Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

World of Warcraft Question

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mbradley1992

Hey guys, I have two questions:

1. I had a Warcraft character (level 32, I believe) that I haven't played in 4 years or longer. When was the deadline for me to login and keep that character? It's not a deal breaker, as at this point, I'd rather start fresh maybe, anyway. But it'd be nice to still have the character there to get my feet wet again in.

2. If I wanted to come back, and I only had WoW vanilla and Burning Crusade, what would I need to at least be able to level to 70 or 80? I don't have to have the Warlords expansion (yet), but I would like to be able to get to level 70 or 80 and also probably create a death knight class to try out (my old build was a hunter). I saw that the WoW vanilla pack for $19.99 on the Blizzard store said it includes up to level 80, but I don't know if that means it also includes the content. Or, since I have WoW vanilla already, if I should just go buy the expansions, and which ones to buy. I'm just a bit confused on where to start to get back into it.

Thanks!

Coke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Coke
    1. Your characters are never deleted. You're thinking of the thing where all of the names of the characters that hadn't logged in since some time in 2008 were going to become available.
    2. If you buy the game titled World of Warcraft from Battle.net you get all games from vanilla through Mists of Pandaria for $20. This allows you to level up to 90 and experience all of the content up to that point. If you're still interested by that point you can buy Warlords of Draenor (brand new expansion) for $50 which unlocks Draenor and the level cap of 100.
    mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coke: So I'd be better off buying the store version for $20 and ignoring my vanilla and BC copies?

Yokelbloke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Yokelbloke

I believe by owning a previous version of WoW, you already own all the content up to and including Pandaria. You can check by logging into Battle.net and checking your account status. I had a friend return after being away for 6 years, and he only had to buy Warlods to get back up to speed. Plus, free lvl 90!

The_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@yokelbloke: that's accurate and you don't have to burn your free 90 right away. if you get your old toon up to 60 (and buy WoD), you get 600 skill in your two selected profs. You also can opt to make that 90 on any server.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks everybody!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.