Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

X Rebirth

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

X Rebirth heralds more than just an additional chapter within the X series, it is a fresh beginning bringing with it a number of gameplay innovations without compromising its successful origins.

What do you guys think of the X series and the new X rebirth?

lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By lavaman77

For anyone that missed the trailer, Click.

I liked X3:Terran Conflict, it had real potentail but was dull and it took forever to go anywhere. even with cheats the game gets boring fast and it's hard to find anything to do if you're new to the game.

I'll be honest, i picked up X3 only for the battlestar Galactica mods, i pretty much could care less about the core ships since that was my only reason to pick it up. did i miss out on the fun part(s) in X3:Terran Conflict?
    Also let''s not forget the autopilot going kamikaze so god damn often.
    Anyway im wondering  what the Gbomb community thinks of both the new X and the series as a whole.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Funkydupe

In Terran Conflict there are missions, mostly generic ones (defend/fetch/deliver/taxi), in all systems with stations. The same applies for trading opportunities. There are main factions such as the Argon which provides you story (voiced/scripted) missions. To start out with nothing and then work your way towards a good or bad reputation, a personal fleet or space station is pretty cool I'd say. I guess I had the opposite experience with the game. The universe is huge and there are missions and opportunities everywhere. I just had to pick somewhere, establish a way to earn money and then build on from there.

I liked the slow progress and that the game provided a challenge as opposed to the games out there that hold your hands from one mission to the next. At all times the game gave me the option to start a mission or to continue my free-play. What you do in free-play, often facilitates your chances of success in the story or campaign-based missions as they do vary from simple to difficult regardless of where you're at in terms of ships, skills and equipment. 

Traveling did take time, but I enjoy space games and some traveling time from system to system makes sense. As you're probably well aware, the most used button in that game was the time-skip one. Your ship can be fitted with equipment that'll enhance the time-skipping mode to as much as x10. This provided you with a serious boost when traveling. Next to that, there's the energy fueled jump-drives which I really felt opened up the game, and made for more strategic opportunities as well as options in terms of trade. In combination with the time-skipping, yes travel still takes time, but it never reaches a point where it becomes a real annoyance for me personally. The auto-pilot is AI, and we all know AI in games has its limitations. Knowing when and when not to use it is a player responsibility though.

I'm interested to see what the new game, X Rebirth, will offer to enhance the experience. The main quirks for me had to do with the GUI and asset management systems. Luckily, these are both areas they've "promised" to improve. We'll see.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.