Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Worms Revolution

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

Worms Revolution is the next game in the Worms franchise from Team 17 Software. Built entirely from scratch, Revolution will return to the series' 2D roots.

Preorder bonus better than actual game?

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By alexl86

Okay, full disclosure: Who preordered this for an "exclusive"(for how long I wonder) steam copy of Worms Armageddon? 

For the record, yes, I did.

circlenine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By circlenine

I have a feeling that they'll trot out WA as a preorder bonus for a lot of the Worms stuff they put out on Steam without ever putting it up on sale as a stand alone thing, like how the early GTA games are on Steam but only as part of the GTA packs. Team17 is smart enough to realize that what 90% of people who care about Worms as a series want is that they just want Worms Armageddon again and they'll just use that to sell their new stuff.

I was really tempted to preorder to just have a copy of it on Steam but never ended up doing it.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RazielCuts

I loved Worms Armageddon, played the demo loads when it came with the Official Playstation Magazine (I miss those demo discs D: ). The art style at the time (and still now) was great.

dunc12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By dunc12

I actually prefer Worms World Party to Worms Armageddon, the tweaks they made to WWP are fantastic. Are either of these on Good Old Games?

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB

@dunc12 said:

I actually prefer Worms World Party to Worms Armageddon, the tweaks they made to WWP are fantastic. Are either of these on Good Old Games?

Nope. Just Worms 2 at the moment. Worms 2 is pretty awesome though. It offers complete customization of all weapons. Turn up the power and force on prod and you can nudge people thousands of feet to a watery grave.

Armageddon added a ton of awesome weapons though. Too many to make it anything less than a tough decision to go back and play Worms 2. I still have a CD copy of Armageddon, but modern OS support is spotty.

dunc12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By dunc12

@AndrewB said:

but modern OS support is spotty.

No kidding, I tried to get WWP to run on my Win 7 x64 machine not too long ago and couldn't get it to work, even with the supposed compatibility patches. Errors every time. I'll have to check out Worms 2 again, haven't played that in maaaany years.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By AndrewB

@dunc12: There's an "experimental" beta patch that worked for me. Since the game will never be updated again, it's never going to be out of beta, so it's worth a shot if that's not what you were alluding to with "compatibility patches." Then there's the problem with the color palette with a fix here. I remember getting it working awhile ago, but I haven't played it for a long while.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
    WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

I preordered for Armageddon... Sadly a nostalgia trip I could have done without

sunitalee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sunitalee

@GloriousDinosaur said:

I preordered for Armageddon... Sadly a nostalgia trip I could have done without

preorder

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.