Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released May 01, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a game based upon the movie of the same name that tells the early story of Wolverine.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine the game

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By daniel_beck_90

Activision Publishing, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI) has released new details on X-Men Origins: Wolverine, whose titular hero is one of the most popular Marvel characters of all time. The video game, scheduled for release in May 2009, coincides with the global debut of Twentieth Century Fox's release of its feature film, X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE, which is also based on the famous Marvel character.

From the award-winning studio Raven Software, the video game enlists players to experience the tormented origins of Wolverine, from his escape of the Weapon X facility to the jungles of and beyond. The game is currently in development for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 , PC, Wii , Nintendo DS, PlayStation2 and PSP and is not yet rated by the ESRB.

"We have an amazing team with Raven Studios at the helm, creating what will undoubtedly be the quintessential, true-to-character Wolverine video game experience that fans have been craving," said Rob Kostich, vice president, global brand management, Activision Publishing, Inc. "X-Men Origins: Wolverine amps up the action by bringing to life Wolverine's wholly unique skills such as his brute strength, regenerative mutant abilities, and indestructible adamantium claws and skeleton in an immersive experience that is fitting to one of the most enduring and popular characters of all time."

No , seriously !!! he is really angry !!!

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is an epic action-adventure featuring a true-to-character Wolverine gameplay experience that takes gamers through and beyond the movie's storyline. Set in a variety of vivid real-world locales, the title challenges players to hone their animal instinct as they uncover hidden dangers, hunt and destroy enemies, and take on seemingly insurmountable situations while discovering the truth about Wolverine's tragic past. With razor-sharp adamantium claws unsheathed, the future X-Man enacts lightning-quick combat, evasive maneuvers, in-depth combo attacks, and an array of brutal finishing moves. Wolverine doesn't just deliver massive damage, either -- he also takes it, thanks to his mutant regenerative power that heals him in real time right before the player's eyes.

The title is in development by Raven Studios and Amaze Entertainment.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Activision Publishing, Inc. (NASDAQ:ATVI) has released new details on X-Men Origins: Wolverine, whose titular hero is one of the most popular Marvel characters of all time. The video game, scheduled for release in May 2009, coincides with the global debut of Twentieth Century Fox's release of its feature film, X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE, which is also based on the famous Marvel character.

From the award-winning studio Raven Software, the video game enlists players to experience the tormented origins of Wolverine, from his escape of the Weapon X facility to the jungles of and beyond. The game is currently in development for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 , PC, Wii , Nintendo DS, PlayStation2 and PSP and is not yet rated by the ESRB.

"We have an amazing team with Raven Studios at the helm, creating what will undoubtedly be the quintessential, true-to-character Wolverine video game experience that fans have been craving," said Rob Kostich, vice president, global brand management, Activision Publishing, Inc. "X-Men Origins: Wolverine amps up the action by bringing to life Wolverine's wholly unique skills such as his brute strength, regenerative mutant abilities, and indestructible adamantium claws and skeleton in an immersive experience that is fitting to one of the most enduring and popular characters of all time."

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is an epic action-adventure featuring a true-to-character Wolverine gameplay experience that takes gamers through and beyond the movie's storyline. Set in a variety of vivid real-world locales, the title challenges players to hone their animal instinct as they uncover hidden dangers, hunt and destroy enemies, and take on seemingly insurmountable situations while discovering the truth about Wolverine's tragic past. With razor-sharp adamantium claws unsheathed, the future X-Man enacts lightning-quick combat, evasive maneuvers, in-depth combo attacks, and an array of brutal finishing moves. Wolverine doesn't just deliver massive damage, either -- he also takes it, thanks to his mutant regenerative power that heals him in real time right before the player's eyes.

The title is in development by Raven Studios and Amaze Entertainment.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I remember when I played X2: Wolverine's Revenge. That game sucked. I can't remember a good X-Men game since Rise of Apocalypse for the GBA. I also have fond memories of Mutant Academy 2 for the PS1.....

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

I just read a preview in EGM that came today... well, I'm still reading it, I skimmed over it, looks promising. I'll stay tuned.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By BiggerBomb

I don't see this as a potential success, most games developed along side their corresponding movies are not.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By daniel_beck_90

^ I totally agree with you

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar

The only good X men games was when they are fighting street fighter characters. Well that and marvel ultimate alliance was passable. Still none of them was tied to a movie.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By bwooduhs

looks promising but it will probably be shit. Will follow it though.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By daniel_beck_90
    X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE = Spider man 3

Terrible Review but good sales nevertheless ?!!!!!!
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By LiquidPrince

Hoping for a good Wolverine game because Hugh Jackman is awesome.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gunswordfist

This game is going to be incredible.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Kazona

I really hope that this game will turn out to be good because Wolverine has always been one of my favorite characters in the Marvel universe. But I fear that it'll turn out to be just as crappy as any other movie-tie-in game.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gunswordfist

No you can trust the guys who did Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Quake 4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.