X2: The Threat
features a new graphics engine, a much expanded Universe and 60 different flyable ships, along with a number of new missions available to the player. Unlike the expansion pack, X-Tension
, which was almost entirely an open-world
, X2: The Threat
has a clear background story involving an aggressive alien race known as the Khaak. However, the game remains open-ended and the players are free to pursue the plot at their own pace, if at all. X2: The Threat
continues the steep learning curve
of the previous games.
As the game begins you take the roll Julian Gardna, a pirate
attempting to steal a ship with his friend Bert Serra. You are quickly caught by the Argon Police, but are spared prison due to the intervention of Ban Danna the head of Argon Secret Service. Instead you face rehabilitation and end up working for Ban Danna after receiving your first ship. The plot continues as you search for your father and face the Khaak threat.
- OS: Windows 98SE/ME/NT/2000/XP
- Processor: Pentium III 800 MHz (or equivalent) minimum. Pentium IV 1300 MHz (or equivalent) recommended.
- Memory: 128MB RAM minimum. 256MB RAM recommended.
- Graphics: 32MB 3D Graphics Card (GeForce) minimum. 64MB 3D Graphics Card (GeForce)
- DirectX®: DirectX® 8.1
- Hard Drive: 800MB of uncompressed hard disk space
- Sound: Soundcard
- Other Requirements: Mouse, 4x CD ROM
- Keyboard/Mouse:100% Windows® XP/Vista/Windows 7-compatible mouse, keyboard and drivers