Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Any duders still playing WoW?

• 78 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I reinstalled it. It's so overwhelming to jump back in after all this time (sold account during Cata).

shagral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, the new WoW website just launched and it has a pretty good guide for returning players. I suggest people check it out if changes seem overwhelming.

DumbFounded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just bumping this for the EU players, a few of us started leveling last night and we could do with some company!

Okay, I've made a charter for Lincoln Force on EU-Khadgar and am looking for signatures, add me and let's make something happen. :)

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Guild is made and functional! I've added anyone who listed their battletag in the topic. Anyone else, message me. :) Might make a separate topic for it tomorrow.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@flipperdesert said:

Guild is made and functional! I've added anyone who listed their battletag in the topic. Anyone else, message me. :) Might make a separate topic for it tomorrow.

Hot shit. But it's worth mentioning, Alliance or Horde here?

Also, you got ahead of me by about an hour, as I was just setting one up. Go figure, hah.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I recently subbed back for the pre-patch goodness, decided to re-roll and try out Emerald Dream, seems to be the only high pop PvP server with an even (55-45) faction split. Been having a good time so far.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@l1ghtn1n: Definitely, I'll do as much once I have the actual info on the guild. Need to know the name/faction. And depending on which, I'd like to advocate other folks to maybe set up a sister guild for the other faction.

Sarnecki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Sarnecki

I'm clonking around. My main is Bloodhoof, but I also use Stormwind and Illidian.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@l1ghtn1n: Definitely, I'll do as much once I have the actual info on the guild. Need to know the name/faction. And depending on which, I'd like to advocate other folks to maybe set up a sister guild for the other faction.

Alliance on EU-Khadgar, the guild name is Lincoln Force. :)

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

I've edited the first post with a lazy Monty Python reference, hopefully that ought to be eye-catching enough. Here's the sum of it. -

So it turns out, boys and girls, that some good folks have already established guilds for the majority of you.

If you're in the US, the Horde guild "Bomb Squad" already has a number of members; so go on and send @madscientistcat a message on the site, including your battle.net handle.

If you're in Europe, the Alliance guild "Lincoln Force" has just set up. If you're interested, send @flipperdesert a message, including your battle.net handle, and so on.

Finally, if you're in Europe, and want yourself a Horde guild, there is going to be one available fairly soon. Go ahead and send yours truly a message if you're interested. I will need some help with the charter, and selecting a name, which is by far the best part anyway.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've edited the first post with a lazy Monty Python reference, hopefully that ought to be eye-catching enough. Here's the sum of it. -

So it turns out, boys and girls, that some good folks have already established guilds for the majority of you.

If you're in the US, the Horde guild "Bomb Squad" already has a number of members; so go on and send @madscientistcat a message on the site, including your battle.net handle.

If you're in Europe, the Alliance guild "Lincoln Force" has just set up. If you're interested, send @flipperdesert a message, including your battle.net handle, and so on.

Finally, if you're in Europe, and want yourself a Horde guild, there is going to be one available fairly soon. Go ahead and send yours truly a message if you're interested. I will need some help with the charter, and selecting a name, which is by far the best part anyway.

Thanks for the shoutout! :)

Avatar image for madscientistcat
    madscientistcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@voxus: Nice! Well you're welcome to join our little group or we'll just see you around town!

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

Again, mind; can any EU-Horde players message me so we can set up a guild?

More importantly, we need a name; so uh, go nuts. The dumber the suggestion, the better.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@do_the_manta_ray: EU Horde might have less of a player count, I'd be down to join it though on a casual basis. Could always join the dark side, though. :p

LevelZeroZilch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like the Alliance US Bomb Squad on Aerie Peak did a huge member purge recently. I was gone for two weeks, came back, and none of my characters on the server were part of the guild. Current roster is only 4 at the moment so not sure what happened there.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Is there still an active US based Lincoln Force? Or should I be making something on Khadgar?

Karthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Anyone interested in US-Alliance? Currently based out of Icecrown/Malygos and I could be convinced to start up a guild again. Ran a fairly successful guild in Cata but fell of the horse, but I think the monkey is firmly planted on my back this time.

BigBlueCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't played WoW in a few years. Played a bit of Draenor but never got to 100. Interested in Legion and the demon hunter class. I'd be interested in playing in a guild with some cool and friendly people. Did the whole hardcore raiding thing and I'm just too old to have people yelling at each other over a video game and don't have the time to dedicate to long sessions of raiding. That said, I'd probably want to do 5mans and potentially 10s.

I am located in the east coast and primarily played a tank when I raided.

BN: MiniSorbo#1569

Avatar image for madscientistcat
    madscientistcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bigbluecheese: If you'd like to join us Horde-side on Zul'Jin-US, make a character on the server, type "/who Bomb Squad", and message anyone online to toss you an invite!

qlanth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Is Zul'jin the only US Horde server GB people are playing on?

southbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to play with you US horde on Zul'jin, but I have too many characters trapped on a dead server/guild and the cost of server transfers can be crazy. I've done some research and it looks like cross-realm guilds are not a thing, but cross-realm grouping is a thing. Does anyone know if it is possible to form some sort of permanent grouping/communication with players on different servers?

atomicraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By atomicraiden

Looking to get back into WoW for a bit as well for Legion and beyond. I am in the US on the east coast playing Horde and if I remember correctly I was on the Underbog PVP server. No clue what the status is on that server as I am installing now. Would love to sync up and play with fellow duders since, as others have mentioned, all the folks I played with and the guild of old are long gone. Seems like the only way would be able to do anything without x-ferring would be to do cross-realm groups right? If so, I will probably just make a demon hunter on Zul'jin.

BN:PlasmaSTi#1233

jfried12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By jfried12
    VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

nop

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand why you can't play WoW on a PS4. I get that the controllers are the main issue, but why not just make a keyboard mandatory? I so freaking bad want to play WoW again, but I currently only own a MacBook Pro and it's not ideal. Even at the lowest settings it runs like crap. I'd throw money after Blizzard if they released WoW on consoles. FFXIV pretty much runs like a dream, and that's a way newer (and I would assume more demanding) game.

Well, that or I wish someone would just gift me their PC like they did Patrick. Man, being a student is both the best and the worst.

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've played on and off since before launch, I went 4 years without playing completely missing Pandaria, but since about a year ago I've played a couple months here and there. Legion looks cool, I'll probably buy a copy sometime this week and give it a go. I'm playing Alliance on Darkspear, if anyone else is too let me know!

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking about maybe jumping back in to this craziness myself, but not playing on my two characters I've had since day one is a tough sell and not playing Horde is just too fucking weird for me. @do_the_manta_ray, did you ever start a EU Horde guild? In which case, which server?
    I'll probably be starting to tool around with Legion later tonight, I'll be on EU-Darksorrow if anyone wants to join me.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I've been thinking about diving back in. Not to play hardcore, just to hit max level, do some raid finder or whatever to see the new stuff and get some easy passable gear. My main draw is that I want to do my own personal trip down memory lane and go back and do all the old stuff again and the new stuff that I missed. I stopped playing at Heroic Deathwing. I thought about doing this once before, but found leveling to be a bit of a slog. I have an 87 hunter that I would probably use(though I might be curious to check out Demon Hunters). Can anyone convince me that this is either a good or terrible idea?

Also, is there cross-server guild stuff? I know they've done a lot of bringing together of servers. I ask because I wouldn't be entirely opposed to starting a new character since having a guild might make it more fun, but that's dependent on how annoying it would be to level.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.