Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Xbox 360 Games Store

Platform »

Xbox Live Games Store is an online store for the Xbox 360 and Xbox One which allows users to purchase games digitally.

So Xbox Live Marketplace is now officially listed as

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 11

Xbox Live Games Store.... in order to put all Xbox 360 and Xbox One downloadable titles under one umbrella?

Isn't that going to get a bit confusing, especially with games available for both?

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Can't imagine it would get that confusing. I figure they would just filter out Xbox One games on the Xbox 360 marketplace, and vice versa. Even if they don't do that, they do have different titles on their box-art.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

They'll just be listed twice on the site if they're on both; not really any different than PSN (PS3) and PSN (Vita) or w/e.

reverendhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think either I'm confused or not explaining my quandary clearly.

Say there's a game called Jabroni's Quest. It's coming out for download on both Xbox 360 and Xbox One's marketplaces. It would just get the platform tag XBGS and that's it? It's different for the PS versions because PS3N and PSVN are their own platforms. I understand in the future they just want to lump all physical/digital games together for individual platforms (like what is being done with Wii U currently), but to throw 360 and One's digital releases together is nonplussing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.