Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

World of Warships

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Sep 17, 2015

In World of Warships, players fight in multiplayer battles with 20th century vessels from a variety of nations and upon varied nautical locations. The game is free-to-play like its sister titles, World of Tanks and World of Warplanes.

It's out today! Anyone playing?

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

Today marks the release of World of Warships and, while some players (like me) have been playing for a while today also marks the beginning of ranked play in the game.

I've got a tier 6 cruiser, the Cleveland, and a tier 6 battleship, the New Mexico, so I'm about to start a few ranked matches myself. Anyone else been playing, and if so what do you think? Interested in teaming up to form a division?

Having played Tanks and Warplanes previously, I have to say I think this is Wargaming.net's best effort to date - but like everything else, we'll see if it maintains its charm a few years (and many updates) down the line

Puchiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I love warship games. Naval Ops Warship Gunner/Commander series are my favorite games of all time. Is this game only PVP? Or does it have campaigns or missions you can play with a friend or by yourself?

The game looks beautiful and everything I the kinda of game I've always wanted but I don't like play against other humans.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9d14856890c
    deactivated-5c9d14856890c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Got into this after hearing it praised on the Idle Thumbs podcast. It's surprisingly great and has hidden depths... :) You can play a reasonable amount of content for F2P so it's not too odious. Second season of ranked battles has just got underway too.

The beauty of it is everything is slow enough to consider your tactics but not so slow as to be dull so it's a lot more welcoming that faster paced multiplayer games. It totally has that simple to learn but lifetime to master buzz to it, as the shooting and amor modelling of the ships allows a lot of nuance to how you try and hit targets and how you position your ship to minimise the chance of being hit, and avoid serious damage when you are.

Anyone play on the EU servers here? Be good to get some GB fans on my friends list for this. I go by BeardofZaius in the game so feel free to add me.

@puchiko There is a co-op mode against bots. The game actually starts you in this mode to get you used to it before allowing you to play against humans. The options still available later, so that might be worth a go?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.