Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

WWE All Stars

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Mar 29, 2011

Legends and current superstars go at it in this over-the-top wrestling game from THQ's San Diego studio.

Desperately demanding Ric Flair!

commanderleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By commanderleon

How can you have an *all stars* game without *the* arguably biggest wrestling star of the past 3 decades? Do you guys have any explanations why Flair didn't make the cut? As far as I know he's signed with TNA, right? But so is Hogan, and he's in the game, so...?
    Yeah, anyway, point being: Any ideas why we can't get The Nature Boy? I'd definitely shill out some extra cash for DLC Ric Flair.... woooo~!

Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
    deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

He's probably fell out of favour with the WWE, also, he's never been apart of the 'WWE Legends Program' so I wouldn't expect him to be in the game at all.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous

Probably because he said he was done with wrestling and then immediately went to TNA, so Vince now hates him.

Honestly, do you think Ric Flair has as big a pull as Hulk fucking Hogan to the casual market? I'd wager most non-wrestling fans don't even know who Ric Flair is.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StaticFalconar

I'm pretty sure WWE hates flair right now. 

commanderleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By commanderleon

Thanks for the responses and your interpretation of the whole Ric/Vince/TNA situation. It's too bad still since I'm a huge Flair mark plus I've kinda grown bored of THQ's latest WWE releases, so I was hoping for the Nature Boy in this one. All of my friends are more or less into brawlers and wrestling, but as very, veery casual gamers had problems getting accustomed to the rather complex (for beginners, at least)  controls in the SvR games.
    TL;dr it's a shame.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm a humongous Flair make, but I think there's still a sour taste in Vince's mouth after giving Flair the biggest and classiest send off the business has ever seen and then he goes to embaress himself in TNA. 
    And as mentioned earlier, I don't think he has a Legends contract like people like Jake Roberts or the estate of Curt Hennig does which doesn't give them free reign with the intellectual property.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By IBurningStar

Flair is in TNA and doesn't have a Legends contract. However, Kevin Nash does have one. Looking forward to seeing him hopefully pop up at some point.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By 234r2we232

I was rooting for David Flair. Oh well...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76
    deactivated-5f8ac39b52e76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@sofacitysweetheart said:
    " I was rooting for David Flair. Oh well... "
    YES! But only in his crazy phase with the crowbar.
    HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By HairyMike87

He can't be making that much money. I mean, Hogan gave his likeness to the game and he does commercials and TNA. But I agree that he should have just stayed retired and appreciated that WWE gave him the opportunity to do so in a good way. 

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Oldirtybearon
    @HairyMike87 said:

" He can't be making that much money. I mean, Hogan gave his likeness to the game and he does commercials and TNA. But I agree that he should have just stayed retired and appreciated that WWE gave him the opportunity to do so in a good way.  "

Kind of hard to do that with three monthly alimony payments of roughly $50,000 each and virtually no prospects left in his career.
    I'm pretty sure Flair would like nothing more than to retire and go live the quiet life somewhere, but because of three ex-wives and their alimony he'll be working until it kills him or he's crippled.
    apeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By apeman
    @commanderleon said:
    " How can you have an *all stars* game without *the* arguably biggest wrestling star of the past 3 decades? Do you guys have any explanations why Flair didn't make the cut? As far as I know he's signed with TNA, right? But so is Hogan, and he's in the game, so...? Yeah, anyway, point being: Any ideas why we can't get The Nature Boy? I'd definitely shill out some extra cash for DLC Ric Flair.... woooo~! "
    you are a very strange person.
    Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Marcsman

I think the WWE considers Bob Backlund more of a legend for their brand.

Personally give me The Iron Sheik, Nikolai Volkoff  or King Kong Bundy

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.