Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warcraft

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 23, 2004

World of Warcraft is an MMORPG that takes place in Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft universe. At its peak, it boasted a player base of over 12.5 million subscribers, making it the most popular MMO of all time.

WoW not so "wow" anymore?

Dots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Dots

Ok, so I pretty much played WoW from the start. Made my awesome Dwarf warrior and got up to level 60, then like everyone else I found some fancy guild and started to farm my epic gear of epicness. WoW was great, I was great! But then, a great plague arrived at my doorstep, this... this thing called "The Burning Crusade". The expansion where you could go beyond epic, beyond 60, to a new level... level 70. Now, this may sound kinda cool and so I thought, but I quickly found it to be boring. I no longer felt the power in my hands, my epic weaponry and armor was quickly swapped out with soggy greenbies. I was now back to my original state, a nobody... After only a week with the Burning Crusade, I quit...

Almost 2 years later...
    And I was back, Wrath of the Lich King was released and a new beginning had come. My previous account was long gone, so I started a new one. This time... A new warrior arised, a human, but this would not last long, I had other plans. After leveling my warrior to 55, I chose to become, a Death Knight, and the first thing that came to my mind was: "This is fucking awesome!" and it was, it was fucking awesome, for a while... I leveled up to 76 before I yet again grew tired of WoW and a few weeks later, I quit again...

I had so much hope for WotLK, I was hoping it would be just as awesome as the original, but sadly not. Maybe next time?

Dots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Dots

Ok, so I pretty much played WoW from the start. Made my awesome Dwarf warrior and got up to level 60, then like everyone else I found some fancy guild and started to farm my epic gear of epicness. WoW was great, I was great! But then, a great plague arrived at my doorstep, this... this thing called "The Burning Crusade". The expansion where you could go beyond epic, beyond 60, to a new level... level 70. Now, this may sound kinda cool and so I thought, but I quickly found it to be boring. I no longer felt the power in my hands, my epic weaponry and armor was quickly swapped out with soggy greenbies. I was now back to my original state, a nobody... After only a week with the Burning Crusade, I quit...

Almost 2 years later...
    And I was back, Wrath of the Lich King was released and a new beginning had come. My previous account was long gone, so I started a new one. This time... A new warrior arised, a human, but this would not last long, I had other plans. After leveling my warrior to 55, I chose to become, a Death Knight, and the first thing that came to my mind was: "This is fucking awesome!" and it was, it was fucking awesome, for a while... I leveled up to 76 before I yet again grew tired of WoW and a few weeks later, I quit again...

I had so much hope for WotLK, I was hoping it would be just as awesome as the original, but sadly not. Maybe next time?

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hexpane

Everyone who has ever played a MMO:

This is awesome!
    That nerf sucked!
    Same old thing!
    New expansion awesome!
    I'm bored, why? I should blog about it

Dots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dots

Well... It felt really good to let it out. =)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

I'm back into WoW after about a 5 month break, and I'm glad with how they buffed warriors so much.  With all the nerfs that were constantly coming our way for DPS and dmg specs, it's nice that we can finally do what we're supposed to do again.  To be honest, I had kind of dreaded the game ever since the DW/Enrage nerf.  Now, though, very happy indeed.

My only concern is that LK seems to be too fucking easy.  Hardly struggled in any of the heroics, the raids seem relatively laid back...so I don't know, it just doesn't feel very...difficult.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Vinchenzo

I'll assume you know nothing about Warcraft lore and will dismiss you as hating WoW for only half the reasons listed here, if not more.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jakob187
    Vinchenzo said:
    "I'll assume you know nothing about Warcraft lore and will dismiss you as hating WoW for only half the reasons listed here, if not more."
    Actually, they are fucking up the lore pretty bad.  I mean, the fact that people will be able to actually wield Frostmourne is Grade-A bullshit!  How can people wield Frostmourne without turning corrupted?  Moreover, why the fuck is it that Frostmourne will be in the game, but not Ashbringer?  It seems pretty shitty that the sword which can provide corruption is featured, but not the sword that provides healing!!!  It's like, "hey, here, go die" instead of "hey, here, save the world".

On top of which, it's also pretty shitty that ANY CLASS can be a Death Knight.  It should be very limited, and by very limited, I mean to pallies.  It's the only thing that seriously makes sense in the terms of lore.  To top that off, only one race from each side should be able to be Death Knights.

To be honest, a TON of the Warcraft lore has already been raped and pillaged with WoW (I mean, for fuck's sake, Haris Pilton is a character with an achievement in the game!!!).  Therefore, I don't think any of his gripes are worthless at all.
    TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By TomA

If your hoping that the next expansion will be different,then i hate to tell you it probably will be the same thing,a new hero class,new proffesion,maybe a new class or race,and of course,level 90.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jakob187
    TomA said:
    "If your hoping that the next expansion will be different,then i hate to tell you it probably will be the same thing,a new hero class,new proffesion,maybe a new class or race,and of course,level 90."
    From what I'm to understand, they are adding in at least two more hero classes before the next expansion.  Archdruids are one of them, and the other hasn't been mentioned yet...but everyone's pretty sure it's bloodmages.
    Dots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dots
    Vinchenzo said:
    "I'll assume you know nothing about Warcraft lore and will dismiss you as hating WoW for only half the reasons listed here, if not more."
    I can assure you that I know quite a bit about Warcraft-lore and I would also like to say that I'm not "hating" on the game. I was merely stating that WoW has lost it's sense of epicness, everything is too easy now.

TomA said:
    "If your hoping that the next expansion will be different,then i hate to tell you it probably will be the same thing,a new hero class,new proffesion,maybe a new class or race,and of course,level 90."

I don't think that the next expansion is gonna be different, I'm just hoping it will be a lot harder.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Vidunderpulver said:
    I can assure you that I know quite a bit about Warcraft-lore and I would also like to say that I'm not "hating" on the game. I was merely stating that WoW has lost it's sense of epicness, everything is too easy now.
    That's casual for you. From what my friend told me, if you refer-a-friend now, you can get extra experience and level up even faster. This shit is getting ridiculous. Also, I realize you weren't hating the game, bad choice of words.
    KingGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By KingGeorge

This game got me through some tough times. Shout out to all my homies on Daggerspine

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Geno

I didn't really like WoW after playing through the free trial and having 90% of my time simply being walking around in barren wastelands.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Milkman
    jakob187 said:
    "I'm back into WoW after about a 5 month break, and I'm glad with how they buffed warriors so much.  With all the nerfs that were constantly coming our way for DPS and dmg specs, it's nice that we can finally do what we're supposed to do again.  To be honest, I had kind of dreaded the game ever since the DW/Enrage nerf.  Now, though, very happy indeed.
    My only concern is that LK seems to be too fucking easy.  Hardly struggled in any of the heroics, the raids seem relatively laid back...so I don't know, it just doesn't feel very...difficult.
    "
    Oh come on, a DPS warrior? You can do better than that, jakob.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.