Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

X-Men

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 12, 1992

An arcade brawler starring six X-Men characters. It was the only brawler to allow up to 6 simultaneous players on one arcade machine.

Game removed from Xbox 360

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Sad day. My son plays this game almost daily. When he went to turn it on today, it was gone. Removed from my 360 without warning. It is unavailable for purchase either. What a horrible business practice. It was literally the only reason we turned on the Xbox 360 anymore.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Digital Future HOOOOOOOO!!!!! -_- So wait, it's not on your console? They can't remove it from your console can they? Can they? Let me check mine.....mine is still here and works fine.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
    thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By thelastgunslinger

I would contact Xbox Support. Even de-listed games aren't remotely wiped and you can still download them from your purchased item list on xbox.com.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By xyzygy

If it is already on your console they can't remotely remove it. It somehow must have gotten deleted.

With past games like that dinosaur thing and that yaris game, they will stay on your console as a game you own and can play. If you delete it, not even the download history will let you download it again if it's been removed from the store. (EDIT Guess I'm wrong about that)

But yeah. Yet another reason why I'm against a digital future, when games become not available.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah should definitely talk to them, or check if you can download it from your purchase history. It is still on my Xbox.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Sad day. My son plays this game almost daily. When he went to turn it on today, it was gone. Removed from my 360 without warning. It is unavailable for purchase either. What a horrible business practice. It was literally the only reason we turned on the Xbox 360 anymore.

Have you tried going through your download/ purchase history? You might be able to re-download it from there.

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks duders for verifying you still have it. I'm at work, so I'm having to get my wife to check this stuff out for me. I won't be able to find out until later if it is under the Download History. I do see that it appears to have been removed from the Marketplace:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Search?query=x-men

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox support has verified that the game is no longer available for purchase. He said I can get it back from Download History, but how does that explain the game being deleted from my console? He played it last night at about 5 p.m. and tried again this morning at 10. Between those times, it was removed.

Aside from that, I don't trust the Download History option. It is impossible to redownload the TMNT Turtles In Time game through that method. I'm assuming it'll be the same with this.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Corevi

Welcome to Die I guess. It makes me happy to hear kids today are still deriving enjoyment from an arcade game I loved as a kid.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bigsocrates  Online

Xbox support has verified that the game is no longer available for purchase. He said I can get it back from Download History, but how does that explain the game being deleted from my console? He played it last night at about 5 p.m. and tried again this morning at 10. Between those times, it was removed.

Aside from that, I don't trust the Download History option. It is impossible to redownload the TMNT Turtles In Time game through that method. I'm assuming it'll be the same with this.

Either it got corrupted or someone deleted it, possibly by accident. Kids can press the wrong buttons and end up deleting someone while trying to turn it on. Microsoft didn't single you out to delete an old Arcade game from your Xbox.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140406233941/walkingdead/images/c/c8/OBJECTION.gif

I just downloaded Turtles in Time just fine. Clearly the one who committed the crime...IS YOU!

AndyPhifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@icicle7x3: Whhhaaaaat. I tried this just last month and it didn't work.

marmalade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By marmalade

Kids can press the wrong buttons and end up deleting someone

No Caption Provided

WSGEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WSGEXE
    nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I'm going to say your kid accidentally deleted it....just throwing that out there as probably why it disappeared.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates said:

Kids can press the wrong buttons and end up deleting someone

No Caption Provided

Please don't delete me

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By agentboolen

@andyphifer: this happened to me when I was moving to a new hard drive. Wasn't able to find either Double Dragon or Ultimate Mortal Kombat, used the download history and all was fix. It's something to do with the contract xbox has with the publisher, there only up there because the publisher wants to sell them, if they don't want to sell them anymore they come down.

But there always on the server just for people who did buy them. Good deal from Xbox but I wish the download history was easier to browse through, the more you download the less easy it is.

Steam interface is much better when needing to download stuff you don't have on your drive anymore, with the your game list that list games installed and not installed by color.

bremaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bremaine

Yeah it is odd that it would be gone. I had a corrupt game a few years back and had to re-download it. Wasn't a problem though.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Your kid probably deleted it. Its real easy to do something like that before you realize what happened. And are you sure you're looking in the right spot? Even de-listed games are always still available to people who have already purchased them. I have tons of early Xbox Live Arcade games like Smash TV that were de-listed years ago and I can still get to them.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Justin258

@andyphifer said:

They can de-list it from the store. However, they will not take it off of your console and they will not prevent you from going into your purchases and re-downloading it. You need to contact support.

EDIT: Sorry, should have read the thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.