Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wreck-It Ralph

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Oct 30, 2012

A sidescrolling platformer, is the Sub-sequel from the Disney film-gaming of the same name

Thoughts on this movie?

Chops037

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chops037

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but I saw the trailer for this movie for the first time yesterday and I'm a bit shocked that gaming culture is going to be the basis for a Disney movie. It seems like a lot of the jokes are based around things young children won't really 'get' too (from the trailer anyway).

Just wanted to see if anyone else feels weirdly proud that this is happening? Or offended/horrified, etc? Personally I think this sort of mainstream exposure can only be good for the gaming industry.

Here's hoping it's actually a good movie. Although I kinda wish it was Pixar making it instead (not the 'Cars' team mind you).

Link to the trailer:

http://disney.go.com/wreck-it-ralph/

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

It's great. Maybe it gets some 8 year olds interested in what Q*Bert is.

Surprised Kano got in there.

ManotheBard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ManotheBard

I am likely looking for too much out of it, but I hope it will be an moderately observant movie about video games and their evolution. I also hope it is in the hands of creators who have an above-basic understanding of gaming. I do understand it is for a younger and mainstream audience so it will be toned down in some areas.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

Sounds like a guy who's ready to party.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Sooperspy

Looks pretty cool. I like the idea of it and seeing all of those game characters is neat. And I like John C. Reilly.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think this movie looks great. I expect that there will be a lot of throwbacks. At least that's what I infer from the trailer.

Just because you are bad guy doesn't mean you are bad guy.

monster9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By monster9999

Just got back from the advance screening its really awesome. If anyone gets a chance i can fully recommend it, a fair amount of subtle video game humor that i think most Bombardiers would enjoy. I think they are marketing it poorly, as most of the marketing is aimed at kids, but really it has a ton of jokes that kids wont even get and a lot of adults would appreciate. Ya if your thinking about it, go see it.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Giantstalker

John C. Reilly already got a ticket out of me, as far as I'm concerned.

For your health

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kerned

I don't know what to think of it. It may be alright, but I wouldn't expect too much depth as far as the gaming references go. Then again, who knows? John C. Reilly is the shit, so the script probably had to be of some quality for him to agree to it. (That, or it came with an especially large paycheck.)

ma_rc_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ma_rc_01

I want it to be good but if you have a ''stop mimicking me!'' joke in your trailer, that means that it was one of your funniest parts and that's scary.

ElvishPresley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ElvishPresley

I'm a huge fan of animation in general (as well as John C. Reilly), so seeing this is obviously a no-brainer for me. Even considering that this is being done by Disney Animation and not Pixar. That being said, they've put out some pretty good stuff, like Bolt and Tangled. (Believe it or not, Chops, Cars 1 & 2 were done by straight-up Pixar, not Disney.)

But here's why this movie really excites me: it has the potential to be the Who Framed Roger Rabbit of video game movies. And if you haven't seen that little film recently, well, pop it in the ol' DVD player and remember that goddamn masterpiece.

Wreck-It Ralph won't be as good as WFRR because it's not a badass noire with a surprising amount of sex and violence, not to mention a cigar-smoking baby. Also, the combined Disney and Looney Tunes characters are a lot more interesting than Q*bert and gang. However, it will have that movie's capability to have a ton of jokes and surprises from the never-ending cameos. It won't be a masterpiece, but it will be clever, fun, and laugh-worthy. I hope.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By GunstarRed

Its got Sonic in it so it must be good. Everyone loves Sonic right?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I've already decided to see it. I love what I've seen of it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5985ee6460d86
    deactivated-5985ee6460d86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Hope its good; never really got me interested tho.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MiniPato

@monster9999 said:

Just got back from the advance screening its really awesome. If anyone gets a chance i can fully recommend it, a fair amount of subtle video game humor that i think most Bombardiers would enjoy. I think they are marketing it poorly, as most of the marketing is aimed at kids, but really it has a ton of jokes that kids wont even get and a lot of adults would appreciate. Ya if your thinking about it, go see it.

I was more worried about the marketing focusing on the cameos like it's a neat gimmick trying to make up for an otherwise lackluster movie. Glad to hear its good though.

Hulkamaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hulkamaniac

Just got done watching it. I thought it was pretty good. First quarter (get it?!) of the movie was the video game references, but the overall story arc wasn't so bad. I did like how the arcade manager looked like the guy from The King of Kong. A nice touch. Also TMNT arcade made a frame or two too. Loved that game!

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By nightriff

@Hulkamaniac: How was Sarah Silverman? I can't stand her and too much of her is a bad thing, if she is in it a lot I'll just wait till its at red box

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.