Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

thinking about ditching my Shaman and going Paladin.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Hi guys, im in a conundrum here. I have a Level 77 or so Shaman that I put a lot fo time anf love into. However, im starting to feel like a Paladin might be more enjoyable in the long run. I can tank and do lots of stuff. Not sure what use a Shaman has in raids or dungeons or really how good they are at all. But heres the thing, going to back redoing everything to level a new dude seems so soul crushing to me, and I would feel like I ditched my Shaman before I leveled it to 80 and im ona  constant cycle of starting enw characters whenever I get one to a decent level,  I really wanna get to 80 one day and its going to haunt me till I do. What do you guys think? If I did go Paladin, I would probaly go Dranei because I think theyre cooler as shamans and teh only horde race that can paladin is BE and im not about to do that, Or I could start leveling my level 55 Warlock on a differnt server to 80 and just do that. Warlock sounds like theyd be cool. My main thing is my hesitence to redo and grind through everything i did before to level a new dude. God I wish Blizzard had a Paid Character class change option.
    MMkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By MMkain

If you are good then then you will be able to find a spot in a raid regardless of your class. I'd stick with your Shaman and explore some of the level 80 content before you begin to level another character.

Bobdaman18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bobdaman18
    @Raven_Sword:
    Couldn't you wait for that cataclysm thing thats comming out soon?  Then you'd be going through all new content with your pally and if you don't like it just switch back to shaman?
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

I've got an 80 Shaman, and I think it's a lot of fun, mostly because it's a radical change from the Mage I usually play. My brother plays a Pally though, and I'm slowly getting jealous of it, I almost wish I had started the Pally as my 2nd character rather than the shaman.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ravensword

Yeah, ill probaly pick up the new Expansion when it hits then start a Pally and paly through that. How much of the beginning game has really cahnged though when taht hits? Is it too the point where I wont be bored out of my skull because I did it all before, sometimes twice? And if I dont liek the Pally or its going too slow, ill probaly jump back on my Shaman. No reason I cant have two characters, right?
    sheira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By sheira

First of all you should get atleast one character to 80 to see whats the endgame content about. Then you'll have certainly easier time deciding what character to stick with. If you want to be a healer, i'd say both classes are equally good in PvE, both are essential part of any raid.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By 71Ranchero

Shamans are incredible. Stick it out a bit and if anything, just play both.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JokerClown88

Go warrior instead.  Nothing more fearsome then an Orcish warrior.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.