Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

Emerald Dream/Nightmare possibly confirmed at Blizzcon?

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

One question at Blizzcon that is always asked is if we will ever get an Emerald Dream or an Emerald Nightmare expansion. And they have finally answered with simply "It's not a question of if, but when". They said the problem with putting it in right now is that they need to find the correct way of adding it. So possible confirmation of a future expansion? Or the next expansion after Cataclysm?

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ToxicFruit

That would accentually be really cool 
    And were could the really go with the next expansion,if they do make another one, other than the emerald dream or back into space ?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous

I've been hoping for Emerald Dream since BC.

Though I'm not sure if I'll ever play WoW again. It's changed too much from the game I used to enjoy.

Tysman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Tysman

I was guessing for the Maelstrom (which is being incorporated in Cataclysm) after Lich King, then Emerald dream. But honestly, with blizzard you never really know what they could cook up. They could come up with something entirely new if they wanted to

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Detrian

Sorry, that's just Blizzard's way of making it look like they didn't forget and pretend to actually care while also petting their fanbase's heads like the stupid little animals they are.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By EnchantedEcho

WoW kinda needs to be completely overhauled in my opinion, the combat needs to be faster :/

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By meteora
    @EnchantedEcho said:
    " WoW kinda needs to be completely overhauled in my opinion, the combat needs to be faster :/ "
    Unfortunately for such a massive MMO with a huge fanbase behind it; there isn't much room for change without alienating millions of subscribers. MMOs traditionally have been very slow pace, given their grindfest combat and whatnot. Of course, it isn't to say that Blizzard doesn't try to make tweaks to the mechanics. They just like to add small increments of it so its not a huge change. 

I still doubt that combat pace will increase however. You might as well look elsewhere for that such as Guild Wars 2.
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Bones8677

It kinda has always been confirmed, the Emerald Dream is just like Northrend. It was inevitable to become an expansion someday in the future.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By EnchantedEcho
    @Meteora: I put over 1000 hours into Guild Wars, I cannot wait for Guild Wars 2 to come out, but they are taking forever :|

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.