk to them over the internetica. Well a few months ago a lot of them stopped playing. It was down to me and another guy. We were doing end game raiding two to three times a week. We were getting sick of it. Eventually he stopped so he could focus on Real Life, quitter, and the Star Craft 2 Beta. I went to the raids for a couple more weeks but finally I got sick of it.

I've been cured for about a month now. Today I got an e-mail from Blizzard. I got into the  Cataclysm Beta. And it was really from Blizzard. Not Chinese gold farmers trying to hack my account. Anyway...just when I thought I was cured. I have to at least try the beta, I thought. I went over to Battlenet and then it hit me. It asked for my Authenticator info....

I just got the new iPhone. and when  I originally set it up I remembered to remove the Authenticator from my account. When I set up the new one I ran the program on my phone and  re-attached it to my account. I lost my contacts when I switched phones and I went to the Apple store because I thought they could use the old sim card to transfer them. They told me you can do it right through iTunes. I was very excited to do this so I went home and restored my new phone to have all the info of my old phone... but forgot to take off the Authenticator from my account. 

So when I tried to get into the account to try the Beta my code wasn't valid. Kinda Sad Panda. I guess I can call Blizzard and they will remove the Authenticator but I'm sure it's a long process. Plus I will have to admit I'm an idiot and didn't think it through. That is the worst part. Has anyone ran into this problem?? Is it easy to do??

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By rentfn

I used to play WoW a lot. Maybe even too much. I did play with some real life college friends that I don't live close to though. That was my excuse though, I don't see them anymore, it's nice to talk to them over the internetica. Well a few months ago a lot of them stopped playing. It was down to me and another guy. We were doing end game raiding two to three times a week. We were getting sick of it. Eventually he stopped so he could focus on Real Life, quitter, and the Star Craft 2 Beta. I went to the raids for a couple more weeks but finally I got sick of it.

I've been cured for about a month now. Today I got an e-mail from Blizzard. I got into the  Cataclysm Beta. And it was really from Blizzard. Not Chinese gold farmers trying to hack my account. Anyway...just when I thought I was cured. I have to at least try the beta, I thought. I went over to Battlenet and then it hit me. It asked for my Authenticator info....

I just got the new iPhone. and when  I originally set it up I remembered to remove the Authenticator from my account. When I set up the new one I ran the program on my phone and  re-attached it to my account. I lost my contacts when I switched phones and I went to the Apple store because I thought they could use the old sim card to transfer them. They told me you can do it right through iTunes. I was very excited to do this so I went home and restored my new phone to have all the info of my old phone... but forgot to take off the Authenticator from my account. 

So when I tried to get into the account to try the Beta my code wasn't valid. Kinda Sad Panda. I guess I can call Blizzard and they will remove the Authenticator but I'm sure it's a long process. Plus I will have to admit I'm an idiot and didn't think it through. That is the worst part. Has anyone ran into this problem?? Is it easy to do??

ConfuciusOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ConfuciusOne
    @rentfn: I forgot my password and had to call them to reset my password.  I spent longer on hold (wait was about 17 minutes) than it took to fix.  It was pretty short and simple, though they may ask you for more information depending on who you talk to/what you need?  I've had to fax a copy of my driver's license to them to prove my identity a couple years ago. 

I'm in the same boat as you--sans Cataclysm invite.  I'm very tempted to start up my account again but I worry I'm going to get sucked back in again and have no time for my friends.  Most of all, I love games too much to dedicate myself to only one.  I know that it'll be the only thing I want to play (even when I have a back log of over 50 games right now). :\

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.