Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

How do I get back into WoW?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Hey gang.

I have a lot of free time on my hands at the moment, and I'm thinking about playing WoW again because hey, why not. So heres my question. I think I might just go back in on one of my level 80s from when I played WOTLK. I already have a free ten day trial of MoP, but when I tried to play, it was hard. It got hacked by a load of chinese hackers and I haven't a clue where to go, or what to do.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Assume I'm fresh to level 80 and I want to get back into the game. I'd love to hear from you dudes!

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I believe you automatically get Cataclysm so you can just sub and do the levelling/5 mans there; see if you enjoy it. I sold a Hearthstone beta key for 250 bucks last year and felt semi-obligated to pay Blizzard back somewhat so I wound up subbing for a month and had a decent amount of fun with it, had no impulse to buy the new expansion or anything though.

Everything in the game is more or less automated now so all you have to do is press a queue button for raiding, 5 mans, or pvp; that has some appeal but also takes a lot of the magic out of the original formula (which died long ago); the whole using /find to search for people to run something like Uldaman with, then the ridiculous logistics of getting everyone there over the course of the next 45 minutes; then painfully slogging through it and getting items that you couldn't use yet; complete with random loot drama, getting lost, and entertaining wipes. Now it's just queue, walk down a hallway, fight boss, walk down another hallway, fight boss, walk down the last hallway, fight boss; collect loot.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

I believe you automatically get Cataclysm so you can just sub and do the levelling/5 mans there; see if you enjoy it. I sold a Hearthstone beta key for 250 bucks last year and felt semi-obligated to pay Blizzard back somewhat so I wound up subbing for a month and had a decent amount of fun with it, had no impulse to buy the new expansion or anything though.

Everything in the game is more or less automated now so all you have to do is press a queue button for raiding, 5 mans, or pvp; that has some appeal but also takes a lot of the magic out of the original formula (which died long ago); the whole using /find to search for people to run something like Uldaman with, then the ridiculous logistics of getting everyone there over the course of the next 45 minutes; then painfully slogging through it and getting items that you couldn't use yet; complete with random loot drama, getting lost, and entertaining wipes. Now it's just queue, walk down a hallway, fight boss, walk down another hallway, fight boss, walk down the last hallway, fight boss; collect loot.

Where do I actualy go? Is Mt Hyjal the place to hit?

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Where do I actualy go? Is Mt Hyjal the place to hit?

Like he said, I'm pretty sure you'll automatically get a quest to follow as soon as you log-in with your fresh lvl 80. From there on it's either Mount Hyjal or Vashj'ir as a starting zone for your level 80-85 trip.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.